Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La thuile evening entertainment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
going to la thuile in a few weeks, 4 fellas in their mid 50's ...others in the group are worried there's no bars etc.... i have been before but only remember going in a couple of bars, no idea wherer they were, there was a barn like place where they had music etc. on one night..(we're not looking for wild apres ski, just a bar with people in it with atmosphere !!!) i've heard theres La cage and also Angelas ...is there anywhere else and is there any pizza or burger places for evening grub as we are doing self catering (which means burgers and pizza !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great restaurant and Pizza , great wine .

https://coppapanledahu.it/

My chosen destination for lunch every time I come over from France , not on the slopes next to the Gondola .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ta..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was a few years back but I remember a place called 'Mood' which had a few live bands. Banging après Austrian-style it certainly isn't.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There’s a place Le Petit Skieur close to the village on Red 6 which does apres to some extent, were always plenty of skis there when we came past late in the day
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are in the plannibel so hoping theres a bit going on.. dont mind a 15 minute walk type of thing,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Take a pack of cards and board games
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lee Shaw wrote:
Take a pack of cards and board games

Just what I was gonna post
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
there must be a bar open till 11 at night in the area ???? surely ??
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@yorkshirelad,

As I said before I only visit for lunch but my recommendation is a great place for dinner , however la Thuile is not small and it’s not frequented by Teetotallers only . I’m sure there will be at least two bars that are open after 5pm , it’s a ski resort in Europe not Salt Lake .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was there 2 years ago. There were 3 pubs/bar near the Planibel buildings, one fairly large one down some stairs and I think a night club attached. There were a take away pizza and a couple of chicken places next to the mini-market. We always stopped at the bar above the tickets office after the last run.

p.s. Just looked up the name, King Bar.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
now that sounds more like. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ..thanks all
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was reading this thread with interest as we are going for a long weekend in March. Our January trip we stayed in a place called itter and there was NOTHING near us. I was hoping not to have those stuck in the apartment type trip.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK, having been there recently I'll add a bit more. Are you going with Crystal? If so, do the pub quiz on the Monday (wouldn't normally suggest this) - it will help you find where the King pub is and you might meet others with a thirst!

Didn't particularly like La Cage aux Folles when we were there - there's a cafe with a beer tap round the corner towards the pistes called La Cremerie (I think), got quite busy with locals on Friday and Saturday when we were there. It does breakfast as well. Didn't go into town much in the evening when there but it's a 10 minute walk max.

Coppapan (which has a pizzeria underneath) has already been mentioned - if you don't want to eat out all the time, there's a butchers near the Only Ski hire shop that stays open to 8pm which serves hot food (lasagne, roast chicken). If you bung the butchers a euro or 2 for their Ibiza fund, they'll love you for it!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What's the L'altro like.. It was mentioned as a lively bar.. No idea where it is though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy