Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going solo.

Poster: A snowHead
Looking ahead to next winter so not rushed. I',m looking for recommendations of accommodation for solo skier. Not really bothered where in the Alps just want somewhere to stay for a week. Hopefully not in a cupboard under the stairs or next to the toilet. Half board preferred, not costing a kings ransom would be nice if that's possible.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
choose a decent ski area, then contact the local tourist board, see what they can offer. Alternatively, Singlesport.com, or fireandice.co.uk are a good option.
I believe Nielson also offers some solo deals
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you looked at the Bashes on here, search ‘snowEvents‘. snowHead

Or go to page one of this thread; ‘Forthcoming snowHeads Events’. Next years bashes aren’t up yet, but this years details will gives a good guide to what will happen next year. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@OwenM, Crystal cater for the solo skier - try a few searches on their site.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@OwenM Having done several solo trips myself (off to Zermatt on my own next week!) i can highly recommend Ice and Fire who are based in La Plagne. They have nice catered chalet's and do no single supplements in the quite months, i've stayed in a few of there chalets but the best ones are in Le Coches. You've got access to the whole of the Paradise ski area from there. its roughly about £400 for a week. Website here http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh that's really good,
Ice and fire,
Singlesport,
Nielson,
Crystal.
That gives me somewhere to start, thanks everyone.

@NeddySkiGoon, thanks for the suggestion but really not looking for groups, just not my thing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Le Ski have a single room in their Marmau chalet in La Tania. In two of their Courchevel 1650 chalets too (Le Bisolet, Golden Eagle).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OwenM wrote:
@NeddySkiGoon, thanks for the suggestion but really not looking for groups, just not my thing.
You're gonna love Singlesport, then rolling eyes

Never mind @NeddySkiGoon: U can lead a horse to water eh? But U can't make it ski Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you fancy Val d'Isere take a peep at YSEski. Chalet les Chardons has a number of single rooms (no supplement) and special deals on ski passes on dates in Jan & March. Fabulous food & GREAT wines!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Two years ago I did my own first solo trip but decided to book everything separately as package deals were coming out horrifically expensive for me and were mostly chalets (I like my own space too, @OwenM). I managed to find a one bed self catering room on lastminute.com in Morillion that wasn't too far from the lifts, booked flights, pass, transfers, etc... think it came out around £650 in total, I was quite pleased in the end. Made packed lunches for day time when I was there and even found some microwave meals for my tiny TINY kitchenette area Laughing Honestly, had a great time but got a bit lonely on the slopes, hence why I've recently registered on the forum after lurking for ages!

As another tip, I looked into doing Bansko, Bulgaria yesterday and the accommodation is dirt cheap! £199 for 7 days self catering and lift pass for 6 days was around £180.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@brownbown, There's a reason why Bansko is cheap I'm afraid https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=151724&highlight=
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
robert95 wrote:
@brownbown, There's a reason why Bansko is cheap I'm afraid https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=151724&highlight=

Whoa, sod that!

A shame, a friend of mine just got back and recommended it but long tedious lift queues are a no for me.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@OwenM, http://chaleteterlou.com/ in Tignes. I stayed here in November 2017 when I was on my own. Nice chalet in good location. Guys who owns it also a ski instructor and nice guy.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've done loads of solo trips over the years; off to Saas Fee for a last blast in April as a solo! I have found hotels in Austria, Italy and Switzerland offer the most affordable single rooms. Tourist office websites or a hotel booker website are good places to start. I have B&B in Saas Fee for £195 for four nights. Flights with Swiss cost £125 (LHR-GVA). The problem can be transfer as I don't want to hire a car for just me, so I look for a resort with easy access by rail. Again Austria and Switzerland come out on top for this.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@brownbown, spending £380 on scummy accom and a liftpass that requires you to queue all week doesn't seem much of a bargain against £480 on luxury accom and one of the most advanced lift systems in the world: eg. The EoSB
ski holidays
admin wrote:
@brownbown, spending £380 on scummy accom and a liftpass that requires you to queue all week doesn't seem much of a bargain against £480 on luxury accom and one of the most advanced lift systems in the world: eg. The EoSB

Oh my god, I'm new to the forum and hadn't seen this, thank you!

Now... How do I convince my fiancé that this is a justifiable amount of money to spend when we are getting married in September? Laughing
snow report
Ahhhh, in that case the 'right' amount may be £960? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Bulgaria, went there just after the wall came down. Three course meal for four with wine etc £13. The skiing in the trees was ok but the pistes were a bit limited.

Thanks for the suggestion everyone, plenty to think about.
snow report
@OwenM, similarly, we were in Borovets about that time. The Lev was in freefall and halved in value over the course of the week. Prices in the tourist part of the town were changing 3 or 4 times a day to keep pace with the rate, but the local economy couldn't manage that way so relied on the fact that the holiday-makers couldn't speak Bulgarian and hence couldn't access 'local services'.
However the Mrs spoke Russian and a bit of Czech so we ended up in a local restaurant - a nondescript grey cube of a building that looked nothing like a hostelry. OK, the word above the door sounded like "Taverna" but as it was written in Cyrillic, who knew?

Anyway, we muddled through a full meal for 4 inc drinks and it all came to a total of 80p! Shocked

Tend to agree on the piste conditions though Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy