Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MONTALBERT to ARC 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi has anybody got info about how fast you can get from montalbert to Arc 2000 and as not skied les Arc is it worth the effort. Puzzled
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ntfarmer, Bienvenue a snowHeads! Very Happy snowHead

From on the ground experience, but the reverse of your route, i.e. Arc to Montalbert, I would suggest 2 hours + of blissful fast skiing. However, if your name were snowCrazy, I would reduce that time estimate by at least 15 minutes..... Toofy Grin

PS Depending on conditions, it is WELL worth the effort! A certain amount of Paradise awaits you! Par example - Aiguille Rouge down to Villaroger is about 7km of absolute pleasure, not to mention Bois de L'Ours, Combociere and Malgovert.......
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BERNARDC, Thanks for info.

Will look at ski map and work out a route.

Do you have to still book a place on Vanoise express as i think you had to at the start.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ntfarmer wrote:
Do you have to still book a place on Vanoise express as i think you had to at the start.

No need, just turn up at any time to ride the cable car.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ntfarmer, late season take care with snow cover on the lower parts of the link in Montchavin (LP side) and Peisey/Vallandry (LA side). The resorts will do their best to keep things open and useable but it might not be fast, enjoyable skiing at these points wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ntfarmer, When do you plan to be in La Plagne? (pun unintended)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bernardC, I have just returned (last week) so will not be back till next season.

Is snow holding up. when we were out in 1st week of aprill snow was great except at low level and in afternoon from plagne centre.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ntfarmer wrote:
Is snow holding up. when we were out in 1st week of aprill snow was great except at low level and in afternoon from plagne centre.

The snow has been excellent this week. Knee deep powder at the beginning of the week, and excellent on-piste conditions since then. The last couple of days will have taken their toll, however, because of warm temperatures and heavy rain to about 2,500m earlier today. There is still very good snow depth for this time of year, but lower slopes in particular are very icy first thing, then very heavy/slushy after 2pm. Can't complain though; after all, we're just a couple of weeks away from May!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ntfarmer, There are a couple of Montalbert regulars here, I suspect that they are out there at the moment and will answer your question on their return.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ntfarmer, Conditions hopefully will be a lot better when you get back to do this trip! I have been based in Bourg St. Maurice for most of the season & can honestly say that a BIG day, i.e. from one end of Paradiski to the other, in good conditions, is a joy to behold Very Happy snowHead You have plenty of time th plot & plan!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy