Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We have flights booked to Geneva for a late March long weekend and have provsionally booked an apartment in La Residence in La Clusaz. So usual questions;

Anyone know what that accomoation is like in reality compared to the websites description?
Will La Clusaz conditions be any good in late March (we previously did half-term there about 5 years ago)?
Which ski hire shops have lockers close to a lift?

Thanks

Paul
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Anyone know what that accomoation is like in reality compared to the websites description?

I always find tripadvisor the best place for accomodation reviews.

In terms of lockers, I know the lift station at Patinoire had lockers and so did most of the ski shops around there. That might not be your nearest lift station though but is where the ski school tends to go from.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had a great 4 dayer in La Clusaz at the beginning of the month. Can't help with your accomodation question or whether there'll be decent snow, but we used ski hire shop "la shuss" who were friendly, decent types and they have lockers at the bottom of the Beauregard Lift where the ski schools meet. Can recommend.

Shipjack
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@numbfoot, take a snorkel
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Clusaz is low, and snowfall has been below-average this year.

They manage the trails well, and have plenty of snowguns, so should be fine for a weekender.

Keep an eye on the webcams.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I made a 4 day trip to La Clusaz last year and a 4 day trip to Grand-Bornand a couple of weeks ago and on both trips, spent 1 day on the pistes at the other resort and definitely prefer GB. Someone in resort did mention to me the difference in aspect and altitude and suggested that GB tends to get the best of the snow, but others might disagree.

I definitely found the conditions / pistes much better there on both occasions and just liked the layout of the ski area better too.

I stayed at La Pointe Percée in GB and went with the half-board option which I felt was pretty good value, but there is a B&B option leaving you the freedom to eat elsewhere.

Stayed at Hotel Floralp in La Clusaz which is a short walk to the Beauregard lifts and because it was right next to the bus station (although this has since moved a little further out of town - only 5 minutes walk in my snowboard boots though). I think they do room only as well as catered options.

As far as transport is concerned, I can't speak more highly of Aravis shuttle though. For both of my trips, I was the only passenger, but no unpleasant surprises of drivers not turning up or anything like that.

The only have 8 seater vehicles, but a family had booked the whole minibus for a trip from Geneva after I left, and whilst the advertised price would be €320 (8 x 40) they appeared to have negotiated a buyout for €180. Pretty good value considering a taxi for 4 would be about that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big fan of La Clusaz.

Did a 3 dayer there last year. 1st flight out of Gatwick, landed 9am, picked up car hire and was in resort by 11am.

Good amount of pistes in varied sectors and a pleasant vibe in the village centre.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy