Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chair lift cover: down=wimp up=macho

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Not to mention it's much easier for humans to stay warm then cold

I would bet millions of pounds that more people have died of cold in ski resorts than from overheating.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@leggyblonde, and again, I'm sure there's 1000s of cases (or at least one for sure) of people dying on lifts from hypothermia Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fairly straight forward... majority rule. In the event of a tie or refusal there is always the "might makes right" option Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The non-english speaking millennial or ragged 'mountain goat' that lights up a cigarette normally gets their own way.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I do what my wife tells me!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
primoz wrote:
@leggyblonde, and again, I'm sure there's 1000s of cases (or at least one for sure) of people dying on lifts from hypothermia Wink

Have you never seen Frozen (the adult version before it got taken over for the kids)! A terrible choice between freezing or getting eaten by wolves!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or abducted by aliens (if you want to believe in movies)

I quite like the to be transported to an alien planet option. A lot more interesting than encountering wolves, which are just undomesticated dogs. Such lack of imagination.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...or giant ice spiders Skullie

http://youtube.com/v/tooc16OrWPk
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Dowb only if it's howling or snowing. And someone sticking his arm out won't stop me
Same here, if it's a dry day and the wind and snow isn't causing your face to be scraped off, then I leave it up, but if its windy and snowing , hell yes it comes down,. Leaving it up is almost like telling the dentist you don't want pain relief,
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
twoodwar wrote:
I do what my wife tells me!

Sounds like the sensible option Very Happy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ster wrote:
[Have you never seen Frozen (the adult version before it got taken over for the kids)! A terrible choice between freezing or getting eaten by wolves!

Does somehow managing through first few seconds of trailer count as seeing movie? If so, then yes, I saw it, and yes, I was 100% sure, we will come to this movie after my last comment about hypothermia on lifts Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
C'mon you all know better than this.

Bubble down or else zombie Nazis

http://youtube.com/v/PrAHR1ykM6c
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dave of the Marmottes, Haha, that and the sequel, great films!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Rabbie, the ONLY option Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
leggyblonde wrote:
Quote:

I would bet millions of pounds that more people have died of cold in ski resorts than from overheating.

Yeah, but what they are saying in here is that if you're cold it's your fault (yeah unless it's a child) therefore 'I'm not prepared to not enjoy the fresh air to help you out for the next 5 minutes'.
snow report
Gerry wrote:
leggyblonde wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, but what they are saying in here is that if you're cold it's your fault (yeah unless it's a child) therefore 'I'm not prepared to not enjoy the fresh air to help you out for the next 5 minutes'.

that seems like a very rude attitude to have. I'm not someone that needs the bubble closed for the most part but i certainly wouldnt stop anyone else from closing it... and if indeed the majority of people on the chair wanted it closed i certainly wouldnt allow the odd one out to stop it from closing...
snow conditions
Gerry wrote:

You do realize it goes exactly same the opposite way... yet again Wink Also the one who's cold, could help out the guy who's too warm for those 5 mins. Why someone (read: you) would need to be more important here and others (read: me) would always need to help that one out?
snow report
primoz wrote:
Gerry wrote:

You do realize it goes exactly same the opposite way... yet again Wink Also the one who's cold, could help out the guy who's too warm for those 5 mins. Why someone (read: you) would need to be more important here and others (read: me) would always need to help that one out?

As has been pointed out to you, the cold is more of a threat/discomfort than a bit of overheating. You might jump on a chair feeling hot but you'll generally (not in a heat inversion situation though) start to lose heat as you go up, whereas the cold person will just get colder. It's not about me but it IS about you, and people like you, being thoughtless, judgmental and selfish.

Are you always too hot?
snow report
Is this really a thing? If it’s very cold or snowing / raining put it down asking politely. If someone is hot they can undo their jacket for 5 mins. We have no covers in Chatel and lots of drags and wish we had them on occasion especially for the kids.
snow report
Ozboy wrote:
Is this really a thing?

Not in my experience.
snow conditions
Once did the last weekend of the season in Lech, was brilliant sunshine and very warm the whole time. A friend I was skiing with is terrified of heights so closed the bubble on every lift that had one, it was literally a sauna each time and completely out of order from a heat perspective. He didn't care because he was in a blind panic from start to finish on every lift though.

Nobody complained, perhaps they could smell the fear.

He's not been skiing since, waiting for all chairs to be replaced by drags apparently...
snow conditions
Gerry wrote:
As has been pointed out to you, the cold is more of a threat/discomfort than a bit of overheating. You might jump on a chair feeling hot but you'll generally (not in a heat inversion situation though) start to lose heat as you go up, whereas the cold person will just get colder. It's not about me but it IS about you, and people like you, being thoughtless, judgmental and selfish.
Are you always too hot?

Yeah I'm skiing not standing around, so you do sweat a bit when you ski. As to "it has been pointed out to you", no it really wasn't. Not to mention, it's wrong. If you are cold, and no you will never get to status of hypothermia in those few minutes on lift, you can easily warm up on top of the lift in few seconds. When sweating, and you start to heat up really badly with bubble down at 0c, it gets pretty uncomfortable with clothes getting wet (regardless how fancy and technologically advanced your first layer is). So contrary to what you say, I would rather be cold then hot.
As for being "thoughtless, judgmental and selfish" same goes the opposite way, as again, why do you think your way is the only right way and everyone should adapt to you otherwise they are "thoughtless, judgmental and selfish"? You are just as thoughtless, judgmental and selfish, if you can't understand someone else might like it other way then you do.
snow report
primoz wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Are you always too hot?

Yeah I'm skiing not standing around, so you do sweat a bit when you ski. As to "it has been pointed out to you", no it really wasn't. Not to mention, it's wrong. If you are cold, and no you will never get to status of hypothermia in those few minutes on lift, you can easily warm up on top of the lift in few seconds. When sweating, and you start to heat up really badly with bubble down at 0c, it gets pretty uncomfortable with clothes getting wet (regardless how fancy and technologically advanced your first layer is). So contrary to what you say, I would rather be cold then hot.
As for being "thoughtless, judgmental and selfish" same goes the opposite way, as again, why do you think your way is the only right way and everyone should adapt to you otherwise they are "thoughtless, judgmental and selfish"? You are just as thoughtless, judgmental and selfish, if you can't understand someone else might like it other way then you do.

I'm pretty easy, if someone is hot then fair enough, same if someone is cold. Sounds like you have a **** YOU! attitude though. I've got on chairs feeling a bit overheated but just vented the heat, secure in the knowledge that I would cool, rather than insisting that *I* must be experiencing maximum comfort instantly.
snow report
@primoz, I dont know if you are trolling or being an idiot but since humans migrated out of Africa, keeping warm has been much more important than staying cool. There are far more posts on here from people asking about warmer gloves/socks jackets etc than seeking colder skiwear...
FWIW I run hot and in these situations (or when in a gondola) I open up my jacket. It's easier to do that than ask the cold people to add an extra layer each lift rolling eyes
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
Ozboy wrote:
Is this really a thing?

Not in my experience.

In my experience people normally ask one way or the other but there have been a fair few occasions when some bombastic tw@t has insisted the cover stays up even in bad weather. It's always been a man and always English.
latest report
leggyblonde wrote:
@primoz, I dont know if you are trolling or being an idiot but since humans migrated out of Africa, keeping warm has been much more important than staying cool. There are far more posts on here from people asking about warmer gloves/socks jackets etc than seeking colder skiwear...
FWIW I run hot and in these situations (or when in a gondola) I open up my jacket. It's easier to do that than ask the cold people to add an extra layer each lift rolling eyes

It's obviously an issue and a sore point for him because he can't regulate his heat (fat bloke?).
snow report
Sure @Gerry, I'm probably fat bloke who never did or do any sport Wink Few guys here actually saw me and ski with me, so they can confirm how out of shape I am, right @Scarpa Very Happy Jokes aside, I'm a bit over 70kg and 181cm, with 20+ years of pro xc ski racing in past, and still do some 400-500h of sport activities in year (skiing, xc skiing, ski touring, trail and mountain running, mtb), so maybe not that fat or unfit as you might think Wink
And no I'm not trolling, I'm seriously sick of people trying to pull down damn bubble because they feel cold at 0c. If you are unable to dress appropriately, spend more time at bar and less time on lift. It's simple solution, and it won't hurt much if you make 5 runs instead of 6 during your ski day.
latest report
@primoz, No. The simplest solution is that you undo your jacket. It's no different to a gondola. Staying warm will also keep your heart-rate up which is better for EPO-thickened blood.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
leggyblonde wrote:
@primoz, No. The simplest solution is that you undo your jacket. It's no different to a gondola. Staying warm will also keep your heart-rate up which is better for EPO-thickened blood.

being considerate towards others is rarely the simplest solution for those of a certain mindset... im curious as to how @primoz thinks he could actually prevent the bubble from closing if the other people on the chair wanted it closed... lol
snow conditions
@leggyblonde, I don't think I was ever offensive to you, yet you have no problem being that against people who don't agree with you, and accusing of them of things you have absolutely no idea about. But it's cool with me, it just show what you really are.
@Valci it's easier then you think, but luckily I don't need to do it more then once or twice a season, as most of people where I mostly ski are not spoiled brats from across the channel with alcohol diluted blood that makes them cold (just a little throw back to blood comment above) Laughing
snow report
I once got on the Mont de la Chambre 6 man lift out of Les M with 3 French lads.

They asked, "Do you smoke?", I said, "Non". They said, "You do now!"

Pulled the cover down and lit up a massive joint... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Democracy in action snowHead
ski holidays
@primoz... honestly i have never really had this problem... perhaps thats just cause i dont really mind if others want to close it so much that i would remember. But if i was with my wife or other women or children especially and they wanted it down (because they were cold) and we had someone trying to prevent it they would probably end up with broken poles or worse if he/she was stupid enough to try and stop it with his/her arm...
snow conditions
@Valci, oh here we go again... another strong guy who will beat the hell out of everyone on ski place. Way to go man... or better yet, grow up, you should be old enough to know, that it's not really smartest thing trying to solve issues threatening to break hands. But you are probably super strong and nasty only here on forum, and in real life anything but that, right? Wink
latest report
@ primoz - threatening? hardly. Im just explaining what would happen due to the effect of the force... physics 101. i have no desire to be violent to anyone... all id be doing is pulling down on the cover. If someone decides to put their arm there, how is that my fault? I will give anyone fair warning that im pulling it down, hell, even explain politely why im doing it and ask politely for them to allow me to do it... but if someone chooses to act like a douchebag i will treat them as such. Thats on them, not on me. As to your last line...i dont think ive been nasty at all... perhaps you are being overly sensitive because you know yourself to be guilty of douchebag-like behavior? regardless, ive never had to do anything of the sort... perhaps its my forum strength that deters people... lol
snow conditions
Oh well... do whatever you want to do. As I said, I'm normally not having issues with people, as obviously all those "expert skiers, ready to break hands" here are rather "skiing" on forums then out in mountains, and I'm happy with this. Keep doing so, and we will all like it better this way Wink
PS: I don't consider myself being douchebag just because I have different opinion then you have. And again it's just as uncomfortable for me with bubble down, then it's for you with bubble up. But obviously it's too hard to understand that some people have different opinion and it's much easier to label them as douchebags. Fine with me, it's very unlikely we will ever meet anyway
ski holidays
when did i ever claim i was an expert skier? ... the level of skiing has nothing to do with the ride up. Sorry to disappoint though, ill be leaving for the slopes on Thursday...lol. And its not a matter of comfort for you or for me (as ive said i dont mind the cold personally)... its a matter of respecting what the majority wants and having some empathy towards people... thinking that your comfort is more important than potentially the other 5 people riding with you is douchebag like behavior though...
snow report
There's a saying: "if you meet one ars3hole in the morning, you've met an ars3hole. If you keep meeting ars3holes all day, then you might need to question who is the ars3hole". Lots of people here seem to be disagreeing with one persons 'opinion'. Laughing
ski holidays
I think the metaphorical cover should be pulled down on this thread and left down.
latest report
@primoz, I can confirm that you are now so out of condition that it takes you at least 20 seconds to vanish out of sight ahead of me when forest skiing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Thanks @Scarpa to confirm I'm fat, unfit guy, who due all the overweight is unable to control body heat generated drinking beer at bar and then getting lift down Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy