Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Burton Binding Warranty

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, hope this is the right place... I have a set of Burton bindings which are over 2 years old. Burton give a lifetime warranty on their base plates. So, the base plate has crumbled in the toe area and I get onto Burton. They tell me that piece which broke is the toeramp, not the base plate. Interesting as I always thought that the toeramp was a part of the base plate not some separate piece (like the high back). What do you guys think? Are they being straight with me or squirrelly? Thanks!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you talk to them directly, or via the dealer network? I had a high-back break on me, and had no luck getting a spare (free or paid for) via the dealer network/Burton help website. I eventually rang the EU head office in Austria (iirc) and they sent me a pair of replacement high backs for the Cartels no questions asked, free of charge.

Phone number was in Innsbruck. 0080028786613

Link to the thread I started last year...

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142327
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have always found Burton Innsbruck helpful & friendly.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been dealing with them in Innsbruck. They are friendly enough and the bindings are pretty old. I am OK if they are not covered (I no longer have proof of purchase either) but I am interested in the base plate vs toe ramp thing as I don't know whether to argue the point or not. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd say no, not part of the base plate as in its a separate casting, like a buckle or a high back. But as @Mr.Egg, I and pretty much anyone I know who have had issue with Burton kit, am surprised that they have not just sent you a pair of replacements.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Richard. You are right that it is a separate casting, so fair enough. Like you say though, it is disappointing as you really wouldn't expect it to break under normal use. Burton has slipped in my estimation so I won't be buying the brand again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can you post a photo? Is it the plastics that have broken up or the spongy rubber bits?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its the plastic. I'll try to post a photo or two:
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here we go...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/4000/Zazn39.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/8606/PHMe05.jpg
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How did you manage to break the two locating tabs off?

Not that it matters now .
I would assume you tried to adjust by levering or something..... the toe ramp while the binding was bolted down on the board ? ie.not removing the binding first or levering it too hard when the binding was off .

I would probably just epoxy the whole toe ramp back in place on a flat surface but if you cant adjust a toe ramp on a burton binding..... then using epoxy may be a bridge to far .

I too am surprised Innsbruck hasnt helped you out with a new set and would ring them again trying a different person.
You could also look for a damaged pair that are getting sold on but that could take time .

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 3-02-20 17:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've also had some free ICT captive nuts sent to me from Austria after I raised a ticket with their online system offering to pay for them. Great company.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know how it happened. It is actually my daughter's board and we were out riding, she went to put her foot in the binding and the toe piece just fell off. It is a new board and the bindings had only been mounted a few days before. I think they were ok then. So its a mystery. I am glad others rate the customer service so maybe I just got the wrong person on the wrong day. I don't think I am going to argue it as they are out of warranty and I don't have the receipt any more (bought them in Canada which probably doesn't help). I think epoxy would work but I would prefer not to do that with a binding (though I guess it is not a safety critical part really). Anyhow, I suspect my daughter is now eyeing up new bindings that match the colour of the board!!

Thanks for the replies. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weird. And I would expect more from Burton than the experience you've had. As a last roll of the dice, might be worth your while a cheeky Facebook or twitter post might coax them into action
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good idea. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tirol 164 - I just read your post properly. Didn’t see the barbed comment first time. I assume you were being funny rather than an back bottom. Thanks anyway.
latest report
Generally ..... I can't believe what is being sold, binding wise, these days ...... there's a lot of 'plastic' junk out there. The more 'top end', often 'lightweight', the worse they seem to be.

Specifically Burton ...... I had to 'mess' with a pair with a similar toe section as the OP's a few weeks ago ...... as an informal engineer I had misgivings about the construction and was struggling to see what loading considerations had been factored into the design.

I still ride old SPis ...... be surprising what people have in their attics and, apart from the rubbish older OE toe strap system which I consider 'consumables' and replace with the 'conversion' set up, they're pretty bulletproof, even now doing everything I want of them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy