Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on getting between Val-d'Isère (or Albertville) and Megève 2nd February

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking to get from Val-d'Isere to Megeve on Sunday 2nd February. The group I'm with in Val-d'Isere are going back to Geneva so I can either:

a) catch a lift back with them to Geneva and get an Alpy bus back out to Megeve (longest but cheapest option 4hr or 5 hours in total but 30EUR)
b) the transfer will detour via Megeve on the way back to Geneva for 100EUR extra (2hrs transfer in total)
c) transfer can drop me in Albertville / Ugine and I can sort my own transport up the mountain to Megeve (unknown cost)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Val+D'isere/Megeve/@45.7238183,6.4830551,9.63z/am=t/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x47890909fd5ffb93:0x408ab2ae4baa830!2m2!1d6.980226!2d45.448034!1m5!1m1!1s0x478be291604ea9d1:0x408ab2ae4ba9cb0!2m2!1d6.61775!2d45.856876

Will the D109 between Ugine and Flumet (and on to Megeve) definitely be open, as it looks like the main D1212 is closed at this time of year due to snow / rocks? As if not that scuppers my chance of Option B and C anyway.

For option C does anybody know of any service between Albertville and Megeve up the D109 that isn't a private taxi (approx 120EUR)?

Many thanks for any advice
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The D109 route only adds about 15 minutes to the time between Ugine and Flumet, I doubt you would persuade a transfer company to take that route though.

There are buses from Albertville and Ugine to Flumet, timetable is here. Think you would need to get a taxi from there to either Praz sur Arly or Megeve. There are buses between Praz and Megeve.

Think going into Geneva and back out is going to be easiest.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would be very surprised if a shared transfer to GVA would divert via Megeve for only 100EUR, and any other passengers would be very pissed off at the extra time it would take.
Far more sensible to go to GVA and back to Megeve from there - all the transfers run in and out of GVA, so routes other than that get expensive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobinS wrote:
I would be very surprised if a shared transfer to GVA would divert via Megeve for only 100EUR, and any other passengers would be very pissed off at the extra time it would take.
Far more sensible to go to GVA and back to Megeve from there - all the transfers run in and out of GVA, so routes other than that get expensive.

It's a private transfer and they have offered to go this route for 100EUR. Do you know how much longer it will take for them to go via Megeve rather than Annecy/ other route. Google maps suggests 20 mins more but I don't want to be a hassle for them if it's much longer than that.

Otherwise I've got a private taxi quote for 110 EUR from Albertville where they can drop me on the way to Geneva otherwise I can get that bus the other poster has suggested.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mit321, I would say that it is about 1 hour from Ugine to getting on the Autoroute in Sallanches or Passy, but I know the roads. If the transfer would normally go around the lake to Annecy then it isn't going to be taking a particularly fast route, a lot of it has a 50km/h speed limit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mit321, as already posted, it's not that much of a difference via Megeve or Annecy on those local roads.

Recent experience we were near Bourg st Maurice and had to collect a car over near Geneva and was cabbed via Ugine, Megeve etc to outskirts of Geneva, then drove back via Annecy. A little less altitude but not vastly different. It was second week in March, so winter season.

Guess if the worst comes to the worst and Megeve route was closed for some reason then you're only going to end up in Geneva, time loss but no disaster.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are regular buses from Albertville up to Flumet / Notre Dame de Bellecombe, then free ski bus from there to Megeve.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stevomcd, There are two buses a day from Albertville to Flumet on a Sunday. Megeve isn't linked to the Espace Diamant and there isn't a free ski bus between them.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No, I'd agree. No ski bus. Also, Flumet is on the road between Albertville and Megeve but ND d Bellecombe isn't - it's up the hill towards the Col de Saisies. Into and out of Gva sounds best. There are regular buses from Geneva to Megeve.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's on the Megeve website.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy