Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia - restaurant on slopes recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We would like to try various different things - pasta, gnocchi, pizza, meat etc. for lunch on the slopes (not a 2 hr sit down dinner!). Any recommendations in Cervinia?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chalet Etoile, but stay in the bar area - try their Pasta Etoile (well, really suggest you try the restaurant too, but that would be a proper sit down affair).
Lino's above the ice rink in town is fine for pizza.

Otherwise I'm out. Memorable lunches I've had in Cervinia tend to be more of the sit down, 2hrs type. Mind you, that's usually because it's blowing a gale and I don't want to go outside snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Chalet Etoile
Best mountain restaurant I've ever eaten in but they were LOOOONG
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to Cervinia in 2018 with a group of 6 and frequently lunched in a restaurant at the top of the plan maison cable car, I think it was called Tuktu. It was the larger of the two restaurants there that are not part of the cable car building. This was convenient for us as one of our party was doing ski school and would be brought back there at lunch time after his lessons. For that reason we didn't try too many other restaurants. The food was always good, especially the pizzas and plentiful selection of pasta, just as you would expect in Italy. The service was good and prices reasonable. They also gave 10% off on production of a crystal discount card.

We did have a bad lunch experience at the bottom of Valtournenche where all we could find was a toasted sandwich that tasted like plastic and bottles of power-aid to drink. This was at the bottom of the Valtournenche Gondola however there may have been more places to eat in the town.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chalet Etoile, in the restaurant. Slow down, take your time. Get on the first lift and the last, but have a good lunch. Bontadini, is also excellent -at the top of 2 chairs up from Chalet Etoile on piste6 I believe. We would ski over from Zermatt for either of these two and not suffer any drop in food quality from the best over there, that’s how good they are.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We love the Igloo restuaurant on piste 7 - which is also a really good piste. Really friendly and great food. But I agree with the others that Chalet Etoile is great too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Ventina - very Italian, great food and reasonable prices. It’s in a lovely sunny position at the junction of piste 35 and 36. We always stop for a bombardino (Italian egg-nog - trust me, tasted better than it sounds) when over from Zermatt. Avoid the toilets however ...........
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy