Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys or Austria....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you are flying mid week, you can often pick up very cheap (eg £25 return ex luggage) Ryanair flights to Grenoble. You would then probably do best to hire a car but you may be able to get a deal on a shared transfer through 1st lifts.com Tarentaise Transfers Noticeboard https://www.facebook.com/groups/850771538271311/ If you want good on piste skiing, I would favour going to La Tanya over VT, as it is likely to be less crowded and the Courchevel pistes are generally better groomed. It also a shorter drive from the airport and you are less likely to need chains. As mentioned above, the Ski Lodge is pretty lively and not too expensive https://www.facebook.com/publeskilodge/. AirBnB is probably a good place to look for cheap accommodation. Prices are often negotiable.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Handy Turnip wrote:
Also, if you do go to VT and evening drinking is important then try to base yourself in the right side of town. The bottom of town is very quiet and all the bars and clubs are on the same street at the top of town (the right side of the resort map essentially).

Val Thorens is actually quite compact, so even if you stay at the "bottom of town" you are only a 10 minute walk from anywhere else in town. There's also a decent Irish bar and several restaurants at the lower end of town.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have been to all three. Wouldn't return to any, but if I had to pick one it would be Val Thorens.

In order of preference:

1. Val Thorens - guaranteed good conditions, village is not hideous and has bit of atmosphere, bars, shops etc. Excellent base for the Three Valleys. Consider staying at the UCPA.
2. Mayrhofen - great apres, average skiing.
3. La Tania - too quiet for me, out of the way, feels disconnected. Would be ok for families I suppose, but I would sooner stay at one of the lower Courchevel villages.

Lots of places I would recommend over those three have already been mentioned:
- Chamonix
- St Anton
- Kitzbuhel
- Saalbach
- Grindelwald, Wengen, Murren
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mayrhofen: A suggestion for accommodation - not sure if they do 4 nights but worth a look as very handy for lifts. Nice, basic pension.

https://www.mayrhofen.at/en/accommodations/offers/details/unterkunft/pension-steiner-mayrhofen/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Robbo25,

Are you going for 3 nights, or 4?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitely worth considering Saalbach/Hinterglemm - great skiing and apres. I'd consider Meribel in the 3V, decent nightlife and access to Courchevel/VT for great skiing. Another option for me would be Morzine (TDS). I'd suggest Mayrhofen if you haven't been. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't stay in La Tania or even Courchevel (my experience is that the apres is limited, again fine for families or couples, but not 'lads'). VT is fine, but I think I've been too much, and I find Austria better value for money and apres, particularly Saalbach, but as someone else mentioned, it can be a challenge finding good value accommodation without booking a long way in advance.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy