Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accessing Les Houches via the Tramway in St G

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a combined train and ski ticket for Les Houches? If they are separate can you buy them at the train station in St Gervias? Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also interested in any replies. I think the Les Houches website says their pass includes the TMB, but what I cannot see is whether you can buy a day pass in St Gervais.

It would be quite a bit more expensive if you have to buy a TMB ticket first in order to get into the area (Cos de Voza or Bellevue) to buy a day pass.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't know but as the Les Houches pass (€10 cheaper than "Le Pass") includes the TMB and markets itself as covering the "Les Houches- St Gervais" area (which is technically true but no-one would know looking at a map), then I would expect that you can buy it at the TMB stations in Le Fayet or St G.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree, that is what I would hope, but does anyone know?

And does anyone know what local politics have prevented the two areas being combined on the same pass? After all they are about as connected as the two sides of Morzine (two gondolas plus bus vs. gondola bus and tramway, unless conditions allow skiing right down on one side only). And since you can't ski both places simultaneously it should cost little more on each pass.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@j b, they are combined on the same pass, Mont Blanc Unlimited.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have never ski'd LH as it was always a pain to get to from StG even thou it is so close & the cost of pass & TMB ticket made for a very expensive day out BUT this year I think (not 100% sure) they have changed it where the TMB up & back down is included in the lift pass which makes it far more appealing.
The guide of Chamonix ski company (or what ever they are called) took over the running of the EMB ski area a few years ago & rumours were rive about it all being connected up to LH & then on into Chamonix but I cant see it happening.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonny996, the Compagnie du Mont Blanc (nothing to do with no steenking guides) bought a majority stake in the Megeve area in 2015. A direct St G - LHs link has (like so many other such projects) has long been speculated on but I don't realistically see happening.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, yes that's true but at a price. For the average skier (6 day pass) it would be cheaper to buy 5 days Evasion Mont Blanc plus a separate one-day Les Houches - provided it can be bought in StG so that you are covered for the TMB up.

@Jonny996, it certainly seems that the TMB is owned (or at least operated) by the Chamonix lift pass company, not sure from Google about Evasion MB since the website gives a different set of initials for the operator.

But it may be local politics. It looks to me (@under a new name probably knows) that Les Houches is not on the basic Chamonix lift pass either. To an outsider it would seem to be a marketing benefit for there to be options that connect to each of the two rather than just the expensive MBU. Maybe it is just that Les Houches is a small commune that wants to protect its independence from its bigger neighbours.

And then there is Praz sur Arly that looks so easily linkable over to Rochebrune in Evasion MB. Obviously that is at a different level, it would need investment in new lifts and runs. But in marketing terms a total area exceeding Portes du Soleil might bring benefit to all the linked resorts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy