Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith Ski Academy spring/summer coaching tour

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pic: www.melodysky.com

Warren Smith and his Ski Academy team are running several ski coaching courses this spring and summer. Some of them will be based here in the UK. The courses are designed to build and develop skill and confidence, and to enable people to carve effectively and to ski moguls, steep slopes, and powder... Skiers from intermediate to experts, as well as instructors taking their exams and competitors needing performance training for competition (alpine racing, freestyle or freeride) are all catered for.

Venues and dates:
XSCAPE, MILTON KEYNES, UK - 4 May, 11 May, 18 May, 25 May
XSCAPE, CASTLEFORD, UK - 9 May, 16 May, 23 May, 30 May
SAAS-FEE, SWITZERLAND - 5-12 August, 12-19 August, 9-16 September, 16-23 September

For more info: www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thanks for this link. Has anyone tried one of these? They seem to be covering an awful lot in half a day!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, I was also wondering how good they are as I might be tempted. The cost for a half day at MK is OK but I wonder how some things (steeps, bumps) will be covered given that there aren't really any there and the run is only about 150m. Anyone tried this before I believe they have done it the last couple of years indoors too?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to one pm in 2004 and another in 2005 I think. They are pretty good value for getting some basic tips and hints on your personal skiing from some fine instructors, and also to get a taster of the Warren Smith experience, a flavour of his school of skiing. He's very friendly, approachable and enthusiastic - and of course an impressive skier! I think it's probably best to do as many of the afternoons in a series as poss as he covers different important basic elements of skiing on each, which appropriately combined and with practice can then be applied to real world skiing. The first time I went we concentrated on inside leg initiation and exercises as well as using the legs in unison and the O frame, and the second time it was about pivoting, jump turning and bracquage. I'll probably try to make a couple of them this time if I feel up to it. They certainly serve as a good advert for him and make you really want to do the real thing in Verbier/Saas Fee. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is anyone booked on the 9-16th Sept course in Saas-Fee?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sparkygirl, Sorry for the delay in responding.

Debs, my missus, is considering going out to Saas-Fee although it depends on her recovery from a double of spinal compression fractures suffering in March. Unfortunately she managed to slip over whilst dog walking last week & this seems to have undone quite a bit of the recent healing. She has to get a formal ok from the hospital/GP to re-activate her insurance cover so this means she can't commit at this stage. Unfortunately I've booked up all my holidays this year so I can't go.

We attended one of Warren's Saas-Fee weeks in 04 (& we've also done a week with him in Verbier) & they're well recommended. The Park Hotel is superb & it's like having two holidays in one with skiing up on the glacier to early pm & then summer holiday activities down in the valley in the afternoon.

As slik says, it's well worth doing some of the Tues afternoons at Castleford if you make it. I went last week & yesterday for a 'brush-up' & came away with some excellent exercises & tips. I'm away next week but I'm planning on doing the 30th May session. If you want any more info feel free to ask or PM me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy