Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passport requirement post Jan 31

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are you staying until 6th July? "Check your passport is valid for travel before you book your trip. Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you do not need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this."
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Withdrawal Agreement Act has received royal asset, so is now law.

Still needs approval from the EU next week (but that seems unlikely to be a problem).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gosh how unpredictable. Feel sorry for those who’ve been frightened into spending 170 quid unnecessarily. I’ve never bought the “project fear” nonsense from brexiteers but the scaremongering on this thread has been pretty impressive
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So just out of curiosity I visited the Gov.uk site to check its validity. My passport was issued in December 2014 & says it expires in Feb 2025.

The website, checked separately for travelling to both Switzerland & France, tells me that:

"Your passport is valid for travel to Europe until June 2024 (if the UK leaves the EU without a deal)"

Which is 10 years & 6 months from the date of issue.

As wills_h says, it all seems be down to whether or not both Governments will ratify the agreement in time. Which is probably going to happen, but this "to me, to you" between the Lords & the Commons is one of the great unknowns.

Good luck everybody!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cardweg wrote:
My passport was issued in December 2014

The website, checked separately for travelling to both Switzerland & France, tells me that:

"Your passport is valid for travel to Europe until June 2024 (if the UK leaves the EU without a deal)"

Isn't that 9 years and 6 months. if it was 10 years and 6 months it would be June 2025?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rob_Quads wrote:
cardweg wrote:
My passport was issued in December 2014

Isn't that 9 years and 6 months. if it was 10 years and 6 months it would be June 2025?

You're absolutely right Rob. I wasn't thinking straight. 9 years & 6 months from the date of issue so you have 6 months of remaining validity when you travel.
I guess what I was trying to illustrate is that it's the date of issue that's important, rather than the expiry date.
CW Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably spent more time and effort on this post. Seriously why not just re new? if..... but....what if....what happens if you are refused? the time and cost it will take to sort it out will far out weigh getting a new one now. For the sake of a few quid just do it. I think anyone who can afford a ski holiday can afford the price of a new passport. It's a no brainer!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickyJ wrote:
My passport technically expired in June - but that was with additional months added in as I renewed earlier last time. If I took the date of issue plus 10yrs it expired in Feb. We are going on holiday in mid Feb - decided it just wasn’t worth the risk of not renewing so I have renewed it already - it is only £7.50 per year and I am only loosing 6 months, £3.75

The added days credited because of renewing early definitely don’t count. It’s easy to get caught by that rule.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonathan Bell wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
My passport technically expired in June - but that was with additional months added in as I renewed earlier last time. If I took the date of issue plus 10yrs it expired in Feb. We are going on holiday in mid Feb - decided it just wasn’t worth the risk of not renewing so I have renewed it already - it is only £7.50 per year and I am only loosing 6 months, £3.75

The added days credited because of renewing early definitely don’t count. It’s easy to get caught by that rule.

Thanks - I still wasn’t sure if that was regardless of Brexit or tied up with a no deal scenario. It has all got too confusing and as a risk adverse person just went safest route and renewed in early December
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy