Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lots of Whitedots and other skis for sale. Dodgy?

Poster: A snowHead
Apologies to those who aren't on Facebook, but I thought this might be of interest to people. I've no idea if it's legit or not.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/415519891835358/permalink/2620217251365600/?sale_post_id=2620217251365600
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting. The Whitedots are at least 5 years old, he has some Storms in there as well, they went bust in 2014. Seller sounds kosher and bought as a job lot, so I'd guess sourced from a bankrupt stock sale of someone who went under a few years ago.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't actually see these without joining the group, but best guess is that @Val Desire is spot on.

There were some old/old stock Whitedots offered out by a receiver from a defunct London based web shop. Both we and Jon had a look at the pics but decided to pass due to the age and the fact many were defunct models.

No idea what the pricing is on the Facebook shop, but at the right money then maybe a bargain for anyone willing to take an old but unused ski. No warranty supported by us that's for sure, but then again no real reason they would 'fail'.

There were a few Preachers, and they're like hens teeth now. Only x factor I can see is: Where (and in what conditions) have these been stored for the last half a decade or more?
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

There's the pic. Registration is instant.

As to the 'right money' seller clearly doesn't know one end of a ski from the other, so it's pot luck.
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seller admits he is clueless about skis, was saying £100-£200 a set (up from a flat £100 when folks started taking an interest in the white dots.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I saw a couple of pairs of shortish Redeemers of the same vintage at Axamer Lizum this weekend. Fairly unusual, but I do see the odd one about.

@midgetbiker, I seem to remember declining a pair of those Directors in favour of the bag of chips which was the apparent value. Overpriced IMO, and I expect these are too Laughing
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anybody got a up to date link for the above?
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@WASHOUT, The admin of the group posted that he was asked to remove the add because the poster was swamped with questions, and hadn't realised how much interest he'd get. He will re-post a more detailed list soon.
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got some other pics of the skis that the stock clearance company sent me. Many of the skis are well old (circa 2009/10 Whitedots and Storm skis) with the newest Whitedots being 13/14 skis. The seller is clueless so it'll certainly be a case of buyer beware. There's some Preacher, Redeemer & One trad construction skis which would be good buys at £100-150 per pair depending their age. The old model Directors and Storms are only fit for building garden furniture.
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jon, why would the old directors be only fit 4 garden furniture ?
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
WASHOUT wrote:
Jon, why would the old directors be only fit 4 garden furniture ?

I would think what Jon is trying to impress on folks is that those gen1 Directors were superseded by the gen2 Director (which was a big step forward) and then again by this years Altum104 (which is a ski with improved firm snow performance). So they maybe haven't aged as gracefully as say the Preachers.
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
first gen Director is hands down the worst ski i've ever been on. It was just a Redeemer scaled down and really didn't work in soft snow or hard snow or much inbetween!
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
torquil wrote:
first gen Director is hands down the worst ski i've ever been on......

That's bang out of order - it was at least marginally better than a BBR Toofy Grin

torquil wrote:
......It was just a Redeemer scaled down and really didn't work in soft snow or hard snow or much inbetween!

Yep, spot on. Although being pretty soft it skied well for kids/lightweight ladies. The top sheet on the preproduction prototype was bright pink which looked great and was 10 years ahead of Black Crows.
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:
The old model Directors and Storms are only fit for building garden furniture.

So their value has increased? Shocked wink
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing
snow conditions     
@midgetbiker, @spyderjon, When did the gen2 Director come out?
ski holidays     
Chamcham wrote:

IIRC it was for the 13-14 season.
snow conditions     
spyderjon wrote:
Chamcham wrote:

Did they produce the trad Director 2 before the CL? Because mine are the first gen 2 Director CL, and they are 15/16.
ski holidays     
Scarlet wrote:
spyderjon wrote:
Chamcham wrote:

Did they produce the trad Director 2 before the CL? Because mine are the first gen 2 Director CL, and they are 15/16.

I think so but they keep their graphics for two seasons and there have been occasions when we've sold out of a model/length so have sold the new graphic early.

This is the first of the gen 2 trad Directors. The image is dated as '12 but I'm pretty sure the ski was launched in 13-14: EDIT 26.1.20:The image is actually the last topsheet design of the gen 1 Director. I've posted below the gen 2 trad.

And this was first CL Director which I think was 14-15:

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 26-01-20 15:38; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays     
@spyderjon, Thanks. So the one on the left is a gen2?
snow conditions     
Chamcham wrote:

Both of the images are of the gen 2 Director, the left is the trad version and the right is the CL version.

AFAIK, all of the Directors being offered in this Facebook ad are gen 1 skis.
snow conditions     
@spyderjon, Thanks. That makes my Directors the gen2. I think they were 2014. They are sooo much fun in soft snow Smile
snow conditions     
spyderjon wrote:
Chamcham wrote:

Both of the images are of the gen 2 Director, the left is the trad version and the right is the CL version.

AFAIK, all of the Directors being offered in this Facebook ad are gen 1 skis.

Sorry to contradict but the first image is of a gen1, if you look the tip and tail are more rounded the side cut less obvious. If you zoom in on the tail then the length ends with an 8 and there are 5 width measures given.
ski holidays     
@midgetbiker, you're spot on of course - I clicked on the wrong image Embarassed

@Chamcham, you have a gen 1, not the gen 2. I think is the first of the gen 2 trad's:

snow report     
@spyderjon, I still think they're great fun!
snow report     

ski holidays     
FWIW I loved the Gen 1 Directors, and did not get on at all with the Gen 2. The Gen 1's were so much fun to spin and jump around on (tried them at a FWT test in Verbier, on both piste and some limited offpiste). I was very much an intermediate skier at the time though (some could argue I still am NehNeh ).

I am rather enjoying my Altums this winter though (thanks @spyderjon) snowHead snowHead
ski holidays     
@Val Desire, Is that a list of your current quiver wink ? All quiver killered. naturally...
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Val Desire, pics of the movement zips?
ski holidays     
Chamcham wrote:
@Val Desire, Is that a list of your current quiver wink ? All quiver killered. naturally...
No! Doesn't include the CL Rags I picked up last week Toofy Grin Pleased to read you're fixed up, but sadly not returning to your nemesis

skimastaah wrote:
Follow Tom Doc's link, and search the seller's name. He's listing a load of stuff.
snow report     
The guy's maths is a bit suspect Happy
snow report     
In the end I might get a Preacher after all Smile
snow conditions     
mofo wrote:
In the end I might get a Preacher after all Smile

Pfff... the post is gone.
snow report     
If he's taking his time he's probably looking at chucking them on eBay at an unrealistic price......
snow report     
@Dave of the Marmottes, Now turned up on ebay with other "goodies"!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/missys-11/m.html?item=402062768491&hash=item5d9ccef96b%3Ag%3A%7EQMAAOSwj-5eNayT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Whitedot-Director-188mm-Rockered-All-mountain-Freestyle-Ski-Freeride-Ski/402062768491?hash=item5d9ccef96b:g:~QMAAOSwj-5eNayT
ski holidays     
They seam to be selling from this guy on ebay (different account from link above but pretty sure same guy)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402070417314
snow conditions     
@WASHOUT, Considering the age/vintage of the Whitedot skis being sold on ebay they are somewhat well over-priced IMHO. Toofy Grin
snow conditions     
@skimastaaah. This is what I find strange nobody has said unused skis (stored correctly) fails within a few years (8 years). Ski manufacturers cant reinvent the wheel every season so why does a old ski loose 80% of there value. What's wrong with picking up a set of brand new mk1 directors for £80 then quiver killer over a existing set of bindings (I know the mk1's are a marmite ski but I love mine)?

I can understand stay clear of old bindings for the safety side.

For the record I am not in the market for another set of whitedots I really need a more piste oriented ski.
ski holidays     
@WASHOUT, If you'd skied the mk1 Director, you would know that £80 is too much wink As discussed above, the Preachers and Redeemers might be worth something as they haven't really changed, but the Director improved considerable with the mk2.
snow conditions     
I have a set of mk1 & 2's!!!
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy