Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Restaurant for Birthday Meal? Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We're going to Val Thorens and staying near "Rond-Point des Pistes" / Le Rendez-Vous restaurant. There will be 6 of us and it's for my wife's birthday.

We are looking for either:

1. a restaurant to go to that we can finish the skiing day at. Have a big lunch and then start having fun - must be accessible to beginner skiers

or

2. a restaurant in the town for dinner

We don't want to go crazily expensive, would like something nice, but preferably relaxed. (cost wise Le Chalet de la Marine seems a bit too expensive)

Any thoughts are thoroughly appreciated.

Thanks
Ross
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A group of us had a nice evening meal last season in what I *think* was the Restaurant Le Tivoli behind the main centre commercial. It was pretty relaxed and not hugely expensive.

During the day, I was impressed by the restaurant in the Orelle sector, at the bottom of the two chair lifts. Ignore the self-service bit and go around the side to be seated in the à la carte section. Excellent food, surprisingly not expensive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much

Any other thoughts are also appreciated!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Au Petit Rendez-Vous was very nice a couple of years ago. It's in Reberty/Les Menuires, so not around the corner from Val Thorens proper, but it's almost on the pistes. Great food and excellent value. https://www.facebook.com/aupetitrendezvous/

Also, look up Clos Bernard. Even further away in Les Allues, but it's a lovely place - not on a road, but on a path in the forest. Value for money is not quite as good, but the setting is great. https://www.closbernard.com/en/contact-access/access-restaurant/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet wrote:
During the day, I was impressed by the restaurant in the Orelle sector, at the bottom of the two chair lifts. Ignore the self-service bit and go around the side to be seated in the à la carte section. Excellent food, surprisingly not expensive.

Chalet Chinal Donat - emphasis on *not* the self-service bit!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only been to this place in summer- but it's amazing in terms of location & ambience - a rustic old farm. Lovely for a birthday lunch.

https://www.maddogski.com/directory-listing/chez-pepe-nicolas/

Now open in winter too - since a bridge was built so that it can be accessed from the piste. The route was closed when we were there (early May one year) so I can't say how easy it is to reach for beginners...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unfortunately, that doesn't look very easy for beginners
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any recommendations for restaurants

- in Val Thorens town,

Or

- somewhere that's a short ski to the V.Thorens Apres Bars after lunch?

Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rossyl,

Our favourite 3 restaurants in Val Thorens are listed below. None will break the bank and all are very nice inside, with a lovely ambiance; and nice and relaxed.
1. Tango. Restaurant in a modern hotel. We ate there last weekend. Not a wide menu but our group had exceptional wood-fired pizzas and a lovely, home made burger n chips. The pizzas were about €13 each and the burger €19. We stayed for drinks after the meal and sat in the bar with its open fire. Very nice! Other menu items include chicken and chips, steaks and a couple of veggie items.
2. Le Chaudron Magique. Rustic, cosy interior, dimly lit with a snug feel. Wide range of meals including traditional Savoyarde dishes, like Tartiflette, plus pizzas, lasagne, steaks and burgers. Our friend said he had the best apple tart he has ever had! Mains (12 months ago) cost about €14/15 upwards.
3. La Grange - again rustic and traditional inside, but bigger and more spacious. A similar menu to 2. above but also with some very nice, unusual pasta dishes. I had a lovely pasta dish, with a mushroom and garlic sauce; and Mrs B had... Similar prices to 2. above (last season).

I think you will need to book a table, wherever you go.

Hopefully you will have a great day/evening!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks very much all

Any views on The Steak Club, on the apres bar street?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rossyl wrote:
Thanks very much all

Went a few years ago (5 or 6 i guess) and provided you like steaks (d'er) then I though it was great...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In town The Rendezvous on Rue De Soleil is nice - upmarket but not overly expensive. Le Vieux Chalet on Rue de Soleil is also good. Lots of raclette and tartiflette.
If the beginners can do a blues the Caribou at the midpoint on the Moraine lift has a great atmosphere. They have a barbeque booth that you can take for a special occasion. Chalet des Deux lacs is on the green run above the Cascades lift.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarlet, In all the years I’ve been skiing there I didn’t know it had anything other than the self-service bit.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rossyl wrote:

Not cheap, but I usually eat there once a week when in VT.
Also +1 to GaryC’s suggestion for the Caribou (for on-piste lunch) but you might need to book and for his suggestion of Le Vieux Chalet.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks so much guys.

We're staying by Le Rendez-Vous. BUT I wanted to do a...

Apres (Folie or 360)
Dinner
Continue Drinking (Rue Gebroulaz)
Malaysia.... possibly

But, unsure how to fit getting changed into "normal" clothes into the proceedings.

Unsure how far/how long it would take to go from the Folie/360 - Home (near Le Rendez-Vous) - then Rue Gebroulaz.

Sorry for the logistics questions, but hard to work out logistics having not previously been.

Thanks
ski holidays
The trick is not to change to normal clothes. Your plan to go back to RdV before Gebroulaz means you have to walk back up the hill from RdV to get to Gebroulaz. Stop at Gebroulaz for apres and then you can ski down the last bit to RdV when heading home.Folie to Rendezvous is about 1.5k.it can be a bit hairy for beginners.Its a blue that gets cut up by the end of the day.
snow report
So, bevay we are staying near Le Rendez-Vous, and because that run gets cut up....

don't go to the Folie for apres? Instead go to a bar on Gebroulaz?

Thank you
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy