Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

last week in March, dolomites or somewhere else?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
evening all,
I have had to just cancel 5 days in the Dollies due to a nasty health scare on saturday so couldnt fly out yesterday (all good now btw)
looking to rebook for the last week in March
I would very much like to go back to the Dollies or should be sack that idea and go somewhere else (not big fans of france but could be persauded) We were staying in Moena with a veiw to skiing Val di fassa, latemar and san pelligrino.
I have slushy snow and feb half last year was horrid (which is why i'm so upset to be missing the -10C and bluebirds right now)
any thoughts would be very welcome esp on views of eastern italy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you want unslushy snow in the European Alps in late-March, you need to be above 2000m.

Somewhere like Passo Fedaia, Cervinia, Val Thorens, etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personally, I wouldn't go to the Dollies after the 2nd week in March. I've done the 3rd week once and if was a slush-fest..

Go High my son, go high.....

=== edit ===

Just a thought - Arabba's north facing slopes might be Ok : Or ski AM, relax PM
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spring does often come early in the Dolomites, though you can often get fresh snow at altitude in early Spring, the valleys are often in a freeze-thaw cycle.

Arabba generally holds its snow the best on its N-facing slopes and Passo San Pellegrino is high, but I'd be tempted at this stage to choose somewhere even higher like Cervinia, or somewhere with good late season snow record in Austria, like Ischgl, Zurs, Obergurgl, Obertauern...which won't come cheap! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val Thorens would be my suggestion. You've got plenty of high altitude slopes and if the conditions are good, or even in the morning, there's a massive playground to explore.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zermatt is a bit like the Dollies in as much as it is picturesque with great mountain restaurants, it also has great height for later skiing holidays.
Doesn't come cheap though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What are your requirements in terms of area (small/large), skiing style (blues/steeps), budget, apres?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy