Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overnight on drive from Grand Massive for 8:30 Eurotunnel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

could you more experienced guys kindly recommend to me where is the best place for overnight (as cheap as possible) on the drive from Grand Massive for family of three (7 years daughter).
Plan is to do a few hours of skiing on Saturday then drive for a bit, overnight and catch the Eurotunnel train on 8:30.

Somewhere around Reims ????

Thanks

matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd try to get closer to Calais, as you'll need to check in well before 8.30. Arras is about an hour from the tunnel and we have used the 'B&B hotel' there in the past. It's a chain with relatively low prices but decent standards, including access to a microwave in the 'reception' area (take your own utensils and plates!). Useful if you want to minimise lost time, since you can just take your own food to have when you arrive, although there are nearby restaurants.

We usually assume a total of 7.5 hours Les Carroz to Calais, but we don't stop except to swap drivers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MontyMM, definitely need to be further north than Reims. You would need to leave the hotel at crack of sparrows.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
B&B hotel, Mister Bed, Premiere Classe (or if you can bear one without a private bathroom Formula 1). All typically a double with bunk bed over.

You’ll be checking in at 0730 if you want a better than 50% chance of catching the 0830 departure.

I’d say St Quentin which is about 1.5 hours drive. There is a B&B hotel there. No breakfast! That wastes half an hour. That would mean minimum 6 hours driving on the Saturday, assuming good conditions traffic and no stops.

Do you have a very long U.K. drive? 0830 from France has you on the M20 at 0815 UK time. I’d be going for a later crossing and a stop around Troyes/Reims
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How many of you in your group? If you're looking for a family room, try Sejours et Affaires Reims Clairmarais which have good family rooms and underground parking. It's a bit of a quirky place but great for an overnight stop, usually quite affordable through Booking.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy