Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End of Season - Where to Look For Deals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Son and mate on gap year, heading to Univ Sept 2020, looking to go boarding end of season (easter onwards?). Where to look for best deals? Been boarding with us so used to the slopes but 1st skiing holiday on their own, so to keep it simple, general ideas. Won't book for a while as they are 100% flexible and also worth keeping an eye on snow conditions just looking for best places to look for deals, been awhile since I've used a TO. TIA

Cheap.
Package, flights included?
Location not a huge issue
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@thefatcontroller, Eosb surely?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:
@thefatcontroller, Eosb surely?

I will consider it but I’m not sure you want 2 x 20 years idiots there
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@thefatcontroller, why not....as long as they put up with the 40 50 60 years idiots!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dadmin is usually able to put together kidult appartments for the student types to mutually look unable to boil an egg and get confused why pasta takes longer to cook at altitude together......
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends what you mean by end of season. Crystal stop about 2nd week in April, if not earlier.
Iglu ski will usually list more. (Think that they include all the Inghams ones - or you can just check there directly).
Other TOs might be available, but not much mid April onwards, I'd fear (could be wrong).
Depends which countries you fancy, also.
Or just get DIY flights, transfers and accommodation - I was looking at this, some good prices still around for flights and people were saying that accommodation should be easy enough to find at that time of year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Depends what you mean by end of season. Crystal mostly stop about 2nd week in April, if not earlier.
Iglu ski will usually list more. (Think that they include all the Inghams ones - or you can just check there directly - not usually the cheapest though).
Other TOs might be available, but not much mid April onwards, I'd fear (could be wrong).
Depends which countries you fancy, also. (Mayrhofen area is often cheapest at that time via Crystal, I have usually found, and of course pretty good area for late snow.)
Or just get DIY flights, transfers and accommodation - I was looking at this, some good prices still around for flights and people were saying that accommodation should be easy enough to find at that time of year. (But just reread yous post, maybe not the best option.)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Simple: London Eurostar direct to Bourg St Maurice + hotel

Cheap: London coach (https://www.snowexpress.co.uk/) to Cluses, shuttle to Morzine/Prodains, s/c studio apt in Avoriaz (snowboard capital) via Maeva.fr
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
crosbie wrote:
Simple: London Eurostar direct to Bourg St Maurice + hotel

Cheap: London coach (https://www.snowexpress.co.uk/) to Cluses, shuttle to Morzine/Prodains, s/c studio apt in Avoriaz (snowboard capital) via Maeva.fr

Cool thanks, will check out and looks more their thing. Crystal etc as TO's will check too.

Easter is 12th April so assuming 100% of TO's will be open for 11-18th April with 18-25th most likely last week of season?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The last departure for Alpine Elements is the 19th April.

I'd book very late if I were them and they should be able to get something in the £400 mark if not cheaper - probably cheaper than going independent.

I was in La Plagne once from the 10th April and skiing was OK - a bit slushy in certain areas in the afternoon but it was glorious weather and the sun was very strong.

(it was the week of the ash cloud and we had a 24 hour coach trip home - made me really appreciate tour operators!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Easter is 12th April so assuming 100% of TO's will be open for 11-18th April with 18-25th most likely last week of season?

Unless they're more into getting a tan than boarding, I'd go for the 11-18th.

It used to be the case that the last week was a bargain cheapo, but in recent years it seems to have become a premium week like xmas, perhaps because it attracts the glitterati/laissez-faire skiers who care more for the ambience than snow quality.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
e17phil wrote:
The last departure for Alpine Elements is the 19th April.

I'd book very late if I were them and they should be able to get something in the £400 mark if not cheaper - probably cheaper than going independent.

I was in La Plagne once from the 10th April and skiing was OK - a bit slushy in certain areas in the afternoon but it was glorious weather and the sun was very strong.

(it was the week of the ash cloud and we had a 24 hour coach trip home - made me really appreciate tour operators!)

Thanks, have sent him the website and yes it would be last minute. Cheers
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
crosbie wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

Unless they're more into getting a tan than boarding, I'd go for the 11-18th.

It used to be the case that the last week was a bargain cheapo, but in recent years it seems to have become a premium week like xmas, perhaps because it attracts the glitterati/laissez-faire skiers who care more for the ambience than snow quality.

You would be surprised how much better slush is on a board than skis, we struggled with boarding till we went out one afternoon in heavy wet spring snow. 11th - 18th will be peakish as schools are back 20th.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thefatcontroller, less weight per square inch perhaps? Or is it the fact there are half as many edges causing drag?

But, yeah, plenty of wax, and you find out why it's called 'hero snow'.

My favourite end-of-season 'wet run' in Avoriaz is Crot which runs between the Prodains cable car termini.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy