Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ecovia car hire at Malpensa?

Poster: A snowHead
Ecovia are looking cheap for car hire at MXP.
Any one used them?
I try to use one of the big names, but at a third the price, they are very tempting?
Any others worth a try
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used smile rent last month, all done via an app. Unlocking car, taking photos etc.
No human interaction at all, I'd recommend if the price is right.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wheres the office? On or off terminal makes a big difference I think.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like the idea of smile rent - I’ll look at that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@OTS, which terminal are you flying into, T2 (EasyJet) only have the big boys, but there is a free shuttle every 15 mins to T1. We’re T2 but getting the shuttle to T1 as I couldn’t get a 4x4 with winters at T2.
Whoever you use read the thread about hire cars and take pictures/video on collection and return, plus get the excess waiver here before you go, it’s significantly cheaper.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, we’ve rented plenty of times from T2 (usually budget) and off site (Centauro). This time we have the option to use the centre at T1 and I’ve never heard of ecovia before. I suspect I’ll stick with budget.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've used Ecovia out of Brindisi. No problems whatsoever. The car wasn't the newest, but it did the job. Also no long queues at pick up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used EcoVia from BGY
Bit of a hard sell to take their insurance and to purchase their deisel anti freeze additive

We declined above

Car was in good condition and newish
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@OTS, I’m expecting bigger ques at the hire desk at T1 compared to T2
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We used Firefly last year which are in T2 with no problems and reasonable price , they share the desk with one of the main companys i think Europacar but i cant remember?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@wasley, It's Hertz that Firefly are the same as, used them in the past as well with no problems.
One thing I did notice at the Hertz desk recently is that the cross border fee was €135 with Firefly and €15 with Hertz, could make a cheap car rental a lot more expensive.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks, I’ll have a look at firefly too.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alasdair.graham wrote:
@wasley, It's Hertz that Firefly are the same as, used them in the past as well with no problems.
One thing I did notice at the Hertz desk recently is that the cross border fee was €135 with Firefly and €15 with Hertz, could make a cheap car rental a lot more expensive.

Not an issue if going from MXP to Cervina ??
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FF low cost arm of Hertz, Caveat Emptor
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@wasley, No but didn't see OP was going to Cervinia
snow report
alasdair.graham wrote:
@wasley, No but didn't see OP was going to Cervinia

Correct ....Ive been reading to many Cervina threads...Ive got cervina on the brain
snow conditions
ski holidays
Madonna di Campiglia in Feb, back to Cervinia in April
snow report
I've used Locauto out of Venice & Turin, good cars and service both times.

I'm trying SicilyByCar this year, only £48 for 6 days on a Compact, they have good reviews on the broker sites.

The cheapest deals are usually in a parking lot a shuttle bus away and not by the terminal.

As others have said, they must be an older fleet and some hard sell on the extras if they're a third of the price...but if you don't mind something a couple of years old and you've got your own excess insurance??

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 4-01-20 20:55; edited 2 times in total
snow report
geoffknight wrote:
@OTS, I’m expecting bigger ques at the hire desk at T1 compared to T2

T1 can be a nightmare, just not enough staff to cope with demand and not enough space in the car park on return.

A ticketing system was in operation when I rented from Thrifty, though nobody pointed it out.

The Hertz girls wouldn't entertain me even though it's the the same company and the other end of the same long desk and I ended up with a Hertz-branded vehicle anyway!!

Return back to the multi-storey car park was a nightmare, not one space on the entire level, except a cleaning bay. I got shouted at by one of the female operatives and told to move. She looked a bit surprised when I told her calmly in Italian that I had done two circuits of the car park and couldn't find a single space. They quickly moved a car to make room for me!

Typical Italian chaos, but it works in the end after a few voices are raised!! Laughing
snow conditions
luigi wrote:
I've used Locauto out of Venice & Turin, good cars and service both times.

I'm trying SicilyByCar this year, only £48 for 6 days on a Compact, they have good reviews on the broker sites.

The cheapest deals are usually in a parking lot a shuttle bus away and not by the terminal.

As others have said, they must be an older fleet and some hard sell on the extras if they're a third of the price...but if you don't mind something a couple of years old and you've got your own excess insurance??

@luigi I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to go with them they have a horrendous rep on trip advisor and there are always massive queues at their desks anytime I've been picking up Skullie
ski holidays
Just to update this, I’ve booked with firefly out of T2
snow report
They were off terminal a few years ago so minibus comes to get you, make sure you have the address in your phone for returning if it still is.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy