Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Residence Club mmv Le Hameau des Airelles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.
We are staying at Residence Club mmv Le Hameau des Airelles in Montgenevre Feb half term and would appreciate any feedback on the apartments, especially as the latest reviews are not good to say the least. In particular I am keen to establish which apartment block might be in the best condition (I think some are older than others) and which is easiest for ski in/out access.

Thank you in advance for any feedback
Ross
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is several years since I stayed in those apartments so I can not give up to date information on the state of the decoration etc. However I can tell you that the newer part is on the western side next to the drag lift which runs between Chalet des Dolines and Le Hameau des Airelles. If you stay on that side, to start skiing you take the drag lift then ski down to the gondola up that and you will be on the piste down to the Tremplin lift.

If you stay on the other side of Le Hameau you can walk across the road and put your skis on and you will be on the run down to the Tremplin without having to take the drag lift and gondola. Although you can walk a few paces round the building wherever you are staying and choose your starting point.

To ski back to either part of the residence you would need to take the Serre Thibaud lift up and ski down from there.

We found the Hameau ok when we last went. I remember the ski lockers being a bit basic and the jacuzzis near the pool were not sufficient for the number of guests. However there is another spa within the building which I think had a further jacuzzi and steam room and was much better. We arranged early access to our apartment which is worth doing to use the free afternoon's skiing on the preceding day to the start of a six day lift pass.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed there two years ago - family of five. It was a bit more basic than previous accommodation we have used - bit of wear and tear in the decor in apartments and in reception. Reception hours are limited (might be different at half term) and therefore was busy on check in.
If you aren’t happy with your apartment it is worth asking for a change - first apartment we got stank of smoke but they quickly moved us.
On the plus side the outdoor pool is great and we found it brilliant value for money.
We stayed in the block above the reception and it was ski in and ski out to access one of the pistes -
Literally had to walk a few steps across a road. However the main ski area with ski school is the other side of the valley so you would have to walk or bus it (bus would take 5 mins and stops right outside door)
Shop very close and 5 /10 min walk to restaurants and bars
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you Cosmojo and snowymum for your replies, really helpful and so much appreciated. I will look to stay on the west side for hopefully the less worn apartments along with Ski in/out. I think this block might be called the Ancolie. Does anyone have any experience of staying in this block please?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve just looked at the booking.com reviews and it looks really good. I’ve been very happy in places with far worse reviews and scores than those. I really wouldn’t worry. Get there and if you aren’t happy, ask to move. It’s a great resort and I’m sure you will have a lovely time. If you like swimming and your hotel facilities aren’t all that then Durancia is excellent. I know it’s extra but well worth it for a couple of hours.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed in a Club MMV, in Val Thorens a few weeks ago, and it was very good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy