Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia local lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Does anyone have a map which clearly shows the runs and lifts that are included in the Cervinia local lift pass? I am a relatively new skier and don't want to accidentally ski down the Zermatt side and not be able to get back so a clear cut of which runs I can go down would be great.

Also, is it easy enough to ski over to Pila/Courmayer from Cervinia? How do you get over there?

Any information about Cervinia pistes would be great, as a new skier I prefer to have too much information than not enough before I go to any resort. Are there any areas I should watch out for?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@claire4383, welcome to snow heads. You should be able to download the piste map easily online. If you look at this you will see that you can get to Plateau Rosa at 3480m and also Theodulpass at 3301m. You can actually ski in Switzerland from Plateau Rosa to Theodulpass , but must remember to stick to the left of the piste and look out for the signs to Italy! At least you will then have skied in 2 countries on the same day.
It is not easy to get to Pila or Courmayeur If I were you I would buy the International pass, and ski a little in Switzerland. You need to be fine on reds to do this though. It is a long road journey to Courmayeur and not worth thinking about imo. As a relatively new skier you will have far more than you can handle in Cervinia.
Enjoy it’s a great cruising resort, and have lunch at Chalet Etoile at least once, and have the fish soup if you like fish, it’s superb. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah ok, good hint to stay on the left, these are the kind of things I love to know! and it's good to hear there will be clear signs for italy....makes me feel more comfortable that I won't just be relying on my map reading skills!

I think you're right - a long journey to Courmayer doesn't sound worth it at my level, I just saw on here that it was possible so thought i'd enquire.

Thanks for the lunch recommendation. Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did both Pila and Courmayer from Cervinia last week. Pila is drive of about a 1 hr 15 mins ( and c.£5 each way toll on the autoroute). Courmayer is a further 20 minutes and costs about £15 quid each way toll. Crystal usually do a coach excursion to Pila but it was cancelled last week due to lack of interest because the conditions in Cervinia were so good.
HTH,
Rod
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@claire4383, I’m sure you have your reasons for looking at going to Courmayeur, but with Zermatt over the hill I don’t really understand it unless the weather is appalling. Zermatt, allied with Cervinia is certainly in the top ten resorts in the world. My recommendation is to explore, unless wasting most of a skiing day on bus or car travel has some appeal.@tangler, I understand a lack of interest, it’s only worth doing if Cervinia is a wipeout, - that’s why the excursion I’d there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the responses, I doubt I'll go over to Courmayer tbh, was just looking into it as a possibility if conditions were bad elsewhere.
I've also read quite a bit about the pistes in Zermatt being for the more confident intermediates so again was just thinking about alternatives but I'd rather not spend the day travelling on the roads.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy