Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

From Avoriaz to Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,
I’ll be in Avoriaz and will stay at Résidence premium Pierre & Vacances L'Amara.
I will have to go down to Morzine for a boot fitter. How should I get there?
He told me to come to Super Morzine lift and he will pick me up from there..
So I need to know how to get there.. preferably without skiing because I want to go there on the first day, and I won’t have a ski pass yet..
Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quick version - Cable car down to Prodains, free bus from Prodains to Morzine centre, short walk to the Super Morzine lift.
You'll need a single trip ticket down to Prodains though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Prodains Express lift down to Les Prodains, then bus to Morzine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TheGingerPrince wrote:
Quick version - Cable car down to Prodains, free bus from Prodains to Morzine centre, short walk to the Super Morzine lift.
You'll need a single trip ticket down to Prodains though.

Zermattandchips wrote:
Prodains Express lift down to Les Prodains, then bus to Morzine.

It’s a ski lift? Or like gondola?
And when I’ll have a ski pass it will be included right? So I need a ticket only for the first day (the day I’ll be without a ski pass)

Thanks!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes and Yes. Its a big gondola (c. 40 person)

Once you have a valid skipass use it like any other lift.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DJL wrote:

Thanks!
Can you estimate how long it will take from my hotel down to Morzine?
Thanks again!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
if you get lucky with the timings, 20 mins.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've never done the bus to Morzine from Prodains but the gondola is only about 10 minutes if that. I would guess 15 minutes on the bus
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DJL wrote:
I've never done the bus to Morzine from Prodains but the gondola is only about 10 minutes if that. I would guess 15 minutes on the bus

Yeah, if the bus doesnt have to stop and pick up gaggles of ski school kids then about 15 mins. When its super busy its easier to take the bus back from Prodains rather than deal with the bottle necks and flat bits heading back to Super Morzine.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Prodains gondola has been upgraded:
https://www.myskistay.com/magazine/en-47-visit-prodain-3s-lift-in-avoriaz.html

What'll take the time is trudging through the snow from the Amara complex (at the top road entrance of Avoriaz above the Falaise area) all the way down to this cable car. A horse drawn sleigh will be tempting (and recommended).

I'd allow an hour from Amara to the base of the SuperMorzine cable car (if not getting sleigh). I'd also suspect it'd be best to advise the bootfitter that you'll be on the bus from Prodains, because you may find his shop is near to the Morzine bus stop you'll arrive at.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DJL wrote:

Havent they replaced it with a mutli car gondola?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@beny992, who's doing the bootfitting (i.e. where is the shop?)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
robs1 wrote:
Havent they replaced it with a mutli car gondola?

Yes. It's a lot more efficient. No waiting for gondola A/B to arrive.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@robs1, yes, but only a few cars taking 35 pax or so. It's quite nice. I prefer the new Flegere gondola, myself.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
@beny992, who's doing the bootfitting (i.e. where is the shop?)

I want to go to Jaimie from all mountain rental. Got a plenty of recommendations about him..
snow report
@beny992, he's an easy walk from either the bus stop from Prodains (I think there's still a stop "Mairie") or Super Morzine. Actually, if you don't have a lift pass the S-M route is out as you need to be skiing.

The walk routes round Avoriaz should have been cleared, so as long as you have decent grips on your snow boots you'll be fine walking to the Prodains cabins. I'd leave rather more than 25 mins though! If you get there early, AMR is also a fine coffee and / or cocktail shop wink
ski holidays
Given the OP is staying at the top of Avoriaz might it bit just be quicker to get a taxi down to Morzine?
ski holidays
marcellus wrote:
Given the OP is staying at the top of Avoriaz might it bit just be quicker to get a taxi down to Morzine?

What is the price of taxi and how can I order a taxi in Avoriaz?
Thanks!
snow conditions
And how can I get to Super Morzine lift from L’amara?
And how much time should it take?
Thanks
snow conditions
beny992 wrote:
marcellus wrote:

What is the price of taxi and how can I order a taxi in Avoriaz?
Thanks!

I'm not an Avoriaz super expert but when I was last there there seemed to always be Taxis at the "Baggage Drop/Turnaround" area whenever we went to the car, so either they use it to sit and wait or can be booked through the Office du Tourism?
snow report
@beny992, don’t go to the S-M lift. You need to ski. It’s two chairs skiing from each and a bubble to Morzine.

Walk to Prodains bubble. Take it down. Take bus to stop “Mairie”. Walk up hill to Beanies.

I’m guessing a taxi at least €50 each way.
snow conditions
Here's an old map of Avoriaz:

Amara is at the middle left of the map (not yet built).
The Prodains cable car (telepherique) is at the bottom middle of the map.
The red arrows indicate public elevators.

If you don't mind skiers whizzing right by you, the quickest route is via the Plateau piste under the chairlift of the same name.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 17-01-20 13:34; edited 2 times in total
snow report
A 5 hr Avoriaz ski pass will be cheaper than a Taxi, and from Amara its:
Ski down Proclou : 3 mins
Take Serrasaix Chair: 5 mins
Ski across and down Zorre : 4 Mins
Take Gondola Down : 6 mins
20 Mins at the most - and you get to ski, which I am guessing is why you've come here Smile
The 5 hr pass is €37.50 online or €33.00 on Saturdays for a whole day

Other options will take way longer:
Walk 15 min to Gare Superieur Prodains
6 mins down in Gondola
wait for bus 5-15 mins
bus to Morzine 10 mins
walk to SM base 10 mins
50 mins if it goes smoothly
This will just cost you a return on the Gondola €7.80(assuming you're going back up).
snow conditions
@WindOfChange, an appointment at a boot fitters implies that boots aren't quite ready to put on skis...

Another option is a skidoo to the SM cable.
snow report
10 bucks to hire some for 1/2 day, and normally you can only skidoo down Proclou in the evening after the lifts are closed.
ski holidays
WindOfChange wrote:
10 bucks to hire some for 1/2 day, and normally you can only skidoo down Proclou in the evening after the lifts are closed.

Point taken re the skidoo - 'twas just a thought.

The best thing would be to hire a snowboard+boots package in order to have a more comfortable walk around Morzine (with skiboots in ones rucksack).

The heliport is another option (we are talking Amara here, after all).
latest report
@crosbie, Like the snow boarding idea.
Like you say, the STOL altiport is helicopters only since the arm incident a couple of years back.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy