Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Contingency plan #104 - Lost Passport

Poster: A snowHead
Paul Mason, I rely on babelfish as I know it is 100% correct. 'La plume de ma tante est dans le jardin' means "the feather of my aunt is in the jardin"

Not sure why it has translated a french word into the same french word that doesn't exist in English, but who can possibly argue with it Confused
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paul pen = plume wink

Do you think I could get away with gorilla boday paint? It's just the full suit is probably going to be pretty bulky Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul Mason, a generation or two back five years of secondary school French left a fair proportion of students with knowledge of a single French phrase, which one had to learn by rote, "La plume de.... etc" ("My aunt's fountain pen is in the garden"). The equivalent in France for students of English was "My tailor is rich". Both expressions being utterly pointless and useless.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Paul Mason, a generation or two back five years of secondary school French left a fair proportion of students with knowledge of a single French phrase

"Ecoutez et Repetez" )(sp)?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And nowadays, it extends to, "Bon soir, je voudrais un bierre sil vous plait." What more do you need? ... rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Onze bierre?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, practise for next week: "Soixante bierres, s'il vous plait".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A relative of mine worked in one our countries most secret and militarily sensitive establishments (I can say no more). Anyway one day (after a bit of banter wih the chap that he shared the car journey with), for a joke he showed a 'Joe 90' Id from a comic as his Id when he went through the security check points on the way in. He didn't get stopped once! Not sure if in retropsect we thought it funny or just plain terrifying.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lorraine, Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lorraine, I know of a similar tale at a very sensitive site, in his case e used his brothers id, now that doesn't seem too bad till you realise there's a 10 year age difference and his brother clearly has red hair whilst he most definately does not. Still it got him past the armed guards !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A friend of ours skied all week in Sauze with his dog's pic as his lift pass photo
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG wrote:
Paul Mason, a generation or two back five years of secondary school French left a fair proportion of students with knowledge of a single French phrase, which one had to learn by rote, "La plume de.... etc" ("My aunt's fountain pen is in the garden"). The equivalent in France for students of English was "My tailor is rich". Both expressions being utterly pointless and useless.

you think that is bad... I spent 2 years of german learning to say things like "hands up" "hand over the money or I blow up your bank" etc... Shocked someone decided this was useful german for schoolgirls to learn! My best effort present day is to recite some rhyme about lazy people and tomorrow that cracks up all the old austrians I know....

at least in french i learnt to ask for chocolate frogs(got one if you could ask for it after reciting whatever you had to learn) and to translate recipes for cooking french onion soup and omelettes and to sing antiwar songs in french... (I think my teachers were a tad eccentric)....

oh and the most useful thing learnt in french? Why is a mousse(desert) and a moose(animal) and moss all sounding the same in french...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Talking of passports..hoping to be in alps first wk of May, returning on May 6. Passport runs out on May 10...is this gonna be a problem you think??? I'm going to Switzerland and travelling through Geneva airport. Any advice???
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jake, not sure about Switzerland, but I know some countries want you to have at least 6 months left on your passport before they let you in.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jake, officially France requires you to have at least 3 months left on your "identity card" at the end of your stay in their delightful country. Poland (also in the EU) requires 6 months. I only know this because I got away with it skiing but had to send my passport off a bit shrpish prior to a trip to Poland in May.....(not back yet Shocked )
snow report
This doesn't sound good...can you go to the passport office and get fixed up in a single day??
ski holidays
Jake, from what is written above, the answer would seem to be yes.
snow conditions
Jake, Yes, but if memory serves correctly, it's best to try and make an appontment and it costs more (I may be wrong though).
snow report
Jake, this may help...
http://www.passport.gov.uk/faqs/faq.asp?strAreaNo=321_13
latest report
as might this

Passports
Passport valid for three months after intended period of stay required by all except:
(a) 1. nationals of Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain and the UK holding a valid national identity card, providing not taking up employment and for stay up to three months;
snow report
Lorraine wrote:
A relative of mine worked in one our countries most secret and militarily sensitive establishments (I can say no more). Anyway one day (after a bit of banter wih the chap that he shared the car journey with), for a joke he showed a 'Joe 90' Id from a comic as his Id when he went through the security check points on the way in. He didn't get stopped once! Not sure if in retropsect we thought it funny or just plain terrifying.

I've known similar at a place where they make things that boom in a big way.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy