Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Demon Flame

Poster: A snowHead
I tried these today (possibly slightly long for me at 167), and found that they were very nice on the piste, good in the heavy slush at the end of the day, but I found them awkward in difficult and variable snow in the middle of the day. It was variable from icy, to porridge to crust to windpack to good .... (oh and very flat light, so I had no idea until I hit it) Shock

I felt that they were pushing me back and that I had to make an enormous effort to stay forward - felt like too much ski in front of my foot, rather like the head Monster 75. I did like them on piste though, but won't be trying to replace my Zags anytime soon. I also tried some soft but quite large bumps, and didn't find them quick or responsive in these either.

all in all a nice enough ski, pretty graphics, but not something I'd want to live with all the time. Rating 6/10
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, I wondered how you would get on snowHead . You may enjoy the Flame Pro more, its' supposed to be a bit stiffer, more towards expert level. I skied the Demon Flame at 159, and I'm 165 tall.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[rant]
This is just the sort of witless ski naming that really gets my goat! "Movement Demon Flame" - that's what you get after a particularly potent curry! Making us use it to describe skis is belittling and a victory for the marketeers.
[/rant]

Sorry to interrupt your most worthy thread, but I felt I needed to get that off my chest. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it's a bl00dy good name! I spend all my working hours talking about A400M, A380, A320, 737, AS907...the last thing I want to hear when talking about skis is numbers: B5, RC4, M11, B2, B3, B4...bring on Demon Flames, Karmas, Gladiators, Hot Rod Eliminators! Toofy Grin

I really fancy trying the Demon Flame at the EoSB...if they have it on test Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sharkymark,

many years ago i was told the following, not sure how true it is......the reason for many of the numbers used in ski names is due to copyright issues, when the manufacturers launch a product they need to use a name that has not been trademarked in any way in any country that the product is to be sold, in the seventies the Japs TM'ed pretty much everything to do with skiing so the numbers / letters thing is the result, many of the TMs are now lapsed so names are becoming more available
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ian Hopkinson, What ever is the matter Puzzled The company is called Movement, they are in Switzerland, and they make skis!!

Sharkymark, Get yourself a test on some Stormriders wink

BTW Movement Demon Flames are "more fat" next year than they are this wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowbunny, yes, they make skis not "Demon Flames" - Demons make Demon flames. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ian Hopkinson, It's the paint job, all deep red flames, pretty amazing to see.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowbunny, Well, there you are then - I'm 165 too and a tad over 9st, so quite light really (Kidding myself but....) I felt I might have been much happier about 5cms shorter.

Ian Hopkinson, I tend to be put off by "trendy" graphics and names, rather than the other way around - just too old I guess.

Got some Lacroix Pearl tomorrow - ladies ski, supposed to be very "comfortable" .. NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, When I tested some Stockli's last month, I ended up on 166 as they were the shortest Demo ski in the store. Fine, once I was in the turn, but a bit too much effort getting it started. Purchased the 158!. Bliss.
You are quite a bit lighter than me as well, though, the "comfortable ladies ski" sounds worrying Shocked Then again, ise took out some Lacroix this winter and wanted to test more, but they seem to get such little press exposure, and none at all over here, so hard to pre-judge (which is good) snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ian Hopkinson, you've not tried the Joysticks then? Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I want my skis to be called something hilariously macho. Bandit is ok, Stormrider a bit better, Hot Rod Top Fuel better still, but I'm waiting for the Volkl Inseminator to come out. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sharkymark,

If you find them at VT, let me know. I'll prefer the stiffer one based on Charlotte's comments.
I also think the B3 will be a must if conditions are that way inclined, ie, anything but hardpack
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT,
Quote:

I'll prefer the stiffer one based on Charlotte's comments.

If you mean the Flame Pro...you will need to say so Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny,

I will be aware that I'll want the pro version...thnaks. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
JT,
Quote:

I will be aware that I'll want the pro version...thnaks.

Well I know you are, and now Sharkymark, is too Laughing Laughing wink
latest report
JT, the pro might be a bit too stiff for me but I'll let you know whether I find the stiff one, the soft one or both stiff and soft...

Kramer, Volkl Inseminator TM being processed right now... Toofy Grin

CEM, I see, that makes a lot of sense. Although if the Japanese named skis similar to their naming of cars, I don't think there would be much of a problem with finding a decent name Very Happy (Rossignol Civic, Fischer Accord, K2 Corrola...)

snowbunny, I'll look for some Stormriders to test. I might even buy a pair just for the name wink
latest report
Sharkymark,
Quote:

snowbunny, I'll look for some Stormriders to test. I might even buy a pair just for the name

Cool Choose between the XL and the AT. The XL has a wood core and is stiffer to flex. If you are lighter in weight you may prefer the synthetic core AT. Go enjoy snowHead
snow report
snowbunny, I prefer wood wink I've got some foam cored Rossis at the mo and they're a bit skittery in crap snow...just not heavy enough to carve through it. Although I'm 6'2", I only weigh 11st 2lb but I'll try the XLs if I can get my hands on them.
snow conditions
Sharkymark,
Quote:

I'll try the XLs if I can get my hands on them

You are tall, and light. At around 10st 7lb including kit, the 166 AT was a little long for me (I'm 165cm tall). I purchased the 158cm. General consensus, on and off snowHead is that the XL is a heavy, powerful ski, if you are up for it, you will have a blast Cool Expect a daft grin inducing, amazing edge hold snowHead
snow report
Sharkymark,

I'll come and find you and we can compare notes...
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson:

Real name MELDREW ?? Twisted Evil
snow report
beeryletcher, yeah wink Well, you know, everyone has their weaknesses and ski names are one of mine, that and the contigency plan thing.
latest report
Sharkymark, Stormrider XL Very Happy snowHead Very Happy
latest report
...I have a feeling there maybe some competition for testing these Stormrider things snowHead

JT, I'll be the guy wrapped up in bandages with a silly grin on my face snowHead
latest report
Sharkymark,
Quote:

...I have a feeling there maybe some competition for testing these Stormrider things

You will have as much fun on the Movements, except that IMV, the edge hold is a little less solid. See what you think Toofy Grin
snow report
snowbunny, I'll try a Demon Flame on one foot and a Stormrider on the other wink
snow report
Sharkymark,
Quote:

snowbunny, I'll try a Demon Flame on one foot and a Stormrider on the other

OMG Shocked ...About the comment you made to JT, about being wrapped in bandages Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BernardC,

Of course...!!! point me to the shop
ski holidays
snowbunny, maybe not such a good idea after all then Laughing
latest report
On naming skis, I think Rossignol missed a trick. It's normal for germanic language GS skis to be named RS - for ReisenSlalom (I believe). Rossi could easily have aimed at the pink pound by producing a GS version of their near-ubiquitous all round skis, the RS-Bandit.

Sorry...
latest report
David Murdoch, bindings mounted with a pronounced rearwards bias by anychance? Laughing
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, There is a ski shop "near" Les Gets called "Gay Sports". Salomon SX90s anyone?
snow conditions
David Murdoch wrote:
FenlandSkier, There is a ski shop "near" Les Gets called "Gay Sports".

That'll be the snowboard shop then wink

Duck's and runs very fast Laughing
ski holidays
boredsurfin, ha ha, yes indeedy. As in, "If skiing was easy they'd call it snowboarding!"
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy