Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spot available for the Arabba Birthday Bash 16.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, due to medical reasons, I am unable to make the bash this year. I, like Jiiiim am in the Bellavista, again the place is available at a discount of £400. Looking at the snow reports, it looks like it will be an epic week!

Admin is aware, has said he will switch with someone suitable, so either contact myself, or Admin and grab a bargain. Here is the link to the Birthday Bash page. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=141773
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tankerdriver, Sorry you can't make it. Enjoyed the day with you last year. Hope it's not too serious and you get a trip this season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Erm, a discount of £400 would make the place virtually free. So I assume that by "the place is available at a discount of £400" you mean "the place is available at a discounted price of £400".

edit: I just spoke to @Tankerdriver and for clarity, he's offering a £50 discount on his place in a triple room in Belavista.
I'm also happy for someone taking this place to use that discount, toward a quad place in Belavista or a triple or quad place in Portavescovo if that's what you'd prefer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @Tankkerdriver, @admin,
Noob to the forum here but very interested to attend. Am an Aussie but moved the UK in March 2019 so this would be a great event to meet some fellow skiiers.
Just need to confirm a few other plans
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads @mahir123, snowHead

I think that's a very accurate assessment - no snowHead needs want for a skibuddy Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
Welcome to snowHeads @mahir123, snowHead

I think that's a very accurate assessment - no snowHead needs want for a skibuddy Wink

Thanks @admin

Will try to confirm asap.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mahir123, welcome to the Bash.

Just to flag up again..and to anyone else who might be thinking of snapping up one of the last few places.

About 18 of us are taking advantage of cheaper and/or more flights out on Fri 31 Jan.

Currently places in a shared taxi from Venice Marco Polo are available up the mountains. Also a couple of spaces in B&B accomm for 1 night.

The best part of this is you get an opportunity of an extra day sliding at the start.

A few are even adding another day skiing on at the end. I wish I had now!

I need to know if anyone wants accomm by 15 Jan latest, or booking will be cancelled. Transfers by close of play Tues 28 Jan. latest.
snowHead

PM me for details.
snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mahir123, and as noted in recent post by @Tazz2bme, a VERY cheap outbound flight available from her on Fri Jan 31, from Bristol.
As you seem to be based in Cardiff, that may be your closest airport for flight to Venice.
snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's a very cryptic post.
@PeakyB refers to this post by @Tazz2bme where she is offering an outbound flight from Bristol for the cost of the name-change.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Morning @admin, @Tankerdriver,
I would be interested in taking this place if still up for grabs.
I am happy to be as flexible as needs be re. rooming arrangements. If the Portavesco is ski in/out that appeals more but as my budget is pretty tight whichever option is cheapest.
I’m at work today after 2 so may not be able to reply after that, but then have two days off to hopefully put everything in place.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Broadsman2020, if anything, Bellavista is slightly closer to the end of the run.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle wrote:
@Broadsman2020, if anything, Bellavista is slightly closer to the end of the run.
Puzzled

By what measure?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@admin, on the walk (or ski, if there's lots of snow on the side of the road) from the snowcat garage down the hill to the hotel. Or am I hallucinating? To be fair, I've never actually been to the Bellavista, so maybe it's not where I thought it was.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi @admin, should I pm you to discuss further or will negotiations take place here?
snow report
I think you might be imagining things Laughing
The BV is a short walk up the hill on the road to Campolongo. It isn't far away (literally 5mins) and it's a pleasant enough walk given you do it in normal shoes - it wouldn't be so nice in ski boots - but it's definitely further from the slope than the PV.
I suppose you do get to the BV ski room at the PV first, it is about 15 feet closer than the door to the PV's own ski room.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 11-01-20 11:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Broadsman2020, add your phone number to your profile here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/phonenumbers.php?yusa=67675 and I'll give you a shout so we can talk the possibilities through.
ski holidays
@admin,
Quote:

I think you might be imagining things Laughing
The BV is a short walk up the hill on the road to Campolongo.

No, not imagining things, it simply isn't where I thought it was.
snow report
Hi @admin,
Confirming I’m in!
What do I need to do from here?
snow conditions
OK - that's @Tankerdriver's place filled, plus one more.
So there's now just the one place left for the Birthday Bash.
snow report
So... having taken @Tankerdriver's place and promising to make a bank transfer, it turns out @Broadsman2020 just wanted to sit on it to make sure nobody else could get it before he found out if he could get the time off. He couldn't, so he just dumped it on me Evil or Very Mad
Fortunately this sort of selfishness is rare from snowHeads - and he knows it too "I know it's not in the spirit of snowHeads but..."
Yes, well if you know that and you're doing it anyway Mad I've told him he is not welcome in future Twisted Evil

Anyway... while I have been left holding the baby (of Tankerdriver's place) I am also left holding the £50 discount he offered as a sweetener so I'm happy to pass that on to anyone who wants the place.
Due to @Broadsman2020's choice, the place is now in the Portavesacovo.
Further, due to some snowHeads being signed up as 'flexible', that place can be for a boy or a girl and in a shared triple or quad room.
Further still, some deft room juggling results in the possibility of 2 girls or 2 boys joining the Birthday Bash, if they're happy to go into a shared quad.
snow report
Hello @Admin - Newbie member here. A friend suggested trying to find a buddy on SnowHeads, rather than do a last minute solo week.

Anyways I would love to take up the spare space if still available please..... Triple Male preference, Quad if needs be. Noted it is Portavesacovo.

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
@accountant_monkey, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
OK, so if I give a triple spot, there's just the one place available whereas with quad places there'd be 2.
I've been chatting to someone this morning who seems likely to be coming but can't quite commit yet... he's gone off to try to get his ducks in a row.

If you jump in first, you get the discount but I'd prefer to give it as a quad place for now, to save squeezing him out while he's busy duck wrangling.
latest report
Super, thank you. Happy to commit now and transfer full payment. 3/4 room isn't an issue.
snow report
Head for the Birthday Bash thread and hit dem buttons then!
When you do, gimme a couple of mins to notice and I'll deduct the £50. Then you can get on and pay.
snow conditions
OK - done!
Laughing Not a bad result given you only registered to snowHeads 3hrs ago Laughing
ski holidays
You're in funds.

Cool
latest report
Agreed, a fantastic result. Super pleased!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You might entertain yourself further by filling in your profile (User Facilities (top left) => Personal Profile)
I need mob num, [so-called] 'real' name and a profile pic asap.
Most of the other stuff is useful at various times so it's worth adding.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy