Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - NTN ski boots and bindings set

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking for a decently priced second hand NTN telemark set.
I can also buy new, depending on price.

I'm looking for 30.5 boots, NTN bindings and skis (I'm 194cm, not really sure how long I need my skis to be, I'm an intermediate telemarker)

Please message me if any ideas

Thanks
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TheRimmers, Not sure how much luck you will have -- most secondhand stuff will be 75mm rather than NTN. For 30.5 boots you'll need a Large binding. I do have some skis mounted with Hammerheads (75mm rather than NTN) which are looking for a new home.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ski - thanks for your message. I am really looking for NTN and I appreciate that it will not be easy to source second hand, but thought worth a try. Would you have any recommendations of shops / websites to buy from by any chance? It does not seem to be as democratically sold as alpine or snowboards ! Thanks
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@TheRimmers, Yup -- I would not spend money on 75mm either. In the UK Ski Bartlett stock tele (Sally Bartlett is a telemark skier), as do Backcountry UK. Telemark Pyrenees are very good too, and offer advice in English. Tele is a small market, so you won't find it everywhere! For NTN, there are roughly 3 choices.. Rottefella (the first NTN Binding) -- sort of step-in, two versions Freeride (inbounds) and Freedom (touring). The major + with the Freeride is it mounts on plastic plate with two machine screws so very very easy to swap between skis. 22 Designs Outlaw has a true step-in and (IMV) skis much much better than the Rottys, and has a better tour mode. I have Outlaws and Freerides, and prefer the Outlaws. The last option (and most expensive) will be the Meidjo and 22D Lynx. These pair a Dynafit style pin-toepiece with an NTN second-heel attachment. They ski very very well, the Meidjo is used by the GB team in World Cup, but are somewhat more fiddly to put on and are the most expensive. If you are in the South East, we could meet at Hemel and have a shuffle together. Very Happy
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ski - thank you very much for sharing these insights. Invaluable for someone like me! I will definitely have a look at the mentioned websites and refs you listed. I've been telemarking for a few years now and I'm always frustrated with the rental gear I find in the stations (except once in Meribel I must say, where they had some very good NTN bindings and shoes in my size), so I may have to bite the bullet and just buy my own gear... Can I abuse your kindness and ask you what you recommend for skis - brands and size? I really have no clue because I have been renting all my life, so really been taking what I was given. I'm quite tall (6"4) and will generally ski downhill on the slopes and occasionally in the powder.

I have not ever been to Hemel, and have made no plans to, but if that changes I will definitely let you know!
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@TheRimmers, I think the binding/boot combo is the most important. I would go for something 85-90 underfoot. Do you have your own alpine skis -- if so, if you like them for alpine -- you'll probably love them for tele. I like quite a stiff ski, I have Volkl Mantras -- but these are a little wide for your suggested use, so possibly Kendos? I skied last year on K2 Pinnacles which were great in powder --- replaced this year by the Mindbender. I've seen people ski tele very well on every sort of ski so it's very difficult to make a recommendation. I would go a litle shorter than your alpine length --- my alpine touring skis (which get very little use) are 174, whilst my teles are 170. I'm 5'6" tall -- so my tele skis areabout the same height as me. Hope that helps...
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ski, yes thank you, that does help.
And no I do not have alpine skis. I have never owned any skis or boots in fact! At just over 40yo, maybe it's about time Smile
In the meantime, I have been trawling the internet and found something that seems like a very good solution for me, the Bishop skis and bindings. Based in Colorado, so will have a little extra cost to ship, but a lot of positive reviews and they seem designed to be versatile. I'm probably going for the Gonzo ski with the BMF3 bindings in 75mm rather than NTN as I initially wanted, as I will have more shoe options for my size! Their website is here in case anyone else wants to look into it.

https://bishopshreds.com/

Thank you very much for your input!
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TheRimmers, I'd give the guys at Telemark Pyrenees a ring wink And note you will pay VAT (20%) on anytthing imported from the US....
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also check out:

https://www.braemarmountainsports.com/
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have boots , skis and skins
6,3. 205 lbs. 30.5 Scarpa,
NTN on twin tip K2 178, plus skins
snow conditions     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Probably not of interest but as I am upgrading to ntn this year, have a pair of Garmont Synergy{75mm} in 30.5 rossignol scratch fs 180's with rottefella cable bindings that I am looking to move on!

Ps. I'm just 40, 6'3 and 105kg am going with crispi evo wc boots, Scott the Ski 180 and rottefella freerides!
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[b]@TheRimmers[/have boots , skis and skins
6,3. 205 lbs. 30.5 Scarpa,
NTN on twin tip
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi there. I have a pair of Rottefella NTN Freeride bindings for sale if you are interested and I can send you pictures. Cheers. Will
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi will,

Hopefully sent you a pm with my email for photos?

Cheers
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ski, not all the GB team are Meijio'd up. But they do get a discount. Almost all the GB team pay for skis / boots/ bindings / poles / helmets / back protectors / gloves / goggles / etc etc.
They do gt nice kit from Dare2B though. Thanks Dare2B.
ski holidays     
@ed123, Sorry did not mean to imply anything about sponsorship. I know telemark racing is very much pay as you go
latest report     
I cannot offer anything in terms of actual equipment, but my 2 cents: I'd avoid 75mm kit: I'm only an intermidiot on telemark, but found NTN to give me much more control and stability. Supposedly Meidjo and 22d are even better, but haven't had a chance to try.

I find the Rottefella Freedom slightly easier to get in, but it comes at a weight and touring function penalty compared to the Freeride.
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy