Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving down for Feb half term

Poster: A snowHead
terrygasson wrote:
Just to let you all know, the M20 is closed at jctn 9 for roadworks, so far a journey from hell. M4 and M25 has been knackered, this just tops it.
Was originally due on the 7:20 crossing, anyone’s guess at this rate. Stationary with about a mile to get off the m20!!!!

I appreciate its a bit late now, but I really recommend using Waze (or Google/Apple maps) as it has helped me avoid some horrendous queues on my daily commute (as well as curse my luck when I haven`t used it and got stuck)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitters wrote:
terrygasson wrote:
Just to let you all know, the M20 is closed at jctn 9 for roadworks, so far a journey from hell. M4 and M25 has been knackered, this just tops it.
Was originally due on the 7:20 crossing, anyone’s guess at this rate. Stationary with about a mile to get off the m20!!!!

I appreciate its a bit late now, but I really recommend using Waze (or Google/Apple maps) as it has helped me avoid some horrendous queues on my daily commute (as well as curse my luck when I haven`t used it and got stuck)

Yep, Waze is considerably better than my car's inbuilt satnav which is powered by TomTom. I run both side by side with a none driver looking at Waze if their are issues cos my phone doesn't have a holder etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spotted! snowHead sticker on a black E-class just before Eurotunnel turnoff 7:20 ish

Small queue for passports but only 5-10mins.

Next challenge - the nervous wait for the doofer to beep at the first peage...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bpirkle, same as us, there were about six of us in a convoy, fortunately only encountered one vehicle coming the other way. In a way it was strangely re-assuring others were going the same way.

Just having breakfast and leaving st Quentin soon
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First time driving to the Alps since my other half’s ACL five years ago...just realised that we’ve changed cars since then, and the new one doesn’t have a snowheads sticker! Must rectify that before the next trip wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
First failure - my 17yr old son has thrown his passport away. His room flooded (don’t ask) and a bag got wet. He threw the bag. It had his passport in.

Can’t get a child passport in less than a week! That’s one disappointed boy!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AndrewBailey wrote:
First failure - my 17yr old son has thrown his passport away. His room flooded (don’t ask) and a bag got wet. He threw the bag. It had his passport in.

Oh dear! And the scary thing is, I can just see my Andy (also 17) doing the same...followed a couple of months later by “but dad you should have made me check what was in the bag!”...

(And as for flooding — my Victoria started off the decade by flooding our entire house, by running a bath and then getting interested in instasnapbook and forgetting she ran the bath...)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like the SH invasion of France is under way - safe journey everyone and have a great week.

Although I have had my week's skin this season, I am very jealous! On the plus side I know I'll never have to do Feb half-term again now kids are older Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just arriving in France on the 8:20 crossing as booked. Good run on the M25 and M20 from SW London and smooth transit through immigration which seems slightly busier.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Leaving Cardiff this afternoon. Daughter came home last night from Bath with no passport, she’s on her way back to Bath this morning to retrieve said passport.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@AndrewBailey, is there room in the boot for him?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All the kit is organised just got to pack the car after having my holiday hair cut (makes all the difference to the quality of my skiing! Very Happy ) Leaving Devon at 1600hrs crossing the tunnel at 2200 and mooch down through the night to Samoens Grand Massif.
I’m sure there’ll be something teenager forgets and then remembers once we’ve departed but I’m going to try to let that flow over me and chill. Got a bonza picnic for the car, plenty of coffee and a few energy drinks.
See y’all on the flip side for some phat lit skiing as aforementioned teenager would say.
Happy holidays everyone safe travels and injury free skiing!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonesj, @Szymon, @AndrewBailey,
And they’re the first ones to demand we treat them like adults! Learn to make your bed first kids! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jirac18, might see you on the '303 snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We aren't driving (skiing) this year as house renovation takes priority, though usually we drive to Andorra and I look forward to the journey each time. I snuck in three days in PDS in Dec, and elder daughter will go with school to Switzerland in a week as she's been good and it was cheaper than I thought. So reading this wistfully.

Eldest is only 13 so no passport responsibilities yet, but OMG to read about your last minute discoveries!
ski holidays
AndrewBailey wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Another one to add to my checklist before we embark on all this on 4th April! 2 kids at Uni and one lives with Mum so no control over any of it!!!
snow report
On the m20 approaching the tunnel! Excited!
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
Yep M20 is closed most nights at the moment to remove the Brexit no deal lorry park provision, called Operation Brock - its another Brexit Bonus...

Nothing to do with Operation Brock. It's to with new junction at Ashford and the dumb motorway works at Maidstone. Brock was cleared a few weeks ago and only affected the London bound carriage way.

BTW all the speed cameras are on Embarassed Ashford section is 60mph, but Maidstone is 50. Don't be lured into keeping pace with foreign reg vehicles, although this could mean you have a lorry or van sitting on your backbottom.
latest report
jonathancarty wrote:
@jirac18, might see you on the '303 snowHead

Grey RR sport 59 plate driver big dude with amazing beard Laughing wave if you see us. I’m now officially excited for our holiday!
ski holidays
AndrewBailey wrote:

Sad How frustrating. Assume you have double checked you can't go to London and stand and wait. I thought one used to be able to do that?
snow report
Just finishing off at the office - hard to work when all I can think of is snow Very Happy

Just got to pack, make sure my teenage son packs, dog to kennels then load truck.

Eurotunnel for midday crossing tomorrow, down to Chalons sur Soane for overnight, then to Vaujany Sunday morning. Yes I know it can be done in one hit, but we're on holiday and I can't be ar$ed to rush.

Snow looking promising.

Hope you all have safe journeys and weeks and the snow gods bestow top ups and bluebird days snowHead
snow report
Car crammed with life, universe and everything... Except kids. Due to pick up at 3:20 and then hit the road straight to the tunnel.
snow report
@snowymum, you have to make an appointment...if it is possible for children (that i don't know)
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
We aren't driving (skiing) this year as house renovation takes priority, though usually we drive to Andorra and I look forward to the journey each time. I snuck in three days in PDS in Dec, and elder daughter will go with school to Switzerland in a week as she's been good and it was cheaper than I thought. So reading this wistfully.

Eldest is only 13 so no passport responsibilities yet, but OMG to read about your last minute discoveries!

Oh, I saw a Portuguese number plate the other dat in Andorra, cimpelte with skis on the roof and I wondered whether it might be you Razz
latest report
Feeling a bit more sorted. Car 3/4 packed. Almost finished work. Kids home, bite to eat, away to Portsmouth at 5 with the forecast now showing reasonable winds across the channel until the storm kicks in sat afternoon. Safe journey all.
snow conditions
Well guys and girls, have a safe journey all of you, best news is the snow has been wonderful in les contamines today, been in st G a month and it's not been the best conditions but must have had a good dump last night, even all the blacks were very easy today and it was quiet too but just finished for the day to avoid all the nut cases on there last run blasts. Have a great holiday everyone, more snow forecast monday
ski holidays
And we're off, boys came bounding out of school more or less on time and we're almost out to the m25, j7. A very stuffed silver Golf SV with a snowHead sticker - wave if you see us.

Bizarrely right near school spotted a disco with sk18bus reg, is that one of you lot on the road?!
snow report
Made a massive error. Mrs has a SUV 4x4, I’ve got a VW transporter. Originally going in my van but last week decided to change to her car for comfort, quieter driving etc. We’re all now completely squashed with bags and coats all around us. Absolute nightmare. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got onto the train. Off we go!

Kids had half day so managed a head start this time. M25 and M20 were fine.

Have a great trip everyone!
ski holidays
Waiting on the tarmac to board the 17:25 Dover to Calais. The wind is getting up! Will be a bit choppy.
snow report
If you're crossing from Portsmouth by ferry then make sure you take your travel sickness tablets. Swell is forecast to be between 2 and 5m overnight!
snow report
In the line to get onto the train, good trip so far, so on the earlier train.
snow report
Quick update - Kids can only get a passport using the 1 week fast track service. £147 paid for a Monday 8.45 appointment. If it comes by Weds we pay ££ for the evening EasyJet to Lyon and ££££ for a transfer to nearby or I drive down the mountain. Fingers crossed.

Have spent five hours looking for a passport so now need to *start* packing. Going to be a long night.
latest report
I’m kind of missing it after I don’t know how many years. Left work early as we have an office move. In years past it would have been train London to Shenfield, meet Mrs DJL who had collected the kids then tunnel and a few hours into France before a stop. Sadly I’ll be back in the office on Monday.

Stay safe all
latest report
Wellll we *should* have been on the earlier train... Ended up on the one we were booked on after all - looks like a boarding delay or something... Nvm... ALLEZ!
ski holidays
Got to Dijon Sud, left Bris at about 7:30. Very quiet roads so far, no issues other than one vomit stop after cutting the corner off through Basingstoke. All the restaurants in Dijon seem full (Valentine’s Day of course). Have fun!
snow conditions
ysb33r wrote:
Orange200 wrote:

Oh, I saw a Portuguese number plate the other dat in Andorra, cimpelte with skis on the roof and I wondered whether it might be you Razz

Don’t have a PT number plate, don’t put skis on the roof, and we’re not going this year; apart from that, hi!
ski holidays
Phase one complete arrived at tunnel. M25 was very slow around M23 junction added about 40 mins to journey but otherwise not too bad. Trains seem to be all running on time
latest report
Phase one complete arrived at tunnel. M25 was very slow around M23 junction added about 40 mins to journey but otherwise not too bad. Trains seem to be all running on time
snow report
Spoke too soon. Now at least half an hour delay departing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy