Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aspen/snowmass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gd day gents,

Hope everyone's Xmas went great

I'd like to have some tips for Aspen
We're a group of experienced skiers from Spain wanting wo explore the good poder of Colorado.

We defenetly want to go to Aspen, but we're a bit lost with the apartaments. Any recommendations??
Although our First choice is Aspen, we wouldn't say no to a good choice in Snowmass

thanks in advance!

regards
chefini
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When are you going?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

Preferably february
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stay in Snowmass. Better choices, and less expensive.

I've stayed at these 3 locations before.

No frills, with breakfast and a really nice Hot Tub. Very close to the slopes and village shops/restaurants.

https://pokolodi.com/

This place is ski in/ski out. Hot tub, and breakfast included. Lots of long time repeat business. Rooms are nothing special. Stayed here last year.

https://mountainchalet.com/

This place has big rooms, not quite ski in out but pretty close. Decent restaurant. Hot tub as well. Nicest of the three options.

https://www.destinationhotels.com/stonebridge-inn/hotel?utm_source=GoSnowmass&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=LodgingListing&utm_content=20160124

You won't need a car once there. You can take the free bus system to get between Snowmass/Aspen & Aspen Highlands. Aspen Highlands is a good smaller ski resort that doesn't get much mention but steep terrain, Highlands Bowl hike to terrain is phenomenal.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowmass has more lodging options. Aspen has better eating out and shopping options.

Just down the hill from "the Mall" in Snowmass, there're blocks and blocks of apartments to choose from. I believe reasonably priced. If your group are the type to buy grocery and cook, it's ideal. But restaurant options are somewhat limited in Snowmass. Aspen has a lot more options.

The skiing is good in Snowmass. But the best are at Highland. So you're going to be taking the bus over either from Aspen or from Snowmass. It's really how you want to "live" after the lift closes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
End of Feb before spring break is prime time for Aspen/Snowmass. Should be a good base, decent chance of fresh snow and typical low crowds.
I vote to stay in Aspen. The town is expensive but part of the experience I believe.
I agree that Highlands deserves a day at least. A great hill. Snowmass is good too but two lifts are needed to access the good stuff in Hanging Valley.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sbooker wrote:
The town is expensive but part of the experience I believe.

I can handle the expensive part. But I would caution about the "experience" part.

A lot of lodgings are some distance from the ski area. Long walk in ski boots or requires a bus ride, same to get into "town". Also a bit of a walk from the base to town as well. I just remember a good deal of walking. While my buddy walked all over the place in her telemark boots. I opted to carry a pair of walking boots to change into.

The advantage of staying in Aspen, if in a lodging walkable to town, is the ability to change/shower before going back out into the town afterwards, properly dressed for the evening. (yes, we did our share of bar crawl in one trip Embarassed )

So, be prepared for "the experience". (it's enjoyable and worth it though)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd say stay in Snowmass as it's the only hill approaching respectable size and hence a better option for more days. Highlands is great but quite limited if you are not up to the steep and often very bumpy runs either side of the ridge and the bowl hike a must at least once. I didn't really like Ajax - again not that big overall and busier being the only hill in town. Buttermilk obviously good for kids or learners.

Expensive is definitely the case - prices for bands or comedians are often in the $60 upwards bracket. Consequence of being a town where the lowest priced appts in the paper are over $3m.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone for your help!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy