Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valmorel ESF or private instructor?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, can anyone advise if it would be best to have our 5 and 6 year old beginners in an ESF lesson or with a private instructor in a small (5 person) class? We will be in Valmorel and the girls will have had three lessons on dry slopes before they go.
I’ve heard mixed reviews about ESF in general and am concerned that my girls would struggle in a large class, especially if most children are French. However, the bonus of a longer lesson with ESF is that my husband and I get an extra 30mins skiing!!
My youngest will be in the ESF Creche so it may be simplest to keep them all within the same ski school?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@alicc, we have found that private lessons with ESF were fine for our boys - they stayed together, so just two in the ‘class’ - but group lessons much less so. If they (ESF) offer private, perhaps that’s the better option? If the only benefit of the ESF group lessons is you getting an extra 30 minutes skiing, I’d say the negatives outweigh that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for coming back to me @montana. I have found a female instructor who works independently and takes groups of 5 children so that’s who I would go with if I don’t do ESF. The private ESF lessons are only 1hr 30mins so don’t want to have so little time!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In that case, I’d go with the non-ESF private lessons as ESF group lessons can be 12 or more kids, often French-centric. There are some great ESF instructors of course, but our experience of group lessons, wasn’t great. Good luck, hope they enjoy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi There,

I'm interested to find out about the independent Instructor that you found. We are going to Valmorel with our children but only for 3 days of skiing and ESF have said we have to booked for a weeks lessons or if not then we will need to take the risk and arrive and see if there is availability for 3 days from someone. could I ask how you found the independent ski instructor you mentioned @alicc ?

Thank you so much!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@alicc,
Go private if you can afford it, preferably with a Brit. (See Steve Angus' posts as as instructor) Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you so much @kenzie really appreciate it, I’ve sent a message to Steve!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy