Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wheelie holdall with boot pockets

Poster: A snowHead
Our nevica wheelie holdall got ripped in transit. It has the boot pockets at each end. I can't find a similar replacement. Any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have got this one

https://www.revelationlondon.com/monza-dlx-mega-decker-trolley-bag-navy

Not a dedicated boot section but splits into two sections so I can put boots and stuff suitable to go with boots in bottom and clothes in the top.

Edit to add: I am sure I didn’t pay that much for it!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ebay (for the same one)?

Or this one from Decathlon looks large, but don’t know about the pocket layout https://www.decathlon.co.uk/bag-for-4-skis-3-snow-900-id_8398284.html

Edit: thought you meant ski bag, not just holdall
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try this: https://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-lge-ski-holdall-01-920372#colcode=92037203
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Our nevica wheelie holdall got ripped in transit. It has the boot pockets at each end. I can't find a similar replacement. Any ideas?

I had the same one, replaced it with a 105 l trolley bag from Decathlon - like this but larger. Works a treat - sadly I think they only do the 70l variant now.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GreenDay wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

I had the same one, replaced it with a 105 l trolley bag from Decathlon - like this but larger. Works a treat - sadly I think they only do the 70l variant now.

they do a Kipsta 105l roller https://www.decathlon.co.uk/105l-suitcase-essential-blue-id_8495955.html

And a bigger scuba oriented one https://www.decathlon.co.uk/scd120l-divingtravelbag-wheels-id_8385232.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, we have some Rossignol ones that we have had for years.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@holidayloverxx, I have an old salomon bag with boot compartments either end, that I have had for nearly 30 years, I think it was called a "club" bag, it is still going strong but I wanted to get another one similar for the kids.

i have looked online, and recently in the S&R inside the snow centre at Hemel, and have not been able to find one either. Though if S&R did have any, i would have probably needed to re-mortgage to buy it. All of their ski luggage was eye watering expensive!!!

@Old Fartbag, the nevica one looks great and inexpensive, but there does not seem to be any dimensions (it could be the size of handbag Toofy Grin Toofy Grin ), but i am going to take a punt on it anyway.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
terrygasson wrote:

@Old Fartbag, the nevica one looks great and inexpensive, but there does not seem to be any dimensions (it could be the size of handbag Toofy Grin Toofy Grin ), but i am going to take a punt on it anyway.

I'm pretty sure it's the same one that I bought last year - in which case, you'll be fine.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SBP wrote:
GreenDay wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

they do a Kipsta 105l roller https://www.decathlon.co.uk/105l-suitcase-essential-blue-id_8495955.html

And a bigger scuba oriented one https://www.decathlon.co.uk/scd120l-divingtravelbag-wheels-id_8385232.html

Not sure how I missed that Very Happy - yep, thats the one. Takes a boot either end, and all the ski wear packed round it with the upper sip off compartment for other clothes etc - basically same as the Nevica one but a bit more durable.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys... some good options
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, We have two of the Nevica bags from Sports Direct and they are perfect for a week's skiing (and I don't pack light). I don't think you can beat it for value.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GreenDay wrote:

Not sure how I missed that Very Happy - yep, thats the one. Takes a boot either end, and all the ski wear packed round it with the upper sip off compartment for other clothes etc - basically same as the Nevica one but a bit more durable.

Decathlon can be funny - was listed as rugby equipment
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FionaG wrote:
@holidayloverxx, We have two of the Nevica bags from Sports Direct and they are perfect for a week's skiing (and I don't pack light). I don't think you can beat it for value.

I've also got an old Saloman bag which is reaching end of life, it's got no wheels and weighs next to nothing, which is a real plus. I can get a weeks ski gear in including boots and bag and contents get to around 16kg. At a guess how heavy is the Nevica bag as this looks a really good deal
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stevew, The Nevica bag is not the lightest - it probably weighs a few pounds before you put anything in it, but it is pretty solid. If you want an exact weight let me know and I'll take my travel scales into the garage and weigh one for you!
ski holidays
I've used bags with end pockets for many years. However, unable to find one recently, I've now gone for one of the split (under over?) types. My boots will go in the lower section, with a few bits and pieces, and the rest in the top section. Not used it yet though !

They are heavy though - with handle/wheels Sad
latest report
I love the fact that people have specific luggage for a skiing trip. I'm still unsure why. I just use a duffel bag for pretty much all travel. Think they are perfect, light, durable, pack away to nothing, waterproof, can carry as a rucksack, large access area.
snow conditions
Legend. wrote:
I love the fact that people have specific luggage for a skiing trip. I'm still unsure why. I just use a duffel bag for pretty much all travel. Think they are perfect, light, durable, pack away to nothing, waterproof, can carry as a rucksack, large access area.

Because the original Nevica ones were clamshell design - you could get your ski boots and ski wear in the bottom section and other stuff in the top half. They were well designed and cheap...............sadly not durable though !
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:

How big is the rip? I've repaired bags using Stormsure resin / glue - it's really effective and strong.
snow conditions
Looked at this a while ago for as the Salomon is no longer available. This has compartments for boots at either end.
https://lockwoods.com/collections/ski-luggage/products/swix-cargo-duffel-92
snow report
@Legend., I don't as it happens as I use the Rossignol holdall for most of my travelling. It is the pockets at either end for the boots that is the good bit. They were useful when we flew and weren't allowed a separate boot bag.
snow conditions
FionaG wrote:
@stevew, The Nevica bag is not the lightest - it probably weighs a few pounds before you put anything in it, but it is pretty solid. If you want an exact weight let me know and I'll take my travel scales into the garage and weigh one for you!

FionaG thanks but at the price I just went and ordered one, everything else I've seen is £80+

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 16-01-20 13:49; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
schnitzel_skier wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

How big is the rip? I've repaired bags using Stormsure resin / glue - it's really effective and strong.

Boot pocket completely ripped off
snow conditions
FionaG wrote:

is this bag able for a set of skis and clothes for a week?
snow report
fullducknodinner wrote:
FionaG wrote:

is this bag able for a set of skis and clothes for a week?

It's not a Ski Bag, but a large Weekend Holdall, with Boot Pockets either end.
ski holidays
i see said the blind man, wires got mixed up, i thought ye were talking about this 1 https://ie.sportsdirect.com/nevica-banff-ski-bag-01-920371
if anyone has bought 1 let me know
snow report
fullducknodinner wrote:
i see said the blind man, wires got mixed up, i thought ye were talking about this 1 https://ie.sportsdirect.com/nevica-banff-ski-bag-01-920371

Be careful - it "may" only hold skis that are up to 160 - So find out for sure, before buying (if a problem). If you manage to find out, let me know.
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:
fullducknodinner wrote:

Be careful - it "may" only hold skis that are up to 160 - So find out for sure, before buying (if a problem). If you manage to find out, let me know.

i will, i cannot find 1 website with dimensions or even a review
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fullducknodinner wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
fullducknodinner wrote:

i will, i cannot find 1 website with dimensions or even a review

Exactly.

I know they had a previous one (Vail?) at much the same price, which was only 160.
snow report
try here
ski holidays
Thanks all.it was the Nevica one from Sports Direct. Dunno why I couldn't find it in the first place!
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Thanks all.it was the Nevica one from Sports Direct. Dunno why I couldn't find it in the first place!

It wasn't there a while ago.....I was actually surprised to find it listed.
snow report
stevew wrote:
FionaG wrote:

FionaG thanks but at the price I just went and ordered one, everything else I've seen is £80+

Turned up yesterday. Not as wide as existing Saloman bag but taller, looks OK, not as heavy as expected so thats' Good overall pleased given the low price, will see how it works for the weekend at the end of January.
ski holidays
@Old Fartbag, that looks fab.

@stevew, is it the Nevica one from sports direct? Will it do a weeks skiing?
snow report
@Lucywuk, I reckon it will for me but I tend to pack quite light these days
ski holidays
@stevew, for £32 I’m grabbing it. I was planning on a north face one for my husband. But this looks fab. We are currently nobs with suitcases on a skiing holiday. I wanted a hold-all with wheels.
snow report
@stevew, Have you tried your boots in it yet??
latest report
@Legend.,
Quote:

We keep our skiing stuff in the garage between holidays. Not enough room in the house for various jackets/trousers/helmets/boots and thermals. Usually in a crap broken suitcase. So this is a great option to keep it all together.
We also travel via the train so want everything inc boots and helmet in one bag each.

So saying my husband does a lot of traveling so it might get used a lot more.
ski holidays
@albob, I ordered 2 in Sunday for each of my daughters (I have an ancient salomon bag that is still going strong), as the price looked good, they arrived on Wednesday even though the order confirmation said it would be a few weeks!!!

when I get home this evening from working away this week, I will try them out with boots etc and let you know!!
latest report
albob wrote:
@stevew, Have you tried your boots in it yet??

Not yet will try over the weekend
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy