Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Setting Bindings for new boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One for the technicians

Junior Major has new boots and we need to set the rail mounted bindings to the correct spacing. I'm reasonably happy I can do this but just wanted to check I'm not doing anything wrong and/or check if the opinion of experts is that this is something that should only be done by an experienced technician? So;

As I understand it it is a matter of taking the boot length and moving the rear binding until the mark corresponds with that number on the printed scale.

The closed binding should then clearly catch on to the boot lugs but not be so close that it's touching the 'body' of the boot itself?

Advice please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Difficult to say without knowing what binding you have. Set the toe piece within the specified sole length range and then adjust the heel until forward pressure is correct. You can pretty much disregard the numbers for the heel piece as they’re often wrong. There will be an indicator of some description for the forward pressure but it depends what binding you have as they’re all different.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 on checking the forward pressure indicator.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robboj wrote:
As I understand it it is a matter of taking the boot length and moving the rear binding until the mark corresponds with that number on the printed scale.

The closed binding should then clearly catch on to the boot lugs but not be so close that it's touching the 'body' of the boot itself?

You may need to move the front a little too. Do this first, using the numbers on the scale. As above, better to use the forward pressure indicator to check the heel placement, rather than eyeballing it against the boot. Look up the manual online if you’re not sure about this.

Don’t forget that their DIN may have changed if they’ve grown and got bigger boots as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy