Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decent base service in the South East

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a decent ski servicing outfit in the South/South East? After a scratchy week in the Three Valleys we have a couple of pairs of skis in need of a base grind. Who’s got decent kit? I’ll do the edge service myself.

We’re based in Oxford.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why would you base grind a ski just because it has a few scratches? A base grind is for when the skis have (excessive) concavity &/or lack of structure. Or in the rare event of a good length of the base edge angle being chewed up. Base damage can be repaired'n'dressed down etc without a grind.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just had mine done at Snow and Rock in Port Solent - only option round here now Filarinski closed. They didn't need base grind. I opted for edges and hand waxing - they look very good to me, but I'm no expert (despite having done a day in Spyderjon's garage....). Whilst I was waiting to hand mine last week another customer suggested his scratches needed repairing, but the guy said no, no need. So I was quite reassured by that.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shannyla, Ski Bartlett in Uxbridge are not unduly far from Oxford.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On the relatively rare occasions I have not serviced my own skis, I have always found snow and rock fine. My nearest however is at Chill factore in Manchester though. Sure@pam w, suggestion should be fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can give snowtogs in Southampton a go...normally want a week turnaround time....look at their website, some funny opening hours
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy