Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Concerns about Flow Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Don't get me wrong I love them but after a session at the new Xscape in Glasgow, I noticed that the pin at the bottom of the clip that closes the binding (not sure what its called) worked its way loose, has anyone else had this problem?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nick'n'Kim wrote:
Don't get me wrong I love them but after a session at the new Xscape in Glasgow, I noticed that the pin at the bottom of the clip that closes the binding (not sure what its called) worked its way loose, has anyone else had this problem?

2 problems I can see.

1) You bought a set of Flows. wink

2) You were boarding in a big fridge in Renfrew, rather than at one of our 5 rather lovely outdoor centres. Shocked

Haven't a clue about your binding problem though, sorry. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick'n'Kim wrote:

Sounds like you need one these:

Never go on real slopes without one. I managed to lose my binding strap on a lift because it came loose and subsequently had to suffer the ignominous shame of the life back down on my tod Embarassed

Always check bindings before you head out.

[edit], just noticed you're asking about flows, not sure if the above applies having never used them.
Must read question before answering Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The only issue I had with mine were the binding screws working themselves loose. Could of course be user error and didnt do it at all this year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your comments Lager Puzzled , but none of the outdoor centres were open at 7pm, and I felt a real need to go boarding but you're right, it is a big fridge, still I'm no expert and it will give me the opportunity to pactice all summer! : Very Happy [quote]
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick'n'Kim never had any problems with mine over the past 3ish years. Just make sure that you check them over before using them - same with any kit snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The ONLY problem is that you use flows wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes and as I said before I really love them except when they threaten to fall to bits. I went to their website and emailed them about it. Not sure if the link works or if they are ignoring me, as no response yet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cant believe you bought Flows willingly, theyre shite.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Their clearly not though are they - otherwise so many people wouldn't use them. I don't own Flows myself but I'be ridden mates boards with them on a couple of times. There are pro's and con's between them and straps and which one suits you best you'll only know by trying each.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've used Flows since they first came out & have had no problems whatsoever.

I've ridden icy black runs & off-piste in them & found them to perform superbly.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My son and daughter both use them, they do off piste, moguled blacks and the parks all with no problems, this said, a friend of ours (beginner) had much the same problem that Nick 'n' Kim seem to be experiencing, and she now uses the strap in bindings Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee, have you ever tried them? the more I ride the more I like them. Back up your comments with reasons and I might be prepared to give your comment a bit more thought instead of just thinking Who is this diddy?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodle, have you ever tried them? the more I ride the more I like them. Back up your comments with reasons and I might be prepared to give your comment a bit more thought instead of just thinking Who is this diddy?
snow report
Board4Life wrote:
There are pro's and con's between them and straps and which one suits you best you'll only know by trying each.

Yeah but you'll notice there aren't any pros using flows....in the shows... yo... cos they blow....so there ya go.... now you're in the know...

But seriously if you want to get good in the long run it is better to use straps, no offence to any flow owners...
snow conditions
There are Pro Riders using flows.........obviously as they have a Pro Team.

One of them was 5th in the 2006 Winter Olympics Half Pipe. The same guy (Antti Autti) won gold at the 2005 winter X games beating favourites Shaun White and Danny Kass.

I bet he likes his Flow bindings and it sounds like he's pretty good. wink
snow report
I know womeone sponsored by flow who refuses to use their bindings...
snow report
*shrugs* it's all down to personal preference. I have flows on one board and p1Mds on the other and like them both, though some people just don't get on with them.

If you have a problem with the binding, I've found Flow's cusomer service department to be very helpful. I emailed because I had a minor cosmetic problem with the top straps of mine and they sent me out a new pair for free.
You can contact them here
http://www.flow.com/contact/?language=en
snow report
firebug, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks Ian! snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks Firebug! Some help at last. Thanks for the other comments, although I think Mista Lager and Ritchie may be a bit biased, Luddites!
snow report
Nick'n'Kim I noticed last week (for the first time) during a slalom race that the back of my flow binding on my back foot poped open. It did it again on the second race but even with that coming down my foot was still held securely in place with no real noticeable difference.

I'm not sure why it popped open, i can only guess that the settings were not strong enough for the stresses of a slalom race. I still have complete faith in them but will mail the customer service department to see if they have any ideas. Cheers for the link firebug & welcome!
latest report
Quote:

I'm not sure why it popped open
Air rushing past at 100mph perhaps wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing
snow report
Thanks for the welcome all! Very Happy

I hope you get some help from Flow. Otherwise, a shop that sells a lot of them can often be helpful

I find the speed of flows really invaluable if you are riding with skiers, as no-one has to wait for you at the top of the lift - and they are ideal for indoor slopes for the same reason - when you only get 60 seconds per run, every moment counts! Also, I find them to be far more comfortable - the even pressure on the foot is a huge benefit. Mine are four years old now and *touch wood* have never let me down yet...
Smile
snow conditions
Solved the problem a bit Heath Robinson style, neatly wrapped the pin in sticky tape - job done.
Very Happy
snow conditions
Having gone from flows to straps (Drake f60s) and back to flows I would have to say flows are more confortable, and faster and easier to get in/out of with no noticable loss of control. As for the point that no pros use them, well that's not true. The pros use whatever they are paid to use. You are not going to get a Burton sponsored rider in flows....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy