Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Instructor killed in helicopter accident

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was skiing in the Espace Saint Bernard last week when I was told that a ski instructor, Nicolas Gaide had been killed in a helicopter accident, not too many details were available and I haven't been able to find much more information. Nicolas was an Olympian, a member of the French ski jump team and was a member of a well known family from La Rosiere, he would be well known to a number of British skiers, especially clients of Ski Olympic, for whom his wife who is British used to work. My condolences to his family, the news made our ski trip a sadder affair.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/heli-ski-expert-nicolas-gaide-killed-in-mont-miravidi-fall-jb98j95tz

Accident during training exercise .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Rob Mackley, Thank you, Nicolas was a lovely man, who will be missed by all who knew him.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Lee Shaw,
Very much so.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Lee Shaw, that is really very very sad news. Nicolas was my hubby's instructor on our trip to La Rosiere, and was married to a lady from Durham. Sad . I recall a very very messy night in a bar with chilli vodka, and his grandma passing round genepi on the pistes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As part of the weekly ESF torchlight descent, Nicolas did several laps of the chairlift, taking off an article of clothing at every lap, ending up skiing down in his boxers. He also took his ski class to the La Rosiere ski jump and got them all to jump off it. I believe he jumped in the same games as Eddie the Eagle.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
poo-poo, that's horrible. I was actually supposed to be doing my helicopter safety training with them that day, had to cancel because of last-minute work commitments!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sad Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy