Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester Airport 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
T1 last week. Straight through security on way out to Dubai. Customs on way back zero queue, I was lucky to be near door on the a380 and walked with purpose! Bag took 15 mins which off an A380 is excellent. Onto a train within an hour of landing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never had a problem at Manchester, outbound or inbound.
Nice and modern, clean, plenty of shops and cafes. Staff always friendly and polite even though security is super busy. Only problems I have seen is when people try and take things through which they shouldn't and then get arsy when they are held up because of bag searches.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had to pick up in Bristol, in the dark and rain, a short while ago. I noticed several spots on the last mile or two into the airport where where cars, with lights on, were just sitting at the side of the road. Found out why when I drove to the (very poorly signposted) "pick up" spot and saw folk with their baggage standing, waiting for their pick up. They had clearly phoned their driver friend, and were waiting to hop in. The car park was outside, there were no spaces in the first rank, and by the time I got into the terminal I was very wet. The way into the terminal (and back to the car) was up/down a flight of concrete steps. Fortunately my son and daughter in law only had small, bags, easily carried up and down. Pick up somewhere like Gatwick is expensive, but at least you can park in the dry and use a trolley between the car and departure or arrival.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems to have been a building site for the last 4 years.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
£3 for ten minutes someone told me at Bristol pick up since the thread has been bumped. And that was after a truly dreadful arrival experience a couple of weeks ago.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think I paid £4 at Bristol, but that was for about 45 minutes. At Gatwick I paid £8 for slightly less time! There was a place on the road past the terminal where theoretically you could have picked up people waiting at the roadside but there were massive signs warning of H U G E fines for dropping off or picking up there. One of my Bristol problems was being completely unfamiliar with the airport and driving in the dark and Storm Dennis rain. The signposts, colour coded, to the various parking areas were written in very small writing. Completely impossible for me to read, even slowing down as much as I dared without annoying the hell out of the driver behind.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pam w, I have often wondered if airports deliberately signpost parking, drop offs, collections poorly in order to 'fleece' as many people as possible?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I was lucky to be near door on the a380

Arriving at Birmingham just after an A380 has docked is a nightmare. Not through customs but immigration, half hour at least, possibly longer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

I was lucky to be near door on the a380

Arriving at Birmingham just after an A380 has docked is a nightmare. Not through customs but immigration, half hour at least, possibly longer.

I should have put immigration, not customs, literally straight through immigration, very fortunate I was on top deck ( economy) but near the door. Entering Dubai was a 30 minute queue, and bags still not through after that.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy