Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best spot to watch a slalom race?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

The WC slalom is coming to Cham on the 8-9 February and I'd like to go and watch. I'm not paying to be at the finish line but piste-side is free if you can get to it. Has anyone watched a slalom before and can recommend a spot? The start? The middle? If you're in the middle do they just pile past you in 2 seconds and its a bit pointless with no atmosphere?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Meltus, I have watched a Combined WC in Les Houches, the second run of that was a slalom.

I watched it mostly from the side of the finish line, which does look to be free but you need to download a ticket.

They have remodelled the Kandahar piste recently, I don't remember the viewing areas that are shown on the website.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best spot is the stand in the arena as you get the head on view of most of the course. Honestly after that best spot is probably where you can see the Jumbotron. As close to finish line as poss I guess if you're not paying.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Meltus wrote:
...The start? The middle? If you're in the middle do they just pile past you in 2 seconds and its a bit pointless with no atmosphere?

Purely for watching, slalom races are not too bad wherever you are really, closely spaced gates and slower speeds mean you have time to get a feel for the event anywhere along the course. For atmosphere, better at the finish.
It's the downhill races that need a bit more planning, blink and you've missed it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy