Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone spent a season in Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on spending a season in Whistler. I have applied for my Visa and it is being processed. I was wondering if the majority of people get hooked up with a job before they go or whether they go to this jobs fair in october. I would post this on Natives but I'd have to register then rolling eyes Besides Id prefer the opinion of my fellow snowheads. I was wanting to work in a hire shop/workshop. I doubt Id get any bar work and I am not experienced enough for guiding. Any insight would be great.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Edmundh009, think paulhothersall did a season this year
only been there for a week so can't really comment
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edmundh009, these might help...
http://www.natives.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6134
http://www.natives.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5865

The thing is to get to the job fair in October, unless you want to work for a UK company, and get a job through them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for that. I think Il go out around mid october. Should allow some time to get my head round everything.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Edmundh009,
Done 2 seasons there but haven't worked either of them so may not be much help except maybe I could tell you the good hire/tuning shops. I know someone who lives there and used to run a tuning shop so he might be able to find out some contacts to try. Accomodation might be tricky if you're not working for the mountain (in which case you can get into the hall-of-residence-like place), as mentioned above I think the mountain (Intrawest) does all their recruiting at the October jobs fair.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Edmundh009, are you on a Bunac visa? I spent a season working in banff on a bunac work visa, but a lot of people I flying out there met were off to whistler, only one of whom had a pre-arranged job (via a relative). In both resorts it seems that for seasonal jobs you're unlikely to get anything from the UK before you go - employers seem to have had trouble with workers who've applied from abroad getting a better offer and not turning up! However, in my experience it's not that difficult to get a job once you arrive, and this is something I've heard again from friends out there this year; though I would advise arriving early-mid october as most fairs are around the 15th and you want a bit of time to settle in first.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im going on one of the anything technical courses next month to get my ski tuning up to scratch. Im going on a Bunac work visa. I did hear that alot of people stay in the HOUSE accomodation, is it like university halls. Stuarth You didnt work, Shocked Ahh the life of a ski bum Cool im jealous.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob and sharon wrote:
Edmundh009, think paulhothersall did a season this year
only been there for a week so can't really comment

I did (am indeed still here till the end of may).

Anyone feel free to ask questions on this thread, or PM me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy