Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski wear for a tall dink of water...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just tried on my gear that I've had for years and frankly, I look ridiculous.

I'm a 6ft 3in, not heavily built but when I snowboarded, I got into the fad of baggy everything. I'm 40 now and feel stupid so need to change to clothing that's more 'becoming' of a man of my years Smile

Pretty sure I can find mountaineering-type technical upper shell that'll fit fine, not worried there, but for bottoms (salopettes or trousers) I'm looking at something more 'fitted; are there any brands that specifically fit taller people or offer a long fitting?

Went to Decathlon the other day and their stuff was okay but not had a chance to really look around other places. I'm not bothered about high-end brands, just stuff that's functional.
I was thinking about getting some of the those thicker, stretchy soft-shell hiking trousers, which should be fine for April in Andorra. Downside is no skirts around the boot or waist and not sure on overall waterproofing - Anyone done that?

Any recommendations for where to buy or brands to look at?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 8-01-20 19:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the same problem for my 6'4 son. Salomon do a long length fit for their trousers. As do Volkl I believe. Like you he ends up buying a longer fit jacket to get the length in the body without being about 5 sizes too big in the body. This year that has meant a couple of snowboarding brands
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m also 6’3” and have Decathlon 180 Ski Trousers in XL size. If anything they’re a little too long but they have a little zip that pulls them up so all good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm 6'2" slim build & found the Armada slim-fit ski pants to be a really great long fit (in large).

P.S. It's the Atmore style.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 9-01-20 8:31; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’m 6’2 burton ak cyclic in large are all good. Not cheap though. Fairly fitted and normal looking.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm 6'1" with a gut! I've a pair of Mountain Warehouse salopettes - only about £40 IIRC but good quality. I'm a fan of their stuff - online or worth a visit if there's a store in your area.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
North Face seems to work for my slim 6'5 son. His salopettes are a longer length but the new jacket he got this year was just a standard size.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My tall hubby has super dry salopettes, they are actually too long but they have a pull to fit thing in the legs, very practical
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got a 6'5 slim 15 year old son and a 6"4 18 year old. Had no problems with decathlon pull n fit trousers. They tell me they're warm and comfortable and they look fine. Manufacturers need to wake up to the idea that younger folk are taller than the oldies (Same story with wider feet)!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm 6'3" and have a pair of Salomon pants that fit well, size large, long leg. I did have a pair of Sweet Protection pants that were very long in the leg.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Keela Munro salopettes come in short, regular and long legs, highly recommend them. Have full leg zips, proper bib etc, pretty bombproof, breathable, designed for mountaineering. Looks wise they are pretty sensible for a man of advancing years! They only come in black. You can get them cheaper than Keela website (£144) if you shop around.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy