Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First thing to do upon arrival?

Poster: A snowHead
5-7-6 in that order. Oh, and 2 of course, while doing 5 and 7.

Usually arrive around 4-5pm on Sat. First thing is to get access to accommodation, dump the bags, and head out to sort out lift passes, lessons, ski hire, etc. (some of this may have been done in advance of course). While doing this, have a reccy of the resort, especially looking for bakeries for breakfast croissants and decent looking restaurants. Also places which might rent out a raclette machine if the flat doesn't have one. Get food from supermarket. Then quiet evening usually involving a book, TV or maybe a game of cards. Head out on the balcony to enjoy looking at the mountains and breathing that wonderful air. Dinner with a couple of glasses of wine, and early-ish night, falling asleep with a giant grin on my face, at the thought of waking up the next morning in the mountains and going skiing at last.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check the rooms for bed bugs. This is something we do on every holiday, doesn’t matter if it’s a cheap cabin in the woods, an Airbnb or a 5 star hotel.

My wife works as an interior architect and every hotel chain she has worked with has had problems with bed bugs. Most hotels have routines that prevents the spread of these.

We’re more cautious of self clean rentals properties that don’t have routines to check and control pest problems.

Here we would take the mattress off the bed and make sure it’s all okay before unpacking.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1. Pick up keys and lift passes from Rental Agency
2. Have lunch (usually)
3. Unpack car
4. Afternoon ski
5. sort out apartment, make beds, put stuff away properly
6. cook dinner, eat crisps, drink wine
7. drink wine until........
8. sleep
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As done many times, find a corner near the hotel/ chalet bar, change into kit, head for the hill. Anything else is for old people...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gainz wrote:
As done many times, find a corner near the hotel/ chalet bar, change into kit, head for the hill. Anything else is for old people...

Quite right. Old people have realised that it matters not what others think and change wherever they want, not in a corner.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I like to freshen up by getting a shower and changing out of my travelling clothes at the first available opportunity.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mad for chelsea wrote:
Usually arrive around 4-5pm on Sat. First thing is to get access to accommodation, dump the bags, and head out to sort out lift passes, lessons, ski hire, etc. (some of this may have been done in advance of course). While doing this, have a reccy of the resort, especially looking for bakeries for breakfast croissants and decent looking restaurants. Also places which might rent out a raclette machine if the flat doesn't have one. Get food from supermarket. Then quiet evening usually involving a book, TV or maybe a game of cards. Head out on the balcony to enjoy looking at the mountains and breathing that wonderful air. Dinner with a couple of glasses of wine, and early-ish night, falling asleep with a giant grin on my face, at the thought of waking up the next morning in the mountains and going skiing at last.

Very sensible.

In the same vain. But since my arrival is typically around 11pm at a hotel near the airport (flight after work on a Friday), with a hire car. The routine is a little different: unpack items from "travel mode" into "skiing mode". In the process, hopefully I will find my PJ's for the night. Crash into bed and lose consciousness.

Next morning, do the 1-2-3 hr drive to the mountain, in ready-to-ski clothing. "Park the car, put on boot, go skiing". Day 1 is usually cruising around all the pistes to get myself oriented and make mental note of where I want to ski the rest of the week, aka "reconnaissance"

After skiing, check into lodging for the week, shower, change into street clothing, walk around the village, find good bakery and supermarkets or restaurants depending on lodging/meal situation. Dinner, crash into bed and lose consciousness.

2nd day is the beginning of my holiday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pasigal wrote:
@NickyJ, One of these years I'll actually remember to order passes online. Problem is everyone in my family tends to change their mind about what they want, i.e. local mountain vs. combi pass etc.

Ours arrived in post today Happy nice knowing we have them in hand.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jabuzzard wrote:
I like to freshen up by getting a shower and changing out of my travelling clothes at the first available opportunity.

+1 here, usually flying and there's something about that grotty feeling.

Then if s/c, supermarket, or if hotel, beer. A wander out to see the resort is usually included. Never had the opportunity to ski on arrival!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ElzP wrote:
jabuzzard wrote:

+1 here, usually flying and there's something about that grotty feeling.

Then if s/c, supermarket, or if hotel, beer. A wander out to see the resort is usually included. Never had the opportunity to ski on arrival!

We managed it a couple of times before having kids. Nothing quite like waking up in UK and then being at the top of the mountain by midday!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
1 Find goat
2 Ritual slaughter
3 Pentagrams on roommate's bedsheets in goat blood to ensure decent snow

Available for shares on bashes....

Bonus Masala Gosht baguettes all week for lunch...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dave of the Marmottes, what will bake your noodle is that I can explain why it's a goat, and why it's a pentagram.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1) Ask for the WiFi password.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hack around the Co-op for an hour or so, amazed at the patience of the shelf-fillers restocking doggedly while dazed shoppers stumble around. Collect skis and skipasses. Walk back across railway tracks to sauna-like apartment, open windows, open prosecco....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Beer

Correct answer.
snow conditions
mishmash wrote:
The expression is relation of "Thirsty Thursday" which happens later in the week...

See also Munted Monday and F***ed up Friday.
latest report
Leave aeroplane.

Or risk suffering a fate similar to the Brighton to Bedford bounce.
latest report
Definitely a 10) type of guy, if can't do that find a beer or food depending on time of day
snow conditions
Dump stuff in room.

Beer.
snow report
Go to supermarket and buy the local wine and cheap beer
snow report
Stuff unpacked, buy lift pass, beer , eat, sleep.
ski holidays
Throw bag in room, get lift pass sorted for morning , bar.
snow report
TBH
after a long day travelling, dig out the bog roll, as I need to go for a think.
ski holidays
Beer/Wine.
ski holidays
i) unpack stuff needed for tomorrows sliding.
ii) fit bindings to board.
iii) go shopping. (tonic or olives needed for ...)
iv) ...drink gin.
snow report
Park car
Put on boots
Go skiing
Lunch
Ski
Check in
Unload car to apartment
Eat
Sleep
snow conditions
Er it's a skiing trip.
dump stuff at hotel
go skiing
go to apres bar
eat
sleep
ski
repeat
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy