Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne pistemap wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of a hi-res pistemap of La Plagne anywhere on the web? I've
visited all the usual sites I can think of, but the best I can find so far
is about 1700x870. Unfortunately its only 72dpi and I can't read the names of the runs.

Alternatively, if you have an up to date paper version you don't need any more, I'd be happy to send an SAE to a UK postal address.

Thanks,
/WiRED
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm almost certain I have one or more likely 3 at home, I only got back at the end of march - pm me your address and I'll send you one (no need for the SAE it's only 20p!)

aj xx
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
aj, you are truly a hero. I will definitely stand you a beer (or whatever) if we ever find ourselves on the same mountain. I should have pointed out that I'm after a proper "La Plagne" piste map rather than the Les Arcs/Paradiski version. The ParodySki one shows where most of the La Plagne runs go, but not what they're called. If you have a spare full version, that would be perfect. Standby for incoming PM .....

/WiRED
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Save your 20p, ajhainey Smile

Try this, WiRED, http://www.la-plagne.com/panorama/Plagne.jpg

Oh, and welcome to snowHeads - hope you stick around! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks TallTone. I think I've seen that one before though. Its still very hard to make out what the runs are called.

/WiRED
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
WiRED,
If you email most resorts they will send out info including piste maps free of charge.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used to go on www.skimaps.com, but looks like they've not renewed their web fee!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WiRED, Welcome to Snowheads Walter wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the advice, and the welcoming messages too. I can see I might be hanging around here for a while ... Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
posted - unfortunately bank holiday post service proabbly means it won't turn up till tues?

aj xx
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks AJ, much appreciated. A couple of days delay won't make much difference.

/WiRED
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WiRED,

have you tried here?

http://www.ski-laplagne.com/index.jsp?c=25408

There is also a 3d map in there somewhere but I can't seenm to find it this evening?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Late answer, but there is one on my website
> http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Plan2005.htm
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RG, That is a great map! Any news on the new lifts planned for next season?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yep Smile
Bouclets Draglifts replaced by an 6-seater chairlift
Plan Bois 2-seater Chairlift (Les Coches) replaced by an 6-seater

Works following on my website (now in english) !

RG
snow report
RG, Great thanks for that will check your website!
snow conditions
Thanks Smile
ski holidays
RG wrote:
Late answer, but there is one on my website
> http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Plan2005.htm

RG, that's exactly what I was looking for at the time - highest-res map I've ever seen of La Plagne. My immediate problem was solved by ajhainey who was kind enough to post me a spare paper version he had lying around. I've kept your URL for future reference though. Do you plan to update the map every season?
snow report
WiRED, of course, next map will be online in half of December.
You can see many old maps on my website ( http://romain.guigon.free.fr/ANG_SlopesMap.htm )
snow report
RG, que passa avec le forum officiel des Arcs, t'en sais qq chose ?
ski holidays
Moi je ne m'occupe que de la Plagne (Wink), mais j'ai lu sur Skipass.com qu'il avait été fermé par les Modérateurs.
ski holidays
PG, on the occasions I checked it (with the help of Google Language) all the active threads seemed to be arguments about the rights and wrongs of developing and maintaining Les Arcs as a ski resort. I'm not surprised the tourist office closed it down.
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk, lift company run I think. There were one or two individuals intent on using it as a platform for their environmental concerns, but I didn't think it was that bad, and a good source of info. Easily disrupted though, as with all forums as they grow.
ski holidays
PG wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, lift company run I think.

Was it a joint venture? Previously the SMA and the tourist office had their own sites, but these were merged and the forum was added to the new site. In any case, neither of those organisations would wish to provide a platform for petty bickering to tarnish the reputation of the resort.
ski holidays
PG wrote:
There were one or two individuals intent on using it as a platform for their environmental concerns...

...and endless discussions on copyright with Tamsin Conditions? Very Happy
snow report
RG, Do you know which pistes will be regraded after Bouclets replaced?
snow conditions
WiRED, Get one of these... 3d Mount Maps I found them v.useful in La Plagne and Kitz earlier this year. They also help explain the best route to your friends when you are trying to persuade them to follow you down a black. "Honestly, it'll be fine!"
snow report
Oh dear... That link seems to be off line at the moment. Maybe they are sorting the website out Puzzled

It should be www.mountmaps.com

But keep it in mind for your trip, as they are well worth it. 3 dimensional, waterproof and only £3.50 each. You can get them for loads of resorts now too. I have 4!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski Bat, that link doesn't work, at least not from my PDA Sad But I think I know what you mean. Those little foldy-out 3D maps? Very cool Cool . I spotted them on the web and meant to get one in Peisey-Vallandry in March. Then, even though I was in the liftpass office at the end of the week (to return the electronic passes ), I still managed to forget to buy one!!! rolling eyes . Maybe next year ...
ski holidays
Ski Bat wrote:
Oh dear... That link seems to be off line at the moment. Maybe they are sorting the website out Puzzled

Ah, that explains it.

I will try and get one next year as I hope to get to La Plagne for the whole week as opposed to just the one day trip from Vallandry.
latest report
Yes, i hope it works for next year. I'm hoping they are making one for Whistler too Madeye-Smiley
latest report
WiRED, We spent a week out there in March on a stag do and were hoping to get to Les Arcs for at least a day, but the La Plagne ski area was so good, as was the snow, we never made it. Try out some of the tree-lined runs down to Montalbert if you can, not as crowded with some nice little cabins for lunch.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, normally, only the Farandole red piste should be extend to the chairlift. In Blue or in Red ? I don't know. Not many informations from the SAP about this...
snow conditions
Ski Bat,
Quote:

Try out some of the tree-lined runs down to Montalbert if you can, not as crowded with some nice little cabins for lunch.

and a couple of nice restaurants one in the village and one on the Piste Gentil, a little difficult to find but worth looking for. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boredsurfin, and you need to try the Omelettes in the little restaurant at the top of the Montalbert chair, you ski round to it on the Maignonne (blue) which takes you back into Monalbert. V.big V.tasty indeed... especially washed down with a grande beire, or two.
latest report
RG wrote:
boredsurfin, normally, only the Farandole red piste should be extend to the chairlift. In Blue or in Red ? I don't know. Not many informations from the SAP about this...

I hope the Cornegidouille piste will remain connected to Farandole.
snow report
Don't forget that the chairlift will pass at 20 meters from draglift's departure...

When I took this photo I was on the line of the future chairlift

ski holidays
Picture taken today of work starting on the new Ouvertes chairlift at La Roche which will replace the Bouclets drags
snow report
Quote:

the Cornegidouille piste
It has one section that without doubt the nastiest "blue" piste I have ever come accross, just as you drop down past the golf chair load point.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Well done! Great photo. I was afraid they might cancel or postpone this project. This will be my 'Home' chairlift for next season Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead Hope it's 'Ouvert' early in the mornings.... Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy