Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas 2020/21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I’m looking to book a week at Christmas and have seen a decent deal in Bad Hofgastein. Last year we went to St Johann in Tirol and loved it (so much so we went back in August for our summer holiday). I would like a mix of blues and reds and have a 8 year old son who has done a week and was skiing the reds by the end of it. Husband is a non-skier but happy to hike up to meet us in a cafe or go to the gym during the day. Would bad hofgastein be a good option? We don’t need nightlife with an 8 year old in tow!

If not then any other suggestions of resorts, with less than a 2 hour transfer? Any country (I’ve seen one option in Sestriere which I’d consider having been there 12 years ago)

Thanks in advance for views!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My wife is a non-skier and we went to Bad Hofgastein in March 2016 when she was recovering from an ACL operation.
Several hotels, including the Österreichischerhof where we stayed, have direct access to the Alpentherme which is well worth it. Admission was included in our holiday price.
https://www.alpentherme.com/en
We were able to meet up for lunch on the mountain several times - good local buses and pay-as-you-go on the funicular or gondolas.
Plenty of good skiing on reds and blues for you and your son.

We have also been with to the Dolomites with Collett's several times - they do organised snowshoeing. The transfer from Venice is 3 1/2 hours so look at flying to Innsbruck - you will need to arrange to own flights, Collett's don't do them.
https://www.colletts.co.uk/winter/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy