Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hu.ski - Prepared Food across the French Alps

Poster: A snowHead
I have been asked on a couple of separate threads about Hu.ski, who provide pre-prepared meals and drinks across the French Alps and deliver direct to the door. Some of the food is prepared in Bourg, other bits are prepared by 'Cook' the UK firm which does similar. Most of the stuff is cook from frozen and comes with easy to understand instructions - some recipes are not suitable for microwaving - you need an oven. I was waiting to hear from people visiting Tignes, but then I got lucky in a raffle in the summer and won a 3 day Savoyarde Menu for 2.

The pack arrived yesterday with a smile! First up was the Tartiflette, as this came with a bag of top quality crunchy mixed leaves, a tray of Charcuterie and a jar of Cornichons (which I regard as the work of the devil (along with Andouilette) but that's not their fault!!

As it was a meal for 2 I enlisted the assistance of a ski instructor mate. Basically, I had to take the sleeve and the film off and stuff it in a preheated oven for an hour. It was very tasty, creamy tartiflette and went well with the cold meats and salad. There was more than enough for 2 hearty appetites (saved some of the meats and salad for lunch today). So with a starter it would have easily done for 3.

I've still got a Savoyarde Chicken and Rice, and a Beef Mondeuse with Roasties to come - its likely they will stop in the freezer till the New Year.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank you for starting a thread on this! Was the delivery ok? Did they deliver when expected?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bella2015, Originally, it was agreed for Saturday delivery but as I had not paid and it was dreadful weather up here and I am here all season, I told them not to come up specially for me. It arrived on Sunday as agreed and they phoned me 20 mins ahead of knocking on the door.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you. Considering ordering from them for our first night next Sunday
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They are offering this in Serre Chevalier too. My apartment manager is arranging deliveries through her website.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Used them last year and they delivered as requested to Val d'Isere. We ordered some Cook! dishes as an easy option for when we had family staying.

Based on last year's experience, I have no problem recommending them and will be using them again this year.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello and thank you for the thread. My name is Mark and I represent Huski. I am new to Snowheads. I will answer all of your questions as quickly as I can. If you I don't react quick enough (I spend a lot of time snowboarding in our local resort Les Arcs and eating tartiflette), you can ask on our site.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
I have been asked on a couple of separate threads about Hu.ski, who provide pre-prepared meals and drinks across the French Alps and deliver direct to the door. Some of the food is prepared in Bourg, other bits are prepared by 'Cook' the UK firm which does similar. Most of the stuff is cook from frozen and comes with easy to understand instructions - some recipes are not suitable for microwaving - you need an oven. I was waiting to hear from people visiting Tignes, but then I got lucky in a raffle in the summer and won a 3 day Savoyarde Menu for 2.

The pack arrived yesterday with a smile! First up was the Tartiflette, as this came with a bag of top quality crunchy mixed leaves, a tray of Charcuterie and a jar of Cornichons (which I regard as the work of the devil (along with Andouilette) but that's not their fault!!

As it was a meal for 2 I enlisted the assistance of a ski instructor mate. Basically, I had to take the sleeve and the film off and stuff it in a preheated oven for an hour. It was very tasty, creamy tartiflette and went well with the cold meats and salad. There was more than enough for 2 hearty appetites (saved some of the meats and salad for lunch today). So with a starter it would have easily done for 3.

I've still got a Savoyarde Chicken and Rice, and a Beef Mondeuse with Roasties to come - its likely they will stop in the freezer till the New Year.

Thanks Chocksaway. I hope the chicken Savoyard lives up to your expectations. I have eaten so much tartiflette the chicken savoyard is now my favourite dish (I know it is heresy to go against the mighty tartiflette...)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells wrote:
They are offering this in Serre Chevalier too. My apartment manager is arranging deliveries through her website.

Yes, we work with a few accommodation providers in Serre Chevalier (Eureka, snowlines et al.). Bit of a new resort for us this season. Looking forward to going there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Huski, Mark , welcome to 'heads!

Loving the concept (also big fans of Cook). Couple of quickies:

On the banner of the 'order now' page, it has Les Arcs free delivery for €150 (or more!), the FAQ says €250 or more... which is it really? wink
As well as spending time in 1950, I'll be down at the Base Camp Lodge in March - it looks like you are within walking distance. When is the best time of day to pop in for a chat or pick up a meal (or 6...)?

Ta
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arctic Roll wrote:
@Huski, Mark , welcome to 'heads!

Loving the concept (also big fans of Cook). Couple of quickies:

On the banner of the 'order now' page, it has Les Arcs free delivery for €150 (or more!), the FAQ says €250 or more... which is it really? wink
As well as spending time in 1950, I'll be down at the Base Camp Lodge in March - it looks like you are within walking distance. When is the best time of day to pop in for a chat or pick up a meal (or 6...)?

Ta

Hi and thanks Arctic Roll. You have already highlighted something which needs updating on our site. Delivery in Les Arcs is free above €150 (and all resorts in the 3 valleys, Paradiski, Espace Killy). We have 2 pricings for delivery: inside and outside the Tarentaise. Free delivery is above €250 in Cham, Portes du Soleil and the southern Alps.

As for popping in to pick up a meal or 6, we are here every day from 9 to 5 and all day and night on a Saturday, so drop in for coffee/beer (delete as appropriate) whenever you want.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Huski, Only just realised you existed. Like the idea. We are out in 2 weeks and plan ordering 3 meals for delivery on Sunday so we can put aside for during the week. How does it work in reality on the Sunday, we want to go out skiing and you will need access to the apartment or to meet us?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller wrote:
@Huski, Only just realised you existed. Like the idea. We are out in 2 weeks and plan ordering 3 meals for delivery on Sunday so we can put aside for during the week. How does it work in reality on the Sunday, we want to go out skiing and you will need access to the apartment or to meet us?

Excellent. We never take customers off the piste, it's our mantra. So we deliver in the afternoon/evening or use the receptions and our relationships with all the tour ops. If you need to be in because it's an air bnb or private residence then we will organise a time with you in the week before delivery.

At the moment we have 25% off all wine and beer - use the code SPECIAL25

Cheers
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Huski, thanks. Ours is private. Here is another one for you, we arrive 7pm on the Eurostar on the 4th and we have a taxi meeting us. You near the station in bourg and what time open till? I’m sure you would prefer that than a drive to Arc2000 on Sunday?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller wrote:
@Huski, thanks. Ours is private. Here is another one for you, we arrive 7pm on the Eurostar on the 4th and we have a taxi meeting us. You near the station in bourg and what time open till? I’m sure you would prefer that than a drive to Arc2000 on Sunday?

On a Saturday we stay open till 8 or 9, so someone would be around if you prefer to collect. Or we could meet you at the station.
latest report
@Huski, great, only the 2 of us that week but 100% will place an order next week. Like the idea & worth trying.
snow report
Quick review on our Huski experience so far.

We currently have our uni aged children and their friends staying with us. As they tend to order the most expensive item on the menu if we go out Huski seemed a decent option.
Everything was delivered today and we watched on our nestcam (while on a chairlift) as it was put in the freezer.

Tonight was Confit of Duck for 6 with 2 sides of peas and leeks, I did boil some potatoes and added bread.
It was easy to prepare, I stuck it in the oven left everybody else to watch the potatoes, lay the table , open wine etc while I waxed 2 pairs of skis.
Everybody was very impressed with the food and at less than €10 each I was ok with that. Yes I could cook from scratch for slightly less but the weather and snow was good..

Beef Bourguignon later it the week.
snow conditions
How was the bourguignon ?
snow report
@Huski, you spying on us
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
@Huski, you spying on us

Laughing Nah, to be serious sounds like Huski is merely asking for customer feedback, good on them. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Several times I have been in self catering accommodation without an oven which has made life more difficult for self catering, and this “option” still needs an oven - disappointing
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
Several times I have been in self catering accommodation without an oven which has made life more difficult for self catering, and this “option” still needs an oven - disappointing

Not true. You can filter down to microwave usable food. Some are oven reheat only but a lot offer microwave.
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
@Huski, you spying on us

Laughing Nah, to be serious sounds like Huski is merely asking for customer feedback, good on them. Madeye-Smiley

I was on my iphone, it wiped the end of the sentence I had typed!! I had actually typed

'you spying on us as we had your beef bourguignon tonight. It was very nice thanks'

Bloody iphones....
snow conditions
Huski wrote:
How was the bourguignon ?

It’s still in the freezer. It was due to be eaten on 1 January but after a large very late lunch that day it was decided it wasn’t needed.
I have a group of friends out in 10 days time so I’ll probably use it then.

I’ll update when its used, along with the Tikka Masala and Thai curry.
snow conditions
thefatcontroller wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Not true. You can filter down to microwave usable food. Some are oven reheat only but a lot offer microwave.

Good to know - thanks!
snow report
@NickyJ, very strange some of the cooking arrangements! We had a week in French apartment at Christmas, in Ste Foy, but luckily our oven was a combi thing and large enough for our Cook turkey crown (Cook also delivered by Huski of course although I transported mine myself) then a week in two different Italian apartments on the lakes with ‘proper’ ovens and now in Kirchberg with a microwave and a proper oven, so no need yet for my slow cooker, down in the car, which I used quite a bit last winter. Travelling by car makes it easier. My chalet in Les Gets had a range cooker, so large oven there. But you couldn’t heat to more than about 200C or it blew the thermostat. Big bossy notice about that..
ski holidays
We are self catering in Val Disere end March and will hopefully be trying the huski food in combination with a few meals out.

How far in advance do we need to order ?
snow report
Hi Sheffskibod. Thanks for thinking of Huski. We would need your order by 8pm the day before you wanted delivery.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller wrote:
@Huski, you spying on us

Ha, yes! We have a team of highly organised, finely tuned ex-CIA/Mi5 operatives working for us now. Smile
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Good to know - thanks!

Yep, all true. The microwave friendly selection isn't as vast as the oven options but it covers most bases. We have been working closely with a lot of the big residences (mentioning no names, or, should we say acronyms) and the lack of ovens is quite a startling reality. Surprising for a nation which prides itself on food and cooking.
ski holidays
@Huski, it's always been the case that the French use the hob much more than the oven to cook. My French family would invariably pot-roast when we, in England, would oven-roast.
ski holidays
Ah, that would explain it. Thanks. We need to add more hob friendly dishes to our menu I think.
snow conditions
Although I did install a proper built-in oven at my apartment in France, I find I don't use it so much as I thought I would. Some of the other apartments in the residence still don't have them, and a UK guest at one of them that does discovered recently it was broken. French owners had no idea as they never used it.
snow conditions
Loved our huski food. Only complaint was too much chocolate brownie with the kids' menu - they wanted more choice...
Delivery was a bit later than we'd hoped on the first day (for kids early tea) but fine for adults.

But absolutely delicious, definitely worth it, and will be using Huski again next year.
ski holidays
Looking forward to this! We have an order placed for 4 days worth of food in Feb. Will feedback how it goes!
snow report
Used Huski for 1st time this week. Only 2 of us but was keen to try out. Overall impressed, food was high quality and good portions. We had the beef bourgignon, lamb tagine & beef mondeuse. Happily have all 3 again but the beef mondeuse was the best.

Reality is when self catering you have 3 main options for dinner. Cook yourself, ready prepared/Huski or eat out. Cook yourself is cheapest option, eating out is not cheap. Huski sits in the middle for cost but it saves a huge amount of time so if self catering and want a real break from cooking then Huski is great. Easy to bulk up mains with bread and veg.
ski holidays
My parents have been big fans of Cook stuff for years. This sounds like an excellent idea.
snow report
@Orange200, ep cook is great. The crispy duck is wonderful and the beef wellington is my christmas day staple.
snow report
BluesOnly wrote:
Loved our huski food. Only complaint was too much chocolate brownie with the kids' menu - they wanted more choice...
Delivery was a bit later than we'd hoped on the first day (for kids early tea) but fine for adults.

But absolutely delicious, definitely worth it, and will be using Huski again next year.

Thanks Bluesonly, and duly noted for the kids menu, we will try and introduce a little more variety to the dessert offering (which is great for me personally as I can eat chocolate brownie even more than I already do!) For the timing of the delivery, perhaps we can build in a kids priority early delivery slot. Something to look at.
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Orange200, ep cook is great. The crispy duck is wonderful and the beef wellington is my christmas day staple.

Oh!!! The crispy duck.... That is something we HAVE to have out here in the Alps...; Now where is Cook's phone number... It's here somewhere...... Razz Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy