Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Oakley still making Airbrake lenses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - I'm based in the UK and looking for lenses for the Oakley Airbrake (the smaller, older model!), ideally Prizm ones!

Can't seem to find them online though - there was a single one available on the Oakley website when I checked but it has since been sold! Anyone have any information if these are still being produced by Oakley, as it seems no online stores hold them currently!

Any help appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@eushengho1, Hi and welcome snowHead

The full goggles are still being sold by Oakley, which suggests they haven't been discontinued. It could be a supply issue. Their customer services are usually pretty helpful – drop them an email with what you're looking for and they might be able to tell you where you can get one from, or info on when they might be available.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've found Oakleys customer service to be excellent so I'd recommend emailing them to check on availability.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scarlet, I think the OP is talking about the Airbrake rather than the Airbrake XL model the latter is the only one I can see on the snow section of the Oakley website. I think for snow goggles, the Airbrake XL replaced the original Airbrake although they do make something which looks like the old Airbrake for motocross and mountain biking and there are lenses for those!

@eushengho1, I got 2 Prizm replacement lenses from Freeze Pro online but it appears they have sold out now. Snowinn are listing a couple in stock but aren't cheap.

https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/oakley-lens-airbrake/1349510/p

Ebay is also worth a look, I got a spare pair of second hand Airbrake frames with 2 lenses for around half the cost of the above lens in the summer! Lenses also come up there as I have listed some non Prizm ones previously.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DrNo, Yes, you're right. I thought I was looking at the Airbrake not the XL.

Even so, my advice still stands. Oakley sometimes have a bit of overstock/end of line stuff that you can access by emailing customer services and asking them what they've got lying around wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

@scarlet @spyderjon I'll definitely drop a line to customer service then!

@DrNo Yeah exactly, the old Airbrakes over the XL! Have you had any experience with snowinn? (they've got really bad trustpilot reviews)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fun update - just managed to buy a lens (PRIZM Snow Rose) off the official Oakley UK website!

They were out of stock when I checked yesterday but got lucky today!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy