Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier looking for a buddy

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
I am a 58 year old expert/advanced skier looking for somebody to go skiing with.
Late Feb early March if anyone is up for it
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi pal I'm a boarder but stick to the slopes on 54 where you thinking of going
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don’t know yet, I always leave it until the last couple of weeks before I go, to see where the best snow is.
So probably high altitude resort with loads of piste.
Kev
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi was it Val thorens last yr and tignes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never been to Val Thorens. Done Val-de-Isere skies over to Tignes most days.
Have you done Austria? I used tho love French resorts until I tried Austria.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm possibly interested. just waiting to see if my leave request has been granted for first week of march. booking last minute sounds great as there are some great deals this year. would love to do mayrhofen or sauze as I've done France to death.

brooksy69 on here is also looking at a trip I think
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where are you from?
I’ve done St Anton twice that is a top resort with loads to do. Can be a bit pricey though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm from Lichfield. yeh, I've seen Australia can be pricey. my colleague who was a instructor said sauze a good place to go at a reasonable price with cheapish beer to????? I'm no party animal though!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m up for anything as long as the snow is good and there is plenty to do. I do like a beer or two but my wild party days are over. It takes longer to recover now haha
I live at a pace called Beamish it’s in between Durham and Newcastle.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK. I'll know more on Monday evening but I like the idea of last minute and go where there is good snow
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dave_3, hi Dave when can you go
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dave_3, hi Dave when can you go@skier100, my lad is working in st anton
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1st of March if I get the leave I've requested. looks like I will as nobody else wants that date
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you board
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
no mate. i ski. I usually go with 2 boarders and another skier
latest report
Do u fancy booking some thing
snow report
yes mate.
what I'd like to propose is to wait until the week before to see where has got good snow and then book. Crystal ski have got some great last minute deals. they've gone up a little as its school holidays all over in Feb but the lady said they'll drop again in March. for eg. soldeu was about £250/300 for a week.

one thing for sure is I'm not spending a week at home looking at my TV. definitely going to get out
snow report
Ok pal my number is07957122808
snow report
Del 26 wrote:
Ok pal my number is07957122808

ill be in touch soon
snow report
Hi I may be interested if it is 3rd March onwards. (wifes birthday on 2nd so I can't get a pass on that date Smile
snow report
Looks like there is a bit of interest
snow report
skier100 wrote:
Looks like there is a bit of interest

I know. might just get to blow the dust of my skis
snow report
When was the last time you skied?
snow report
chamonix last Jan. so not too long. feels like an eternity though
latest report
dave_3 wrote:
chamonix last Jan. so not too long. feels like an eternity though

I haven’t been to chamonix, what’s it like there,that one is on my must do resorts. I went to Soll last with a guy I met on snow heads, he has been to Soll about 25 times, he knew everything about the place. He arranged everything it was so cheap I couldn’t believe it. We flew into Munich and hired a car for the week. We stayed on a working farm i paid 20 euros per night and that’s with a single room and breakfast. That’s what you call a cheapie.
Best place I have been has to be Whistler with St Anton not far behind.
snow report
I wasn't overly impressed. there's like 4 ski areas but not linked so you get bored in half a day and want to move on. then you have to get a bus. the skiing was quality though and some great runs. my biggest dislike was the price of food and beer. I detest spending 10 euro on a pint.
ski holidays
dave_3 wrote:
I wasn't overly impressed. there's like 4 ski areas but not linked so you get bored in half a day and want to move on. then you have to get a bus. the skiing was quality though and some great runs. my biggest dislike was the price of food and beer. I detest spending 10 euro on a pint.

Holy poo-poo 10 euros a pint that’s put me off, but that’s France for you.I used to love skiing in France until I tried Austria you get much more for the pound, and the resorts I have been to the lifts are modern.
snow conditions
In case you wanted to go to the same place and join us on the slopes, there's 4 of us in Kirchberg first week in March(I can see that's no good for Tri1). 3 of similar age, and one who's younger.

Apartment was a bargain though - I can find a link if you're interested. We're skiing all around that area, then on Thursday having a day trip to Saalbach - which is on the Super Salzburg.

Good luck sorting something anyway.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skier100, 1st week of March great time to ski. Watch France though...still busy, last week of their school winter hols, so roads and popular resorts can get packed.

Last minute deal great idea if you’re flexible on area, travel, departure date. Italy good value, likewise some places in Austria.

As well as Crystal...Neilson, Inghams, Ski World and Sunweb usually worth a look for late deals.

If keen on France I’d also try Ski Amis, Ski Olympic, Mountain Sun, Snowcoach.
snowHead
ski holidays
SteveBrown wrote:
In case you wanted to go to the same place and join us on the slopes, there's 4 of us in Kirchberg first week in March(I can see that's no good for Tri1). 3 of similar age, and one who's younger.

Apartment was a bargain though - I can find a link if you're interested. We're skiing all around that area, then on Thursday having a day trip to Saalbach - which is on the Super Salzburg.

Thanks for the info Steve.
Have you sorted the trip out yourself, if so where are you flying to, I guess either Salzburg or Munich. And how are you transferring to resort.
If you don’t mind can you send me the link.
Cheers
Kev
ski holidays
PeakyB wrote:
@skier100, 1st week of March great time to ski. Watch France though...still busy, last week of their school winter hols, so roads and popular resorts can get packed.

Last minute deal great idea if you’re flexible on area, travel, departure date. Italy good value, likewise some places in Austria.

As well as Crystal...Neilson, Inghams, Ski World and Sunweb usually worth a look for late deals.

If keen on France I’d also try Ski Amis, Ski Olympic, Mountain Sun, Snowcoach.
snowHead

Thanks for the info
Kev
latest report
skier100 wrote:
SteveBrown wrote:

Have you sorted the trip out yourself, if so where are you flying to, I guess either Salzburg or Munich. And how are you transferring to resort.
Cheers
Kev

Yes, sorted myself.

It's an apartment that Sunweb & others use, but we booked it separate to them. Yes Salzburg, and hiring a car. I think the car was £230, for an estate with winter tyres. We're going to ski all the local resorts, except for Thursday, when we're having a drive over to Saalbach.

I think we paid about £550 + a cleaning bill. It's 3 rooms and will sleep 6, but I think that would be a squeeze, and I assume one or two are doubles.

https://austria.directbooking.ro/booking-apartments-heidi-peter-kirchberg-reservation-offer-1128076.aspx
latest report
SteveBrown wrote:
skier100 wrote:
SteveBrown wrote:

Cheers
Kev

Cheers buddy

Yes, sorted myself.

It's an apartment that Sunweb & others use, but we booked it separate to them. Yes Salzburg, and hiring a car. I think the car was £230, for an estate with winter tyres. We're going to ski all the local resorts, except for Thursday, when we're having a drive over to Saalbach.

I think we paid about £550 + a cleaning bill. It's 3 rooms and will sleep 6, but I think that would be a squeeze, and I assume one or two are doubles.

https://austria.directbooking.ro/booking-apartments-heidi-peter-kirchberg-reservation-offer-1128076.aspx
ski holidays
I got the leave I wanted. Still want to get a trip in?

@skier100,
@Del 26,
brooksy69
snow conditions
I’m still up for it, where do you fancy?
latest report
tbh mate I'm not that bothered I'd like a resort that

is suitable for advanced skiers
lots to go go at
reasonable to eat and drink

apparently pas del la casa /soldeu is great value for money and so is Italy. don't want to pay a fortune. as long as I've got a bed I'm happy
snow conditions
I’ve been to Soldeu, it was for my 40th Birthday, it was ok from what I can remember. It’s a long transfer from Toulouse airport.
I haven’t been to Italy since I was in school. So that was quite some time ago.
Where do you live?
snow report
Lichfield.
snow conditions
    skier100 wrote:
    I’ve been to Soldeu, it was for my 40th Birthday, it was ok from what I can remember. It’s a long transfer from Toulouse airport.
    I haven’t been to Italy since I was in school. So that was quite some time ago.
    Where do you live?

Sorry I’ve asked you that before. Old age creeping in hah
    snow conditions
    @dave_3,
    Quote:

is suitable for advanced skiers

lots to go go at

reasonable to eat and drink

Arabba might suit you. Cheap flights to Venice Marco Polo or Treviso. Plenty competition for transfers or reasonable to rent a car between 3 or 4. Decent choice of apartments.
    latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy