Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways have lost my ski clobber - help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Skimum1, I'm in a similar boat - i.e. I'm going again but not until next week so I've got a bit more breathing room than you but it's skis, boots, all my gear I'm STILL waiting for - not to mention all the kids' clothes etc!

I got through to someone yesterday by calling the Exec Club Silver helpline and they did contact the baggage team for me but not much help - they told me it had been collected by the courier and would be delivered yesterday - after which I did get a flurry of emails/texts - however still no bags and no updates on the system.

Would be interested to hear when you iTag is on the move..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We got 2 of our 5 bags today. Received a random text this morning from DHL saying they have 2 parcels for us, which turned out to be suitcases.

Nothing has updated on the baggage tracker. But I did speak with the baggage line yesterday who said all 5 bags had been collected by the couriers and would be sent in the coming days. Fingers crossed the rest turn up
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JailBaitMcFlude wrote:
Kimski44 wrote:
Apart from anything else, @sean1967 has def got the right attitude and sad as I am for his plight, this makes for hilarious reading…. (Sorry Sean1967). Really hope his underwear, never mind all his ski essentials, turns up tomorrow. Agree re unnecessary spending sprees as mentioned above, but I’ve considered it a little naff for many years now to actually TRAVEL in a ski jacket (I suppose if you’re a bloke, it’s alright) so I would be skiing along in my fluffy teddy bear coat if this was me… which would be ok I guess and I think many of the ladies on here are with me!!

This is a spoof post, right?

No, I haven’t worn a ski jacket on the way to a ski trip for ….. probably ever. I think I did once, in 1983.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jma wrote:
We were also caught up in the chaos at T5 on Sat, coming back from Milan, arriving c.11pm. At least the pilot on our flight said don't bother waiting on the bags as there weren't any ground crew to unload them. our 7 bags have apparently been collected by a courier (on Monday evening) but still no sign of them. No tracking number, no way to contact anyone, website works intermittently

The weather on Friday may have been the precipitant of the issues but it was forecast and alerts/warnings were widely distributed for several days. The real problem is that BA have clearly pared their operation down to the barest of bones and are relying far too much on cheaply developed and badly designed technology. As a result, they have no tolerance for and can't (even remotely) cope with the slightest of hiccups. They're still using the pandemic as an excuse not to answer the phone at all and their customer service is now the worst of any company I've ever encountered. They're actually far worse now than any of the budget airlines.

I have booked with them again recently for 2 more trips this year because they rolled my silver status over for a couple of years but that's unlikely to happen again as my business travel is never going to go back to the way it was so as soon as I lose the the lounge/check-in/baggage perks, I'll never fly with them again. There's simply no value proposition whatsoever from their offering: A premium price for, by some distance, the very worst level of service? No thanks.

Just to say, there are a lot of internal problems atm at BA…….. slightly hanging over from the pandemic. TBF, the airlines suffered way more than hospitality, however…..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still nothing here. We're not going again for 4 weeks when my kida have school trips and we're going to try and get away for 3/4 days but my daughter is most unhappy her new Converse aren't here. Apparently it ruined last weekend and is about to ruin the next one.

I am getting pissed off now, especially at the lack of communication. Husband is a very frequent flier, can't get through on the exec club gold line or anything. He's trying to change lots of upcoming US travel to another airline.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most of our bags arrived yesterday via Royal Mail so nearly five full days. Still missing one bag which was apparently collected by DHL on Monday evening so getting a bit concerned about that one.

BA actually sent me a customer satisfaction questionnaire... "Thinking about your most recent flight from Milan..." I'd rather not, but I did and gave them some robust feedback!

@Soozm, I had to wait c.45 mins to get through to a person on the exec club silver line, one would assume the gold line has more people/shorter queue. That said, whilst they were sympathetic and did get hold of the baggage team for me, they weren't a lot of help.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jma, Well I'm hoping they turn up today - if only to stop the moaning about the teenager's Converse! wink

Seriously, it's absolutely not good enough is it. I'm trying to remain calm and haven't personally called them - assuming I'll just get more and more angry and won't make any difference. I have also been trying to tell myself we're at home so it's just a matter of having an inconvenient supply of underwear, but I'm fed right up today. I thought it would be a max 3 days - and I'm just gobsmacked they're not sending out aplogies left right and centre. As well as the clothes etc they have a snowboard with brand new bindings and boots and my painstakingly chosen and fitted lovely ski boots Sad

I'll look forward to that survey once the bags get here!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bastathecat wrote:
Our bags turned up yesterday by courier. So 3 days/nights without our gear. Very pleased to have all our own stuff today - makes skiing much easier.

Luggage tracker website says bags are still en route.

Now the task of trying to work out what to claim from BA and what from insurers starts. There are 4 of us so we've spent a reasonable amount getting sorted.

Worth checking your insurance wording - mine says something along the lines of "we are not liable for any loss than can be claimed from another source". So in my case, BA are on the hook for paying the expenses caused by my delayed luggage, not my insurer. I think I will be correct in saying to BA that I am not insured, since my insurance does not cover this eventuality.

BA are liable for up to 1288 SDR (around £1325), in my case I had to shell out about £500 for replacement gloves, goggles, rental kit and toiletries etc for 3 days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Positive end to my story: having submitted receipts last Friday for my delayed baggage issue two weeks earlier, I've received an email today confirming that they will be transferring almost £900 to my bank account for the items I had to purchase that I couldn't hire (clothing, padded equipment etc).

They're rejected the receipt for food (because they "ask customers to put anything valuable, fragile or perishable in their hand baggage") and for the taxi back (even though their own suggested example description is "taxi receipt") but am obviously relieved they paid up, and slightly disappointed I didn't spend another £400 on a new helmet and goggles!

Best of luck to all others who've been affected recently
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
musehead wrote:
bastathecat wrote:
Our bags turned up yesterday by courier. So 3 days/nights without our gear. Very pleased to have all our own stuff today - makes skiing much easier.

Luggage tracker website says bags are still en route.

Now the task of trying to work out what to claim from BA and what from insurers starts. There are 4 of us so we've spent a reasonable amount getting sorted.

Worth checking your insurance wording - mine says something along the lines of "we are not liable for any loss than can be claimed from another source". So in my case, BA are on the hook for paying the expenses caused by my delayed luggage, not my insurer. I think I will be correct in saying to BA that I am not insured, since my insurance does not cover this eventuality.

BA are liable for up to 1288 SDR (around £1325), in my case I had to shell out about £500 for replacement gloves, goggles, rental kit and toiletries etc for 3 days.

That is what I stated in my claim and am very happy that I won't need to go through insurance on this occasion.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well it arrived ten minutes ago! No notice that it was coming, but the courier called and luckily I was 5 mins from home and he waited. Very, very relieved!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Part of the problem apparently is that the couriers have been trying to deliver during the week without notification so of course many people are out and they need signed for baggage so can't be left behind a bush or other delivery tacticd.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My skis didn’t turn up last Sunday at Salzburg. Took 3 days to arrive via Vienna/Frankfurt/Salzburg. I could track where they were with the code from the form filled out at the airport and the luggage tag number.

You won’t be covered for new boots or helmet, just hire. Surely you wore your jacket though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
buchanan101 wrote:
My skis didn’t turn up last Sunday at Salzburg. Took 3 days to arrive via Vienna/Frankfurt/Salzburg. I could track where they were with the code from the form filled out at the airport and the luggage tag number.

You won’t be covered for new boots or helmet, just hire. Surely you wore your jacket though.

I was unable to hire in Whistler from the chain they gave me a "voucher" for, so I had no choice but to purchase a jacket and trousers, padded equipment and gloves even as temporary replacements for the items in my luggage that I had to do without (although I discovered two days later that one set of shops did at least hire trousers and jackets... bad luck BA)

If I hadn't had my helmet and goggles (and a set of thermals), I'd have purchased those too and in hindsight, I wish I had anyway. Entirely their fault as this was two weeks before the storm issues of last weekend.

I hope that anyone claiming as a result of that however ends up being as successful as I was.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just arrived in Seattle last night for a week skiing and boarding on Oregon and BA left both of our board bags in Heathrow. Luckily both our trousers and jacket are in our other hold bags which made it, but means hiring skis and boots, and buying helmet, gloves and goggles.

Based on the others on this thread I’m hopeful they’ll pay out but not hopeful they’ll make the four hour trip from Seattle to Mt Hood today. Not going to let it bother me though, at least we made it through the other chaos at Heathrow yesterday with only an hour delay to departure. Just looking for some new goggles online now!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy