Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GB Children's races

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thankfully, now over! A great few days though, if stressful as usual. Pretty grim conditions from the outset with the slalom course cutting up pretty badly on Sunday in the warmth, the GS on Monday cancelled on Monday because of the weather and soft snow conditions, and finally a single run GS on Tuesday to replace the scheduled super-G, a bit of a disappointment for those looking forward to all three events. Still, could have been worse - we nearly had no race at all on Tuesday either after a foot of snow had fallen on the Meribel slalom stadium overnight ...

A proper report sometime soon, but in the meantime, great fun as usual, and a good atmosphere. Hannou enjoyed having a few extra days off school and finished fourth overall, and it was great to see her best friends and fellow French residents Louisa and Abi take first and second, and the D.H.O. take first prize for the Children II age category team event snowHead ...

(click on thumbnails to see the full-size photos)

D.H.O. takes cup for best team, Children II girls...

Best friend Abi takes GS and Overall Cup ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, 4th sounds excellent to me - well done to her (and you) snowHead . Was that better/worse/about the same as she (and you) had hoped?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG, You must both be completely tired out snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowbunny, not too tired to go skiing in the Meribel and Mottaret powder today!! Ray Zorro, she both fell (losing 4 or 5 seconds) and lost a ski pole in Sunday's slalom which cost her a place on the overall podium, the GS race yesterday was a lottery with dire conditions, a lot of girls crashing out, and the super-G was cancelled which was a shame, she likes that. But as she's only a 'first year' mixing it with the big girls having moved up into the next age category, she did fine!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG,
Quote:

not too tired to go skiing in the Meribel and Mottaret powder today

Nice one. Some compensation for getting up really early Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG, Sounds like she did very well in extremely dodgy conditions, and at least she finished! Looking forward to seeing you both at VAl T.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad to see DHO take the top step. Did Hannah get to the technical tests today?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anyone else puzzled by the decision not to pull the first setting of the GS ? not quite sure how the local team intended to prepare the slope for the following day with the gates still in - suggestions ?

Nice place, good GB organisation but steep bills, crap snow - can we move to somewhere higher ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Chris - not for two years apparently. A contract of sort exists, I've heard.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris,I am told that the course wasnot pulled because the Snow crew were under the impression that it would stop snowing at 6pm (or there abouts) and this would give them time to work on the slope. I left town at 8pm and it was still snowing - a foot of snow was on my car at the time! This still does not explain why the course was left to stagnate! Now the fact that the organisers were all hob nobbing it that night may have had something to do with it but thats just a thought! I was certainly left with the impression that the Children's races were a poor relation to the FIS races that occured later.

In the coaches forum, it was brought up that the Children's and Junior Championships could take place at the same time in nearby resorts. If this is to happen then could the powers that be please look at resorts that are not on the borderline when it comes to snow levels!

In the light of things that have happened since we all left Merihell faith in these people and decision making is not great!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
to be fair, I thought the decision on the slopes was down to the Stade team rather than our own - for whom, in terms of effort, expertise etc there should be nothing but praise I think - the same merry band every year - not easy to see who's going to pick up the mantle (pace Berry and Cole !)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Our own were hobnobbing (after all what is more important: Organising the racing or swigging G&T with Royalty? I forget sorry they are all volunteers been paid to have a damn good holiday at parents of racers expense!) and from what I heard the piste crew or should that have been pissed crew(?) were all in the bar waiting for the snow to stop.... Cynical yes and I dont even have kids (well not that I am aware of!)

Yes the piste crew did a job but then for €1300 piste rent a day i would hope that they would! The fact that the kids races were deemed less important than the FIS races stinks to me personally!

From a purely personal point of view, and one that Snowsport England are to be congratulated on, the PSV races were run a lot more professionally than the shambles that occured at Merihell.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy