Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skicab.com

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anybody used www.skicab.com ?

They are the most cost effective way I've found so for of transporting 18+ people from Geneva to Meribel and back.

Would like to hear if anyone has positive or otherwise experience before committing to a booking ?

thanks,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
masmith, Try Alpybus.I have used them a couple of times with no problems and looking at the prices skicab quoted I reckon they are a good deal cheaper too wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hedley, Alpybus ? Meribel isn't in the Chamonix valley, so no good I'm afraid. But thanks anyway.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Actually, to transport 18 people we would need to rent a 30 seater, which would actually work out cheaper than renting 2 x 8 seaters from other companies, approx. £60 per head return.

So we could have some seats available for transfers to 3V - if anyone wants to team up please send me a PM

Dates are Sunday 11 April 09, leaving GVA approx 15:30, returning to GVA for approx 09:00 the 18/4/09.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used Tonic/Skicabs last year, and I was very impressed with them. They were the cheapest option I could find, and Bertrand was very helpful. We had booked a coach for 14 people and were supposed to be getting an 18 seater. There were no 18 seaters left, so they sent us a full coach, most luxurious heading down with loads of space for all of us, with jealous looks as we passed packed TO buses.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dublinfella, excellent news, Bertrand is the guy I've been in touch with, seems very helpful indeed. Thanks for the comments.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masmith, sorry Ive not been following the thread over the weekend.Alpybus will do transfers to other resorts as well if you fill the bus. I have used them to Meribel and to Verbier the last two seasons.Not sure whether they can cater for 18?but it would be worth e mailing them as they are always competitive on price and always looking for business,no payment up front and British run I think.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hedley, OK, thanks, will drop them a mail and see if they are competitive.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
masmith, good tip hadnt heard of these guys before
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, no neither had I, found a link on the merinet site
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wouldn’t recommend skicabs.com
We booked online and thought the quote good but it only after we’d paid that the transfer times were notified to us.
The pick up on the way home was 8!! Hours ahead of our flight time for a 1.15min journey.
It was a busy Saturday and so journey delay time had to be factored in but even so with heavy traffic we arrived at the airport with 6 hours to spare. They had previously refused to put back the pick up time and we asked to sit in the vehicle as it was cold outside and there was a queue to get in the airport. The driver refused as he had to get to Geneva for another pick up. Clearly they collected us 6 hours early because it suited them and not to ensure we got the flight during heavy traffic.
On the way to our resort he passed our accommodation and carried on up the mountain until we told him to turn around. He hadn’t researched the accommodation at all and then refused to take us to the door. We had to walk with cases and skis up to the chalet without knowing where it was and ended up going around the houses in the cold wet and dark to find it. When I asked to complain they told me ‘I was joking’. Will be submitting a formal complaint. Not recommended.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy