Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This neon fad ....

Poster: A snowHead
When will it end ......

We are now seemingly entrenched in an 80's revival and the old saying ..."if you were wearing it first time around, you are too old to wear it now" (or something like that) just isnt being adhered to !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Makes it easy to find the group you are skiing with though!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What, a sort of bright limegreen??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What Neon fad? Don't recall seeing any more than usual out there. @limegreen1 are you sure you're not trying to justify the regrettable purchase of some eye-scorching luridwear under the cover of being 'on-trend'?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neon's great. Black is for funerals, brown is the colour of mud, and grey is the colour of old people's hair* ghosts.

* Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Must dig out my 180 neon face paint. If it hasn't fossilised.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I must be almost trendy then, just bought some nice bright almost neon yellow ski boots NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I never used Neon.....far to expensive!!

Much cheaper to just use a felt tip pen.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We saw loads in Tignes when we were there last month. It's pretty glowy anyway, but with goggles when you see it, it's extreme! I quite fancied getting some for the children to make them easier to spot Very Happy

Pink, orange, yellow and green. I admit I loved it when it was in style in the 80s so I'm obviously going to still love it now - caring about fashion trends has never been my thing anyway..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like the neons. They are especially cheering on a dull, grey, day. snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Nah, neon is so passé. Tweed is where it's at....... wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Neon should definitely make a comeback!

I miss my cool Rodeo gear.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm thinking of changing my username to limegreen2. Not neon though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My ski jacket is BRIGHT yellow and I've been wanting to change it for years, however my wife won't let me as it means she can see me miles away in the mountain.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fashion is for the hoi poloi. Black will always be cool. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I had neon the first time around my jacket was a Nevica ensemble of fluorescent pink orange and green. I looked a proper Charlie!

[/img]
latest report
Ouch! wrote:
I had neon the first time around my jacket was a Nevica ensemble of fluorescent pink orange and green. I looked a proper Charlie!

[/img]

Oooooh, that is magnificent!
snow report
I've just mounted some FKS bindings in flouro orange and first time out with them it was a bit flat light but they were glowing soo bright! Also on another set of skis the bases are flouro pink on one ski and flouro green on the other, the reflection on the snow when you are skiing is quite impressive.
snow report
Its not too late, similar jackets can still be bought for a bargain £25........

http://www.craigdon-edinburgh.com/womens-c3/jackets-c96/ice-mountain-womens-rosiere-jacket-p3192
ski holidays
I always wanted lumi yellow trousers as a teenager in the late 80s. Couldn't afford them or wasn't daring enough by the time I could (or maybe they'd left the shops by then). Stuck with black for years.

Finally in Andorra a couple of years ago, in a shop with heavily discounted gear, decided to treat myself to bright orange trousers, and a helmet (not so bright) to match. My family can recognize me immediately in a crowd. The joke is that I have an orange car (and don't drink alcohol, = orange juice) so the colour is taking over my life, hence my username. I'm still a fashion disaster with my mid-90s (dull blue) Couloir ski jacket, but frankly too old to care.

I'll look even stupider when I use that gear to start boarding again....
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, A bet that elderly chap skis like a demon Very Happy
snow report
Swissie wrote:
@Alastair Pink, A bet that elderly chap skis like a demon Very Happy
Elderly?! Shocked He does ski like a demon, though. Very Happy
snow report
So anyway my err mate wants to know where to buy some so does anyone know of any sites that sell them or at least know what brands to look for wink
ski holidays
@Swissie, he is that chap!
snow conditions
@gad, this, to start?
http://www.rossignol.com/US/US/synergy-pant--2014--RLDMP23--product--clothing-all.html
snow report
@Alistair Pink I have a better pic of said be-tweeded gentleman wink

ski holidays
There is a difference between stuff that's just "bright", à la @spyderjon – nothing wrong with that, I have a pair of yellow trousers myself, and the proper "dayglo" stuff which makes the standard brights look rather desaturated in comparison. I'm not sure if goggles make the luminous gear look brighter, but I saw some on the slopes last week and it was horrendously bright Shocked

No idea where you get it from though, I'm not sure I want to know!
ski holidays
@Zero_G, yebbut he does look great in full tweeds - including jacket and necktie - too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hurtle, that he does!
snow conditions
Many years ago I went on a tea club trip to Val T. The rep had devised a game to rate ski outfits on a scale of 1-10 for outrageous bright colours. He stated at the beginning that he'd never seen a 10. Well the week went on and we'd seen the odd 8-9 but the elusive 10 eluded us.

On the last day I just glanced something that changed the whole game. There was a Japanese man in the most glaring striped one piece with so many different bright colours that I was sure warranted the true 10 points.

Ok, Tim, I've spotted a 10. No way he said. When he looked round he said, game over. That's not just a 10 but more like a 15. I've never seen a better one. It was truly a wonder to behold.
snow conditions
I'm thrilled bright colours are back. I started skiing in the Neon Nevica era - it was fun to dress up for skiing.
Then the clothes became boring: black, black, black - even brown!
Result: everyone looked the same.
Skiing is fun. Lets have outfits that shout out loud.
Why would anyone want to be Beigist?
As the great philosopher Billy Connolly once said: "I've been a poser for f---ing years. I say, pose your @rse off. You know, have a laugh."
ski holidays
Black should be banned from the slopes.......(now retreating to a safe distance) wink
latest report
@gad, I found this website whilst looking for a new suit http://willyfinder.com/product-category/buy/mens/ski-suits/
Some cracking options on there! I didn't order anything from them so have no idea about their reputability (if that's a word).
snow report
The new stuff isn't neon, the original round of neon kit - face paint, and clothing was truly painful & great fun. I got a Elho neon hat for Christmas in 88 or 89 from my brothers. It made my eyes bleed when I was wearing it, never mind what it did to those around me. The current stuff is just "bright" Very Happy
snow conditions
@stevepick, there is definitely some proper neon about, it is considerably brighter than the "bright" stuff. Those wearing it look like they've been lit up.
ski holidays
I think it is a pity that everyone is going with moss green, blacks and browns, it was fun in the 80s when the blue sky, white snow, and multi coloured skiers were on the mountain..lol
ski holidays
@biddpyat, nah. it was still blue/yellow this year wink

ski holidays
SFR_ wrote:
@gad, I found this website whilst looking for a new suit http://willyfinder.com/product-category/buy/mens/ski-suits/
Some cracking options on there! I didn't order anything from them so have no idea about their reputability (if that's a word).

The name of that website, there's no way I'd buy if from there !!

So where did you get that from ? Errr willy Finder.com 😳
snow report
There are so many French teenagers skiing around in neon ski pants that they can't be very difficult to find.....
latest report
If I could ski like a god on two planks I would definitely wear fluorescent pink ski pants. Great for being spotted from the air by a rescue chopper Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy