Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Woman accidentally books 4 Ski Holidays with Sunweb - All for the same day !!

Poster: A snowHead
As title : A lady from Dorset accidentally booked 4 Ski Holidays with SunWeb ; all on the same day to different resorts...!

Seems she was checking prices by doing a 'practice' book without actually completing the booking, but the 'system' still charged her... Sad

report here - starts at 32.30 mins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000dj9z
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocked

But why did she cancel them all? Sunweb did do right in the end at least, you have to work a little way through the process to get full prices (especially with children where the price comes down due to lift passes being cheaper).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone we know?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"..But why did she cancel them all?"

That bit did seem bizarre
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hope she applied the ski Club discount wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I booked flights for 2am back from Singapore once. Trouble was I was convinced it was 2pm. Checked out and was stood in reception when OH got the tickets out and noticed the 12 difference in my time and the real time and that the plane had left hours ago. Oops. Generously BA rebooked us for the tiny sum of £250 each. How I laughed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easy to do something like this in the heat of the moment, no matter how careful you think you're being.

We once managed to book our return ski flight for the same day as the outbound flight, instead of for the following Saturday. Fortunately easyJet were very understanding and transferred our tickets without charge, otherwise we would have had a rather disappointing 25 minute holiday to Grenoble Airport Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@denfinella, really?! I can see how you can accidentally book the wrong date because you do a 'test' book a few times and then don't double check when finally committing (I've done it myself). Is the current website the 'new' version? To my mind it is fairly clear that you're committing, even if it doesn't request payment info. She refers to "maybe we should have better checked terms and conditions" the truth is that they should have better concentrated on what was in their basket before clicking confirm.

Currently the website has these boxes and a button which says 'Book Now':
Quote:
I am happy to confirm this booking, and understand that any future changes or cancellation can incur a fee (in accord with Sunweb's terms and conditions)
I have read and agree with the before stated elements of the travel package, standard information and terms and conditions
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha, laughing out loud at this!
Although it was a big error on Sunwebs part to book flights without having any financial commitment from the customer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maybe she was a Snowhead and was hoping for a button in the end that said - "Ah just pressed the dang button-dint mean nuthin by it!"

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 20-01-20 19:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What a douche.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds like Coleen Rooney.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A teacher as well, I think I'm going to home school.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It is common on the web for people to go to the end of a process (excluding payment) to check prices as often (as in this case) its the only way to see the final total price, To me Sunweb's method of effectively saying 'at the point of agreeing to the terms and conditions is counter-mount to confirmation of your booking' is clearly an unfair practice.

I don't believe for a moment that Sunweb had actually booked any flights prior to any payment being received.

I'm pretty sure if they were to try to enforce payment through the courts on the basis of their terms and conditions and this method they would fail.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, I would have agreed with you until I ended up doing the same thing myself wink

Perhaps it'll be you next time Toofy Grin
latest report
@denfinella, but you didn't do it, you booked the wrong date by accident because you were inattentive, that's a thing which happens and is understandable. Booking 4 holidays when you've clicked two separate check boxes (each time) to confirm you agree to Ts&Cs, and a button saying "Book Now" is just stupidity.

That's if the current website is the same version as she used, of course.
snow report
I worked for an online car retailer and a women, Ms Cathy Fricker, bought 17 cars at once, she was very very annoyed when she had the bank phone her to ask where the funds were coming from. It appears that the order form was slow so she kept clicking the "buy" button and some idiot hadn't done basic checks on multiform submissions. She used a word a bit like "fricker" combined with "mother" at least 17 times on the helpline Happy
snow conditions
Maybe it‘s because these female shoppers just forget they are not buying shoes again.
snow report
I've booked a couple of Sunweb holidays where I had to change the dates after booking, they were superb in helping me and with no penalty. I had paid in full as well
latest report
@SnoodlesMcFlude, ok fair enough, I see the distinction. Laughing
snow report
So many online platforms are a PITA when is comes to getting the final price. Lost track of the number of times I've basically had to go through all the "What's your rabbit's cousin's name" hoops to get something as basic as a price including delivery or confirm a discount code has applied correctly. No wonder Amazon continues to eat everyone.
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, I would have to agree.

I would not worry about committing to anything, no matter how many 'confirm' boxes I had to click, unless I had given anyone my credit card details. To my mind, unless I have agreed credit terms with someone, no deal is complete until payment has been made and I would be amazed if anyone went to the stage of actually booking the flights without taking payment from a complete unknown entity on the internet. It could be a 12 year old kid playing around for all they know!!

My business operates B2B but we would never dream of committing resources or funds to a project, however small, until we have payment from an unknown!
snow report
@tonyswift, there are, even as I write, over three hundred Snowheads seeing whether you can book Sunweb holidays without paying for them...
ski holidays
301, I never known a B2C operation to confirm anything before payment is taken. And have known many to exercise a one-sided right for them to cancel even after payment is made, but not for the buyer.
ski holidays
A week ago I accidentally bought 2 gaming laptops in error!

I forgot I'd added the machine earlier in the day and didn't check before pressing BUY.

Which reminds me I need to take the damn thing back!
ski holidays
@James the Last, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
I once booked "Advance" train tickets in the wrong direction - I was so smug as well that I'd got a great price travelling in peak times! How I laughed when we turned up at the station to find that our tickets were totally invalid and that the admin charge to change them was more than the tickets cost in the first place. Just had to rebuy at the "on the day" price. Gutted.
snow report
Very easily done as you tick the t&c box on sunweb to confirm booking but it is not at all clear that you do not pay at the time you book but they send you an invoice subsequently which you pay down the line. Normally you expect paying to be part of the purchase process. I struggled with this for a while whilst booking successfully with sunweb for the first time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy