Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slope swag

Poster: A snowHead
So what have you scored this season from skiing lift lines or just generally, or all time?

Me so far this season

A voile strap and some Smith sunnies

In return I have made a donation to the slope gods of a pocket bottle of factor 50.

All time best score an FRS radio back when they were a thing. A mate found a video camera once buried back in the days before go pros and smartphones. I assume go pros are common swag nowadays.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A pair of working bluetooth earbuds found. Smile

The visor off the top of my Atomic skid lid lost.....however it became lost as a result of a headplant jumping off rather large mounds. Embarassed Upon reflection I also found stars at the same time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At Yad Moss we have a special bin full of slope swag Laughing its amazing what folk drop........phones, cameras, wallets, car keys, bindings, poles Shocked

We try to return it of course but some of it is only found after the snow has gone. Must be heaps of stuff underneath popular or inaccessible chairlifts in the alps, come the Spring rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Post basher remains of an iPhone.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sort of, but not quite...found some really special gloves left in a bubble on the way to the top of Bernkogel in Saalbach.

Being a decent chap, I handed them to the lift operator at the top.

At some point after that week of skiing I lost my lovely RAB gloves (not on piste, just lost) - never to be seen again.

Karma? How's that bloody work??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A Black Diamond powder basket.

Ski tourers often post lost and found items on the FB group. It's amazing how many people seem to drive off without half their stuff which they've inadvertently left in the carpark rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, Is that the same bottle of factor 50 that you lost last season and then found in your bag?

Have you looked in your bag? rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lost a pair of reactolite sunglasses.

Regarding ski lifts, I don't want to give you lot ideas but I found a stack of money and a gold watch under a local chair after the spring thaw and have always vowed to go back with a metal detector. Watch handed in to tourist office - it was a wedding pressie for someone.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Police Municipale have a huge cupboard full here of lost property. I went with a friend recently. Numerous wallets, glasses, phones, sets of keys, etc. In the winter season one guys full time job is perdu et trouvé Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whilst on a stop on our coach journey home, having got to the UK, one of our group found a wallet in the toilets, with nearly a grand in cash in it!

It had the licence of a gent from Scotland in. As we went back to our coach, we spotted who we thought might the gent - a coach driver with a Scots coach firm.

We asked him his name, he scowled...it was him. We asked him if he had lost anything. He scowled again.

We gave him his wallet. He scowled some more. Not a word of thanks.

To a man, we agreed we should have kept it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Found an almost brand new snowboard and bindings at the bottom of an off piste gully with a big walk out......

That would have been great apart from the fact it was my daughters which she had lost a few weeks before and that I had already paid a load of money to replace!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickYoung, that reminds me of a group of detectives we met in a chalet once.

They were fairly accomplished skiers and very accomplished drinkers, always frequenting the same bar as they had for several years. A couple of days in, one of them lost his wallet containing several hundred Euros, his drinking fund for the week. He was generally comatose whenever I saw him, so that didn’t really surprise me, but much to his shock the barman handed it back to him when he returned to the bar the next evening.

He was clearly very pleased, as were his mates, but he couldn’t understand why anyone would do such a thing (I guess 30 odd years in the police will do that to you). “Well,” I said, “a man with no money may not hang around drinking, but a happy bloke with his pockets full of cash is likely to carry on. You’ll still spend all of it in the bar, so the barman wins either way, but this way he gets all your mates’ cash too and you’ll come back next year.” Before he passed out again, I think he may have agreed.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I found 200 skis stood up in a stand outside a mountain hut. Win!

Really I just found the specs that I had lost the day before, handed in to lost property. Canadians are very honest.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A pair of brand new skis, off-piste in late April. I'd been looking for them since being told by a fellow seasonnaire that he'd lost them around there in powder (no powder traces - an expensive omission) in January. As he'd already gone home at the end of his job with his TO I took them back to the UK, contacted him & he had to schlep from the deep south upto Huddersfield to get them back.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Up to date I've now found 3 phones in Tignes. 2x I Phones (one Russian) and a Samsung. (Dutch owner). Last season found a GoPro attached to an extending monopole whilst skiing off-piste. All handed in at either the "Maison" or the Police Municipale.
snow conditions
Left a season pass at the top of a ski lift.
ski holidays
Heard a story once of someone who skied all day and then 'found' their contact lens solution bottle in their boot! (You know who you are Toofy Grin )
latest report
@boredsurfin, wasn't it the actual lens in a box?
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Left a season pass at the top of a ski lift.

I did this last season Embarassed With a group planning an off-piste session, but the conditions weren't in and we went to the park instead. It was a baking hot spring day, so we dumped all the avi kit, jackets, poles etc. at the top and then carried on. Only when I couldn't beep through the gate did it occur to me that my pass was still in my jacket at the top of the park! Luckily, the lift was halfway up the mountain which I must've got to somehow (clearly not a ski tourer) so I managed to persuade my way back up.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy