Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on a trip 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, just looking for some advice on a ski trip this year. I am free from 17th Jan 2020 until 29th Feb 2020 where i will then be heading to Cervinia for 1 weeks ski hol, and in this time have been looking at a few options.

I have recently become single and would like to take this time to get some skiing out of my system, and potentially meet new people. I have only skied 10 weeks in total from when i was 16 and im 32 now, but consider myself a good skier, i did alot of off piste whilst in Fernie Canada for 4 weeks and 4 weeks where i was coached, i can get down almost anything linking parallel turns and carving I just need to improve my technique and style and maybe iron out some bad habits. Im a fit and determined guy so that should help with learning.

So i was thinking a ski performance course for 3-4 weeks, I have missed out on some of the courses already this year because im too late and i have restricted time i can go, so my options are:

Fernie - Canada
Deposit: £350
25 Jan 2020 - 15 Feb 2020
Red Tree Lodge
Twin
£3,640
Single
£4,420

Go back to Fernie again which is a hefty trip from Manchester to Fernie and last time i thought I dont want to do this trip again, ill try somewhere new BUT they offer the ideal course for me at this time, and it is part of a group with activities where i can interact and not feel like im on my own with everything.

Samoens
5 full days
Mon 20 to Fri 24 Jan 2020 400€ /pers
Example - i see alot of recomendations posted already on here so will take them in to account when it gets down to booking.

Or do i just find my own accommodation in somewhere like Chamonix, Grand Massif or Portes du Soleil kind of areas and head out and do the courses at 1 week back to back intervals in groups? My questions will be will i meet people like me, will i have to hang out in the bars (dont mind doing) do shared accommodation and hope i meet like minded people, do single accommodation and hope to meet people on the courses? Cost wise i would be looking to stop in 2 and 3 stars type of prices.

Any ideas, recommendations, experiences welcome.

Thanks for reading
Jay
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you specifically looking for the training or just looking to that as a means to meet other skiers of similar attitude/ability?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy